Home safety is among the top priority for every homeowner. Thefts and break-ins are not fun, and everybody is looking for a way to keep thieves and intruders at bay. Having a door lock certainly is the remedy, but not every lock ascertains maximum security. This is why it is important to find the best door locks for home security.
As you may know, there are thousands of door locks and countless electronic door lock sets available on the market. This makes the search process quite daunting and lengthy. Since security is a matter of urgency, the guide below outlines some of the best electronic door locks for homes that will make it easy to make a purchase decision.
The 5 Best Door Locks for Home Security in 2019 Review
1. August AUG-SL-CON-SO3 Smart Lock
The August AUG-SL-CON-SO3 Smart Lock tops our list of the best door locks for home security for many reasons. To begin, it is an advanced smart lock that is not only most secure but also easy to use. The lock attaches to any existing deadbolt systems thus can be used with regular keys.
- August AUG-SL-CON-SO3 Smart Lock provides secure keyless entry to your home. Once installed, you can lock and unlock the door using your phone. This gives keyless entry to your house for your family, relatives, friends, and home services eliminating the worries of lost or duplicated keys.
- It comes with DoorSense technology that makes it easy to know if the lock is locked completely.
- Has audible door tones that raise alerts in case there is an issue with the door, such as jamming deadbolts when locking.
- Installing the lock is easy, with the help of a mobile app that guides you through the installation process. The app helps in setting the auto-lock, auto-unlock, and guest access systems.
- Smart home compatibility. The lock communicates through Z-Wave or HomeKit, thus makes it functional with other smart home products, which include Google Home, Nest, Wink, IFTTT, and Amazon Echo.
- The August AUG-SL-CON-SO3 Smart Lock integrates with August DoorBELL Cam Pro making it easy to control both the doorbell and lock using a single video call instead of switching between apps.
- Works with Alexa
- Locks and automatically as you approach
- Easy to install
- Integrates with smart home systems
- Short battery life
- Quite expensive
Warranty: One year
2. Ultraloq UL3 BT Bluetooth Enabled Fingerprint Smart Lock
The Ultraloq UL3 BT Bluetooth Enabled Fingerprint Smart Lock was the world’s first 5 in 1 smart keyless lock with fingerprint and smartphone entry. The lock comes with a reversible lever that fits both right-handed and left-handed doors thus ideal for indoor and outdoor door use. With the Bluetooth connectivity, your smartphone becomes your key.
Advanced fingerprint identification : Everyone has their own unique fingerprint. This is what the Ultraloq UL3 BT Bluetooth Enabled Fingerprint Smart Lock fingerprint technology takes advantage of. The lock uses a dustproof, waterproof, scratchproof sensor that makes unlocking both easy and secure. The system can store up to 95 fingerprints and makes an identification within 0.5 seconds. It works well for elders and kids alike.
Anti-peep password : One major concern of smart locks using password technology is that strangers can peek and easily steal your password as you key in. Strangers can easily identify your password simply by looking at the worn-out digits on your entry keypad or watching nearby. However, to curb this, the Ultraloq UL3 BT Bluetooth Enabled Fingerprint Smart Lock allows users to enter random numbers within their password setting.
Shake/Knock to open : Another interesting feature that makes this unit among the best electronic door locks for homes is the knock to open feature. With this, there is no need to open the app to unlock your door. With the feature, you need to knock on your phone four times, and the door unlocks automatically. You can as well wake your smartphone screen and shake your phone to unlock the phone. You don’t need to open the app.
DIY installation : A common limiting feature to the usage of best door locks for home security is the seemingly complex installation process. However, this doesn’t apply to all smart lock systems as some are very easy to install. For this case, you don’t need to wire or drill your door. You will only need a screwdriver, which is included in the package to enjoy unmatched home security.
- Premium construction
- Reversible handle
- Easy installation
- Hidden keyhole for additional security
- Long battery life
- No ANSI rating
Warranty: 18 months
3. ZKTeco Smart Lock with Fingerprint
If you are searching for a basic and affordable door lock option, the ZKTeco Smart Lock with Fingerprint should be your product of choice. Despite its basic design and low cost, the unit comes with surprising features that certainly outmatch its price range.
Auto-lock and unlock : The ZKTeco Smart Lock with Fingerprint works with Alexa devices. Once the voice controls are verified, there is no need for rotating the handle to open the door. The deadbolt automatically retracts once your voice is recognized and the door opens.
Anti-peep password : Locks with anti-peep passwords are on a higher-level safety. This eliminates the possibility of strangers stealing glances as you enter your password. As for this system, you can enter any other digit before or after the correct code to open.
Mifare cards unlock : Apart from the anti-peep password, the ZKTeco Smart Lock with Fingerprint can be unlocked with Mifare cards. The system comes with five customized cards in the delivery package that you can give to your family when they need to gain entry to the house.
Lockout mode : This mode prevents all other normal users except the admin and those inside the house from unlocking the door once enabled. This can be used to restrict entry.
Backup power port : The unit comes with an emergency power interface and a low battery warning. This warns you beforehand if there is a need to replace the batteries. This avoids cases of being locked out due to low battery.
- High security
- Keyless entry
- Easy installation and use
- Compatible with Alexa
- Not compatible with all doors
Warranty: One year
4. Hornbill Keyless Entry Smart Lock
If you are tired of losing your home keys, try the smart lock systems such as the Hornbill Keyless Entry Smart Lock that come with keyless entries. Like other units, this smart lock comes with intriguing features that work hand in hand to not only boost your home security but also make it easy to access your home.
- Smart and safe door lock. The unit features extra security features including keyless codes, anti-peep password, and auto-clock that keeps your home safe all round.
- Through the keyless door locks app, you can check all unlocking records, including wrong password combinations from Admins account. This real-time record enables you to keep track of those entering and leaving your home.
- The smart digital door locks make it possible to share entry codes with family, friends, and guests that are valid for a few minutes, hours, or weeks. You can then revoke the codes any time without worries of stolen, lost, or copied keys.
- Easy to install. The lock comes with an easy to follow instruction manual that makes the installation process very easy. It also raises the alarm once the battery runs low.
- Keeps track of entries
- Enabled sharing codes
- Easy installation
- Smart and safe lock
- Battery not included
Warranty: One year
5. Yale Security YRD246NR0BP Assure Lock
The Yale Security YRD246NR0BP Assure Lock is probably the sleekest, key-free smart lock available currently on the market. Like other smart locks, it features an August Connect Module that connects wirelessly to WIFI and August App to flex its smart home properties.
Design : The Yale Security YRD246NR0BP Assure Lock is well designed with a minimalist front panel that accommodates a touchpad. The lock is available either in Satin Nickel, polished brass and Rubber Bronze finishes. All work well with painted or stained wood doors.
Setup and installation : Installing this unit is simple and straightforward. It takes approximately 25 minutes to install on standard wood. The rear side houses four AA batteries and its locking mechanism. The lock can store up to 50 codes, but the August Module increases its capacity to 250.
Smart home compatibility : The unit takes advantage of its smart home feature to work with Google Home, HomeKit, Alexa, Amazon key, and SmartThings.
- Stylish touchscreen
- Versatile keypad
- Flexible guest access
- Compatible with smart systems
- Expensive to upgrade
Warranty: One-year electronic, lifetime mechanical, and finish.
The Bottom Line
The importance of boosting your home lock security cannot be ignored. This is especially true for homeowners with vital and expensive home valuables. Not all locks can be trusted to keep your home safe. Smart locks that leverage modern technology are probably the best door locks to install in your homes. With keyless entries, integrated alarm systems and smart home compatibility, these locks bring forth a whole-new safety level.