If you are planning to go on a foreign vacation, you should make sure that you have a no foreign transaction fee credit card. The international no-fee transaction credit cards do not charge the cardholders when they buy products while overseas or when they pay for services that use a foreign bank to process payments. Transactional fees are usually between 1 and 3 percent of the amount you pay, which can be significant if you will be using the card to pay for everything during your trip.
The international transaction no-fee credit card will keep you safe as you do not need to carry cash. The best no foreign transaction fee credit cards can help you save money during your travels by giving you access to exclusive discounts on air flights and dining. You also earn points whenever you use the card. The points can be redeemed to discount your other purchases or even give you free access to services.
However, the benefits that you can get vary from one credit card to another. Some have annual fees, while others offer huge sign-up bonuses. You can as well find exclusive deals that make it worth paying the yearly costs. With the various US bank credit card no foreign transaction fee providers offering different benefits and features, there is a need to be careful when choosing the best product for your travels. This guide looks at the best 10 credit card no transaction fee options available in the market and a brief review of what to consider while selecting your card.
Top 10 Best Credit Cards With No Foreign Transaction
1. Chase Sapphire Preferred
If you love traveling, the Sapphire Preferred Card by Chase is a best credit card no foreign transaction fee choice that is highly versatile and valuable during your travels. With a wide variety of loyalty programs, the card is a must-have if you delight in finding excellent ways to get the maximum value from your rewards. At 1:1 rewards ratio, the card offers you possibilities to get at least 1 cent from each point with every strategic redemption. Furthermore, you are able to get two points per dollar every time you use the card on travels and dinners. The card also offers big sign-up bonus points of 60,000 upon spending $4,000 inside your first 90 days from the day you register for the account.
Previously published an article about the chase credit card approval process. If you are interested to read, here is the article to get you started :
- 60,000 points as sign up bonus
- 2X points on worldwide travels and dinning
- 25-percent more value on Chase Ultimate Rewards redeems
- No foreign transaction fee
- Big sign-up bonus
- Big bonus rewards on travel and dining
- You can move points to other chase cards
- It has an annual fee
- It is not best for cashback
2. Travel Rewards Visa Credit Card by Bank of America
If you are a budget-conscious globetrotter, the Travel Rewards Visa Credit Card easily sticks out as your best US bank credit card no foreign transaction fee choice. You will not have to lose sleep regarding the yearly fees or even transaction fees. It rewards you 1.5 points for each dollar you pay using the card. Moreover, you can qualify for 25,000 online extra points if you use $1000 within 90 days.
- Unlimited 1.5 points per $1
- 25,000 online bonus points
- No foreign transaction fees
- No annual fee
- Points do not expire
- Offers greater saving with no yearly and international transaction fees
- Offers flexible booking without limitations
- Incredible even rewards rate across all purchases
- Rewards accelerator
- It is not the best option for big spenders
- It is more restrictive than a card offering straight cash back
3. Quicksilver Cash Rewards by Capital One
The Cash Rewards Credit Card is one of the best no foreign transaction fee credit cards for individuals who value simplicity. The redeem system is straightforward as the credit card does not have a minimum redemption amount. You can redeem any amount at any time. The card further has a reasonably low bonus requirement of $500, which means that you are not pressured to overspend to earn the sign-up bonus.
- $150 sign-up cash bonus
- Unlimited 1.5-percent cash back
- Cashback does not expire
- No limit on the givebacks you can earn
- Friendly system for earning and using rewards
- Cash sign-up bonus that you can trigger with grocery shopping
- Reasonable qualification requirements
- The card does not have bonus rewards categories
4. Platinum by American Express Review
The credit card by America Express is a first-rate no foreign transaction fee credit card with amazing luxury perks. The credit card was the sole premium option available on the market for a long time. However, in spite of other competitors entering the luxury-card category, the card still stacks well against the best. The card offers many benefits that include lounge access, access to Fine Hotels and Resorts (FHR) program, Hilton and Marriott status, and shopping protections.
- Annual $200 statement credits on incidental fees
- $100 Saks credit
- $100 or $85 fee credit for TSA PreCheck
- Uber VIP status
- Access to Amex Fine Hotels and Resorts
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
- Fantastic 5x bonus points on airfare and prepaid hotels
- Flexible ways to redeem points with instant transfers
- Big sign-up bonus
- Amazing annual credits of up to $500 with the Amex platinum
- The annual fee of $550 is too high for most people
5. Capital One Savor Credit Card Review
The Savor Credit Card by Capital One is one of the best no foreign transaction fee credit cards option for you if you are looking for a card offering greater rewards that require a minimal amount of time in maximizing redemption. The card lets you enjoy unlimited cash back of up to 4 percent on dining activities and entertainment events. You further get 2-percent money back on your groceries and a 1 percent rate on every other purchase. With one of the highest cashback on dining and entertainment, the Savor credit card is by miles one of the top transaction cards without a foreign fee for people looking to maximize their cash back.
- $300 sign-up bonus
- Cashback of 4-percent on dining and entertainment
- No foreign transaction fee
- No minimum redemption value
- Rewards do not expire
6. Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
When it comes to credit category for small businesses, the Ink Business Preferred Credit Card sets the standards. The card offers an amazing sign-up bonus of up to 80,000 bonus points upon the expenditure of $5000 in the first three months. It provides an ongoing reward of three points for each dollar spent on the opening $150,000 budget.
- 80,000 sign-up bonus points
- 3 points per $1 for the first $150,000
- No international transaction fees
- Exceptional welcome bonus
- Huge givebacks in everyday spending
- It offers travel protections
- Offers purchase protections
- Cell phone damage or theft coverage
- Offers free employee cards
- Has an annual fee
- Does not have an introductory 0-percent APR period
7. Deserve Edu Mastercard for Students Credit Card
The Edu Mastercard is an exciting product that helps students to earn cashback on their purchases. The card allows students to establish credit while earning back cash as a reward. The credit card does not have a yearly fee, which makes it ideal for students looking to maximize their budget. The credit card comes with many benefits that include extended warranty coverage, price protection, and car rental collision waivers.
- No annual fee
- $5000 credit limit
- Cashback of 1-percent on all purchases
- $30 referral bonus
- First late fee is waived
- Students can earn referral bonuses
- It does not require a social security number
- It is cost-friendly for students
- Social Security Number is not always needed to apply
- It does not offer cash advances
8. Premium Rewards by the Bank of America
The Premium Rewards card is an attractive option credit card for novices and points chasing individuals. It is a stress-free travel card that offers 1 cent apiece on all purchases. You do not have to worry about maximizing rewards, which can be frustrating and time-consuming. The premium rewards card lets you redeem points for any purchase.
- $100 airline accidental credit
- Global entry
- $5,000 trip reimbursement
- 50,000 points
- Offers airline accidental credit
- Gives access to global entry
- Offers trip insurance
- It has baggage delay/loss insurance
- It offers purchase protection
- It has an annual fee
9. United Explorer Card
The United Explorer card is a value-packed US bank credit card no foreign transaction fee option that offers premium perks that easily justify its affordable annual fee. The credit card is more of an entry card, but with exceptional benefits. The card offers you an incredible welcome bonus worth $845 as per TPG valuations. The card also gives you access to premium perks that include Global entry, annual lounge visits, and travel protections, among others.
- $845 value welcome bonus
- $10,000 per item purchase protection
- $500 trip delay protection per head
- Premier qualifying points
- Huge welcome bonus
- Premium benefits at an entry cost
- Offers exceptional purchase protection and extended warranty protection
- Saves you an annual fee on the first year
- Its benefits are limited for big spenders
- MileagePlus miles redemption is limited
10. Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
If you are a Marriott loyalist, you will love the Bonvoy Boundless Credit card exceptional 6X points reward on eligible Marriot purchases. The card further offers higher 2X points on your everyday spending, which is higher than most cards. The Boundless card gives you access to precious anniversary free-night certificates worth 35,000 points. You can even take advantage of the massive 100,000-point welcome bonus.
- 100,000 points limited welcome bonus
- 35,000-points free night
- 15 Elite night credits annually
- Automatic Silver elite status
- Huge points reward
- Massive welcome bonus
- Bonus restrictions
- Annual fee
4 Good Factors to Consider Before You Choose a Credit Card for International Travels
Will the card work abroad?
Before you apply for any credit card for abroad trips, you should make sure that it is widely accepted in your destination. Visa and Mastercards are commonly used globally, but if you are considering another provider, you should carry out research first.
How much is the transaction fee?
It is economical to choose among the best no foreign transaction fee credit cards. International transaction fees can be as high as 3-percent, which can cost you a lot when making multiple purchases. A US bank credit card no foreign transaction fee feature lets you use the card freely without worrying about the number of times you make a purchase.
Does it offer insurance?
It is beneficial to choose a credit card with travel insurance as it saves you from buying a personal travel cover. It protects you against the uncertainties that can occur during travel like air fright delay and cancellation.
What does the card offer?
Credit cards provide various unique features to attract individuals. You should always choose the card that gives you a higher return on your investments. Special offers like welcome bonuses, purchase reward points, and access to freebies can help you save a lot during your travel. However, it is essential to ensure that the benefits are reasonably within your spending power.
Wrap Up The Bottom
Every credit card in this guide is unique, but you can be sure they all do not charge a foreign transaction fee. They are some of the most excellent foreign transaction credit cards in their category with amazing benefits and features. With our review and a buying guide, we believe that you will choose a card that works for you.