Cell phone without internet capability are referred as traditional no modern types of phones. Also known as basic phones, these devices were made with fewer features compared to smart phones. I mean, basic phone have simple and basic technology that allows calls and text messages only. these phones have no additional features like cameras, music, social media apps and internet capability. As a result, finding these type phones in the market today might be difficult.
Use of internet in phones boomed in late 90s. Ever since, its use and impact on users have greatly increased. Undisputable, internet has several benefits and positive effects on users. However, if misused, it has a lot of negative impacts as well. For those reasons, we are here to help you understand reasons that would compel you to choose cell phone without internet capability.
Importance of Cell Phone Without Internet Capability
- These phones are better for children. Regardless of the age, everyone deserves a cellphone for seeking help and communication purpose. In pursuit of this, several parents give smartphones to their children exposing them to dirty and influential activities. Therefore, parents should give their children cell phone without internet capability for calls and text services only.
- Choosing cell phone without internet capability helps you to save on cost. Use of internet is obviously expensive. Several cellphone providers offer cheap and affordable basic phone plans with text and call minute services only. That means, you exclude data plans which are always expensive.
- These phones are better seniors. Giving your grandmother a complicated phone is straining and making life hard for her. She needs a simple phone with fewer features for easy and quick communication during emergency. As a result, a cell phone without internet capability is the best gift you would present to her. It is cheap, affordable and easy to use.
- Do you live in remote areas with no access to electricity? Cell phone without internet capability is the best to choose. These phones have little uses since they are simply modified for calls and texts only. This guarantees a long life battery.
- Last but not least, cell phone with no internet capability are important because they are less delicate and prone to damage or breakage. That means, they saves on damage and repair cost. They are also cheap and affordable to acquire.
The 10 Best Cell Phone Without Internet Capability
There are several cell phone without internet capability that still exist in the market up to date. How do you know the best to choose? First, determine whether it is compatible to your respective carrier’s network. Here are the top best phones to consider;
1. Kyocera Dura XV LTE
It is a super amazing flip phone that operates under CDMA Verizon network. It is one of the best and durable phones without internet access, made of solid-rock materials saving you the cost of repair or phone replacement. It has an OLED display flip screen displaying relevant information like time and status.
The phone has brightly lit and large keys at the bottom of the flip for texting and call dialing. It has top quality and audible speakers, with removable rubber plugs on its pores making it waterproof.
- It is rigid, durable and less prone to damage.
- It is waterproof.
- It has flexible settings to block and unblock internet as per your convenience.
- It is quite expensive than most basic phones.
- In some cases, it has low and poor signal strength.
2. ZTE Altair 2 (Z432) Phone
This is another great choice for users who don’t need internet in their phones. Registered under AT & T network, this great phone has a long life 1000 mAh battery that can last for 5 to 7 days without recharge. It favors photo lovers because of its 1600×1200 pixels camera that captures quality images and videos for memories. Besides, it has a reasonable 256 MBs internal memory for sufficient storage. Additionally, it has memory card slot for additional storage space that can be extended up to 32GB.
It is also an ideal phone for music lovers as it supports audio music play with sufficient memory for music storage. It has perfect headphone jack pin, 2.4 inch TFT display and V2.1 Bluetooth connectivity.
- It has a reasonable internal and extendable memory.
- It offers great MMS and SMS services.
- It has music and recording features.
- It has durable battery.
- Its camera does not provide the best images.
3. Blue Tank II T193
Blue tank II T193 is an unlocked cellphone that suits to reward your child or senior for communication purposes. It has no internet capability allowing only text and call services.
The phone boasts of a 1900 mAh Li-po battery, FM radio frequency, MP4 video player and MP3 music player. It has dual SIM card slot, 2.4 inch TFT screen, and 640 × 840 pixels cameras with quality images and videos with flash light.
The phone is designed to understand three dialects: Portuguese, English and French. It is powered by android OS and V3.0 Bluetooth connectivity.
- It is an unlocked phone that doesn’t limit you on the carrier to choose.
- It is cheap to acquire and simple to use.
- It has powerful and audible speakers.
- It can stand any weather and climate condition.
- It limits only three dialects.
4. Nokia 3310
Nokia 3310 is also one of the best cell phone for seniors with no internet capability but rather talk an text capability. It is unlocked, 3 G enabled and comes with variety of amazing beautiful colors to choose.
It has a well-lit 2.4 inch display screen, bluetooth connectivity, FM radio and Mp3 music player. Not to forget, it has 2MP rear camera, simple calculator, calendar and an interesting game sector for fun.
- It has a wide range of colors to choose from.
- It is cheap, affordable and easy to use.
- It has music and games for fun.
- It has no micro SD slot.
5. Samsung Convoy 3
Samsung convoy 3 is another great phone for users who don’t need internet. From the great Verizon Company, this phone operates under android OS. It has amazing features that enables it to stand out in the market.
Firstly, it has an easy- to- use keys that allow phone call just by a single button dial. Its keys are also perfect for typing messages without strain. It is build with 512 MBs internal storage with an extendable micro SD slot. It also has a 3.2 pixels camera for clear images and videos.
The phone is designed to stand diverse whether conditions. It has a special military specs that enables it to handle extreme hot temperatures, moisture, shock and dust without destroying its system. For same reasons, it has a long life battery that can last up to seven days without recharge.
- It is designed to stand any weather condition or physical strain.
- It has amazing keys for easy texting and dialing.
- It has an extendable memory for sufficient storage.
- It has noise cancellation technology for diluting surrounding noise.
- This phone has no room for new users.
6. Jitterbug Flip Phone
Are you looking for reliable phone without internet access? Jitterbug is another reliable phone to consider. It is an amazing flip- phone that works perfectly under Verizon network. The phone boasts of large key buttons for dialing. It also has large letters and numbers for easy texting. Additionally, it has a well-lit 3.2 inch TFT screen for quality display.
Specially designed for seniors and hearing impaired users, this phone has unique emergency button to seek immediate help. It is light and easy portable weighing only 4.7 ounces and 0.7 inches thickness. It has other additional features like 2 MP camera, MT4/T4 hearing aid rating, loud and clear loudspeaker and a long life battery that can last 8 hours when fully charged.
- It is cheap, affordable and easy to use.
- It has a notification screen display even when you flip off your device.
- It has large keys and well lit display.
- It has unique emergency buttons.
- It is an ideal phone for seniors and hearing impaired users.
- Its storage capacity is quite low.
7. Nokia 8110
Mostly available in a brilliant yellow color, this is one of the best phones to give your child for communication. It has no internet capability, hence, safe for use. It boasts of dual core CPU, 4 GB ROM, 512 MB RAM and an extendable 64 GB micro SD slot.
It also has 2MP camera with LED flash for clear images, 2.45 inch TFT screen, and long life mAh battery. When bought, this phone is packed along with extra content like charger, headset and a quick guidebook.
- It has LED boosted camera for quality images and videos.
- It has long life battery that last for a week without recharge.
- It has extendable memory card slot.
- It is cheap and available in a unique amazing yellow color.
- It is not unlocked. That means, it limits you to only few carriers, exempting you from getting services from carriers like Verizon, sprint and T- mobile.
8. LG 450 Phone
From the great LG Company, this phone compacts well with T-Mobile network. Available in black and dark silver, it has a flip design with inner and outer display to get notifications even when flipped off. It has 1.3 MP back camera, 256 MB ROM and 128 MB RAM.
In addition, it has bright 64 X 96 resolution displays suitable for users with strained eyesight. Its processing speed is moderately high with quality calls, MMS and SMS services. It has long life 950 mAh battery, quality voice commands, Mp3 and Mp4 video player.
- It supports both music and video player.
- It is cheap and easily available in several stores.
- It has a high quality voice command and a fast processing speed.
- Its display is bright and suitable for strained eyesight users.
- Its battery is relatively lower than other phones.
- It lacks an extendable memory card slot.
9. Plum Ram 7
This is a 3G unlocked internet free phone with reliable features for seniors, military personnel or any other user who needs an internet free phone. Plum was released in the year 2016 and weighs only 107 grams making it convenient to carry around.
It is highly dust and water proof with 2.4 inch TFT display, 128 MB internal memory and 64 GB RAM. It also has an extendable 32 GB micro SD slot with two cameras: 5 MP rears and 1.3 MP front cameras. It has 3.0 Bluetooth connectivity and 1700 mAh long life battery.
- It is highly waterproof.
- It has an extendable micro SD card and Bluetooth connectivity.
- It has a long life battery.
- It has a reliable sound system.
- It lacks GPU.
- It delays to navigate through the settings.
10. Alcatel Cingular Flip 2 Cellphone
This is a Multilanguage internet free phone that operates under nucleus operating system and comes with clear loudspeakers for quality calls. It has large keypads with large fitted numbers and letters designed for seniors with poor eyesight. It also has clear loudspeakers and strong LED flashlight for dark environments. Additionally, it has 1400 mAh lasting battery, FM radio frequency, clear camera, 4GB internal memory and extended 32 GB micro SD slot.
It is built with HD clear voice calls with high technology to reduce background noise. It has compatible flip design that saves battery when flipped off. Not to forget, this cell phone has adjustable settings to block and unblock internet capability as per your convenience.
- It is a Multilanguage phone.
- It has adjustable settings to block and unblock internet access.
- It has an extendable micro SD slot.
How To Get Cell Phone Without Internet Capability
In this generation, finding a cell phone with no internet capability is almost impossible. Are you finding it hard to get cell phone without internet? Follow these techniques:
Search For Older Phones
Older phones were designed with less technology compared to modern phones. These phones have fewer features that enable calls and text services only. That means they have no internet access neither do they have complicated features. To find these phones, browse online sites for more details.
Search For Phones With Internet Blocking Settings
If unable to get cell phone with no internet capability, consider carriers that provide phones with blocking settings. These settings enable you to deactivate internet from your phone, leaving it internet free.
Opt Out Data From Your Phone
To obtain cell phone with no internet capability, you can request your phone carrier to permanently exclude data from your monthly expenses. This leaves your phone unable to connect to internet.
Look For Cheaper Phones
More often, cheaper phones have no ability to connect to internet. Expensive phones are made of improved technology making it easily accessible to internet. Contrary, cheaper phones have less improved technology and fewer features making it suitable for calls and texts only.
Apply For Free Government Cell phone
The government provides free cellphone to low income citizens through a program known as lifeline. At first, lifeline provided simple cellphones with less complicated features for calling and texting purposes. Things are now different because lifeline upgraded their phones to modern updated phones. However, you can still get older cell phone without internet capability from lifeline. This is possible through sending an application form and state that you need free cell phone with no internet capability.
Get Your Phone From A Retailer
Several carriers and manufacturers provide their brands to retailers for sale? Are you desperately looking for a cell phone with no internet capability? Then visit a retailer and present your interest. This will help you find the phone at ease.
How To Deactivate Internet Access From Smartphone
Rather than going through difficult moments to attain a cell phone with no internet capability, you can purchase a smartphone and deactivate internet access through the following ways;
- Turn Wi-Fi off : You can deactivate internet from your phone through turning Wi-Fi off. Turning WI-FI off from your phone depends on the model of your phone. Therefore, you should consult your phones carrier manually for guidance on how to turn Wi-Fi off from your phone.
- Turn Data off : Turning data off is another simple way to deactivate internet access from smartphone. Smartphones have settings that allow you to turn data on and off. You just need to open your phone’s setting and turn data off. That way, you can temporally deactivated internet access from smartphone.
Cell phone without internet capability is the ideal phone for seniors, precisely above 65 years. This is because they are less complicated and easy to use. They are also best for children to protect them from accessing unwanted content online. Unemployed or low income consumers should also consider these phones to help them reduce monthly phone expenses.