Cell phones are increasingly becoming a part and extension of human bodies, functioning as computers, cameras, alarm clocks, game systems, watches and much more. In the current era, it is virtually impossible to accomplish anything meaningful without a mobile phone. The urgency of owning a phone makes it difficult for those with little financial power and/or poor credit. Most phone providers insist on running a credit check for potential customers before approving their contracts. However, it is still possible to acquire cell phones with no credit check no deposit.
Free cell phones do not literally mean cell phones offered at $0 cost. Free cell phones are mobile phones that interested buyers can own without requiring credit checks or making down payments. Most companies justify the need for making credit checks being that the company wants to be certain that interested owners will make timely monthly payments according to the contract. Most carriers have this measure to avoid racking up huge bills to clients who end up without paying them.
With free phones, you can acquire a cell phone without paying any down payment or caring about your credit score. This innovative marketing strategy suits cell phone providers who want to dispose of their cell phones to the masses. It also suits individuals who are in real need of a phone but are on a tight budget. Most people label free cell phone no money down no credit check as low-level but are still competitive and offer amazing features, including Bluetooth and data connectivity, phone accessories among others.
Top 10 Best Free Cell Phones With No Credit Check No Deposit
1. HTC One M8 for Windows
The HTC One for Windows undeniably brings forth the latest trends in modern cell phone devices, which brings lots of enjoyment and satisfaction to individuals looking for cell phones with no credit check no deposit. The majority of those who choose this phone attribute their choice to the phone’s physical appearance. The phone comes with a sophisticated and unique design.
Features of HTC One for Windows
- Design – the phone’s design is perhaps an outstanding feature. At a glance, it has almost similar features with the original model. However, it comes with an enticing style, including a metal body that provides the cell phone with durable protection.
- Excellent display – the HTC One for Windows comes with a 5-inch high-quality display. Despite not providing AMOLED display or total vibrancy, it is great and reliable.
- Other components – the phone comes with almost similar hardware and specifications as the original model. It comes with several applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Skype, Xbox and more. It uses both Android and iOS operating systems.
2. Samsung Galaxy Alpha
The Samsung Galaxy Alpha is a great choice of free cell phone for any Samsung fan. The phone was released in 2014 after the manufacturers noted an increase in the number of Samsung mobile phone users.
Features of Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Elegant design – the Samsung Galaxy Alpha’s elegant design makes a clear impression. The phone comes with a sleek metal bezel that makes it slim yet durable.
- Amazing display – The crisp 4.7” display comes with multiple colors with dark shadows and fast response times that offers an incredible viewing experience.
- High-quality camera – Users can capture great moments using the phone’s 12MP ultra HD camera. This gives details for every occasion. The camera comes with a select focus feature that enables users to select elements to focus on, what to blur, and much more.
- Health benefits – the phone comes with a built-in heart rate monitor and S Health app that makes it easy to track individual health and fitness. The S app provides the necessary nutritional information while the pedometer tracks the user’s steps and calories burnt.
- Easy unlock – with the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, you don’t have to worry about forgetting your password. You can easily unlock the phone using a fingerprint scanner.
- Power saving – the ultra-power saving mode enables the phone to run even when the battery is crucially low. The feature turns the phone screen into black and white and shuts off unnecessary applications.
3. LG G2
The LG G2 is yet another great free phone of choice for many. The phone came into the market in early 2013, but it still provides great performance and efficiency. Confirming this is the fact that the phone was the Time Editors Best Smartphone in the year 2014. Those who used the model afterward claim that it was built with six months ahead of its performance. The phone comes with Android V4.2.2 JellyBean, 32GB internal memory, and 13 MP camera.
Features of LG G2
- Convenient use – the phone comes with easy to use control keys and power buttons.
- Impressive hardware – the phone comes with a fast 2.26GHz quad-core processor with Qualcomm MSM8974 chipset. This makes the phone considerably low powered.
- Connectivity – you can rely on the LG G2 for all kinds of connectivity. The phone has WIFI, Bluetooth, 4G LTE, and NFC connectivity.
4. Amazon Fire Phone
Another excellent free phone to consider when searching for the best cell phones with no credit check no deposit is the Amazon Fire Phone. This is a competitive phone sold by Amazon, which is the leading online shop globally. This makes it easy for interested individuals to get the phone after placing an order. Despite that it didn’t beat other best smartphones in the world, the Amazon Fire Phone maintains its prominence and popularity in the cell phone sphere.
Features of Amazon Fire Phone
- Unique design – the phone comes with a unique design that makes it a good choice. The front and back modern glass design has soft plastics on the edges, further adding to its attractive design.
- Great display – the phone comes with a 720 x 1280-display resolution. Though not the trendiest display, the overall display is greater than average and good for its price.
- Additional features – the phone comes with a 64GB internal memory, 2GB RAM, 2.2GHz quad-core processor, and 13MP camera with LED flash, HDR, and optical image stabilization.
5. iPhone 5C
The launch of the iPhone 5C brought a lot of relief to Apple fans. This is due to its affordable price compared to other iPhone smartphones. Well, though not the cheapest smartphone you can get for free, it is definitely worth considering, especially if you are an Apple smartphone enthusiast.
Features of iPhone 5C
- The phone features a metal body that captures the attention of smartphone users instantly, especially those who like modern and sleek phones.
- The phone comes in various colors, including white, yellow, green, pink, and blue.
- Though quite small, the phone comes with an impressive design.
- Like the iPhone 5S and other siblings, iPhone 5C comes with high-quality front and rear cameras. The back camera has 8 megapixels with 1080p resolution while the front is of 1.2MP with 720p resolution.
6. Motorola Droid Maxx
The Motorola Droid Maxx is another excellent free phone of choice for those who want a cell phones without a credit check and no deposit. The phone was initially released in 2013 and came with great competency compared to other models in this list.
Features of Motorola Droid Maxx
- Performance – the Motorola Droid Maxx’s performance makes it an excellent choice. It comes with amazing connectivity options, great computing, good display, and operating system. It has a 32GB internal storage, which is a plus for a free phone.
- Efficiency – the phone’s Snapdragon 600 configuration feature is considered one of the best in the market currently. This makes this model efficient, especially for those who want to run multiple applications simultaneously.
- Quality build – Motorola is a well-known company for its quality smartphones. All Motorola phone models are nothing less of good quality design and construction, and the Motorola Droid Maxx is no exception. You will also enjoy the touchless controls that suit modern smartphone trends.
7. LG Lucid 3
If you are looking for an affordable free phone, the LG Lucid 3 should be your smartphone of choice. The smartphone is a fast and very consistent model with 4G LTE, among other features.
Features of LG Lucid 3
- Design and make – the LG Lucid 3 is a moderate yet compact phone, thanks to its great looking thin frames. The top and bottom edges are quite archived with softly curved corners. It also weighs only 4.37 ounces, making it very lightweight.
- Convenient – the phone features conveniently placed buttons and connectivity ports that make it easy to use.
- Multiple apps – if you want a phone that can help you in various situations, the LG Lucid 3 is a good choice. The phone comes with several already-installed applications and many more in the Google play store. Among them include music, movies, newsstands, and more.
8. Motorola Droid Mini
The Motorola Droid Mini is another simple and easy to use Android smartphone. It makes a great affordable smartphone of choice for those on a low budget but needs a quality phone with all the basic features.
Features of Motorola Droid Mini
- Compact and sleek design – like other Motorola smartphones, the Motorola Droid Mini comes with an overly compact and sleek design. This makes it easy to carry around and fits the users’ hands comfortably. It is also solid enough to handle tough misuse.
- The phone’s seamless design is reinforced with the Kevlar fiber and protected by the scratch-resistant Gorilla glass.
- The Motorola Droid Mini has an edge-to-edge 4.3-inch display with ultra-fast connectivity with up to 4G LTE network.
- It comes with a DROID command center, a home screen widget that enables users to access notifications of text messages, battery level, missed calls, and weather instantly.
9. LG G Flex
The LG G Flex is another impressive free phone that came into the market in 2014. The phone comes with a 6-inch display and excellent effects. Though not a high-end smartphone, it is considered a smart choice due to its self-healing properties. The phone works with 2G, GSM, and 4G LTE networks. It runs on Android 5.1 lollipop and Qualcomm chipset.
Features of LG G Flex
- Self-healing capacity – this is probably the strongest and most sought-after feature of this phone. Manufacturers took 5 years developing this feature. That aside, the hydrogen finish allows the phone to heal by itself after physical damages, scratching accidents, and other forms of misuse.
- Basic features – the phone comes with a high-powered 2.2GHz quad-core processor, 2GB RAM, and 32GB internal storage. It also comes with a powerful 13MP rear and 2.1 MP front camera for selfies.
10. Blackberry Z10
The Blackberry brand of cell phones is not new to the market and has gained immense public confidence since its initial inception. However, the brand was a late bloomer as far as innovation is concerned, but the launch of Blackberry Z10 contributed to the increasing evolution of the mobile device.
Features of Blackberry Z10
- Impressive design – the introduction of this model came with an impressive design, especially since this model came as a surprise after some calm period from the manufacturers. Upon opening the box, you will appreciate the phone’s great design. It has a professional look, probably considered a business type of phone.
- Basic features – despite the large size, the Blackberry Z10 never fails when it comes to the basics. The model comes with an accessible battery, meaning that users can change it in case of damages. You can also easily access the MicroSD and micro SIM ports.
- Great resolution – the phone comes with an impressive 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. This ascertains the accuracy, easy to view angle, and an overly realistic display.
Do You Know Your Credit Score?
The first step when applying for a free phone, regardless if it requires a credit check or doesn’t require, is to find out your credit score. You might realize that your credit score is above average and can qualify for better deals. The score might not just be enough to enable you to qualify for no credit check phone plans but also enable you to acquire a phone without security deposits. If you have an average rating but get accepted for a cell phone contract, take this golden opportunity to improve your score by making timely payments.
Cell phone customers should not blame the carriers for necessitating a credit check at all. This is because, for such contracts, you will be getting the latest cell phone without a security deposit. The monthly installments will cumulatively amount to the total cost of the phone. Simply put, you will be buying the phone in a hire purchase contract, which is more or less like a loan. This is why credit checks are necessary.
The best way to get a cell phone with no credit check and no security deposit is by joining a family plan. This mostly applies to individuals with bad credit scores. Most carriers and cell phones providers offer free cell phone family plans, allowing users to have up to 10 lines on one plan. However, the account holder of the family plan should pass a credit check for the service to be established, but the additional lines may not. The account holder will be responsible for making monthly payments for all the lines, thus ensure that you don’t miss the payments.
The Bottom Line
Customers who need free cell phones with no credit checks won’t definitely want a credit check to be done on their accounts. This is because a hard inquiry will affect the credit score further, leaving their ratings in a bad state than before. Besides, no cell provider can approve inquiries with bad ratings. Nonetheless, they can still qualify for free cell phones with no credit check and no initial deposit.
If you fall in this fold, you can get one of the above-mentioned phones by joining a family plan, getting a co-signer for your contract, or using another person’s account as an authorized user. If the three methods above fail, you should consider improving your credit score or consider paying some amount as a security deposit.