Everybody needs some connection, be it through calls, texts, or internet app chats. This is especially true for old adults, more if they are retired and live alone. Well, that said, Consumer Cellular is well known for its no-frills phone plans that suit the seniors citizen who don’t use their phones often.
This program offers low-cost calling and low-data cell phone plans that are perfect for those using their phones for calls and data rarely. Consumer cellular phones and plans are not a good option for those looking for standard unlimited talk plans and text plans. There are various consumer cellular plans available. A careful study on each is key to finding one that perfectly suits your senior person. Outlined below is a guide detailing some of the best consumer cellular plans and phones available that are compatible for seniors.
How Much Is Consumer Cellular A Month?
As mentioned, consumer cellular plans are very affordable. Plans either are split as voice-only talk plans or connect plans that have data packages coupled with unlimited text messages. Users have a choice of combining the minutes allotment and data to suit individual users. To get your monthly cost, you should simply add the individual prices together. Besides, if you need a second line, you can add it to your plan affordably. That said, below are some of the consumer cellular plans available for all options.
Consumer Cellular Plans For Seniors
|Data plan 250 MB||$5|
|Data plan 2 GB||$10|
|Data plan 5 GB||$20|
|Data plan 10 GB||$30|
|Data plan 20 GB||$40|
All plans that are provided by consumer cellular services don’t have contracts. They also have additional calling features that make it easier to make calls. Among them, include:
- Call waiting
- Caller ID
- Call forwarding when busy
- Voicemail feature
- International direct call dials
- Up to three-way conference calls
Besides, there are no average fees in case a customer surpasses the allotted plan. Consumer cellular automatically upgrades the user to the next plan to cover the overused bundle. Additionally, the company has an understanding of the AARP – American Association for Retired Persons. With this arrangement, all retired and AARP members get to enjoy exclusive discounts from the company. Some of the discounts include:
- 5% off their monthly fees and usage charges
- 30% waiver on select accessories
- 45 days risk-free money-back guarantee on their products
Though not specific offer to seniors, consumer cellular has a referral program that can save on your monthly expenditure. For every customer who refers a friend, signs up and uses the service, they receive a one-time $10 credit. Customers can use this referral reward for an unlimited number of times.
What Kind Of Consumer Cellular Phones are Best For Seniors?
With all these affordable pricing, you must be definitely wondering what phones are compatible with consumer cellular service. Well, from the Consumer Cellular official website, there is a range of high-priced and modern smartphones to flip phones that perfectly suit seniors who don’t need a lot of complications in their devices.
For prospects who would like to use the consumer cellular bring your own phone option, it is important to look out for the smartphones that are compatible with consumer cellular service. The website has approximately 21 services. Just to mention, some of the best option phones include:
Consumer Cellular Smartphones For Seniors
If flip phones are not a favorite for your senior, the latest state-of-art smartphone technology can be a good choice. Consumer cellular smartphones have the latest features, including HD video and photos, fast processing speeds, several apps, internet, and social media access.
Some of the best smartphones available from the website include;
1. Motorola E5 Play
The Motorola E5 Play is an upcoming decent smartphone available at an affordable price. It is a perfect choice for seniors who can afford to compromise on camera and long battery life but need a touch of technology. Retailing at under $100, this is probably among the few best cheap smartphones with modest, low-spec processors and removable plastic shell.
Features of Motorola E5 Play
- Design: The Motorola E5 Play smartphone takes users back to the times when phone manufacturers had no worries about the materials and bezels used. Handsets are thick, black slabs that are encased in plastic and easy to handle. The E5 comes with a 5.2-inch screen display which can be debatably smaller compared to modern devices but roomy for the majority of seniors. Like other modern phones, the Motorola E5 Play comes with a fingerprint sensor at the back, which is a welcome feature for this inexpensive handset. The phone’s overall size is comfortable to keep in hand, and the finely textured backplate provides enough grip to prevent slipping. Motorola E5 Play is not fully certified as water-resistant but comes with water repellent coating that can help prevent rain and small water spills. It also comes with a headphone jack and charges through micro-USB port like other handsets.
- Battery Life: The Motorola E5 Play comes with a 2800-mAh battery that is generous for any modern form of this budget. The battery lasts for approximately 9 hours with continuous use. It is also removable thus providing more charging options apart from the micro-USB port. The only limitation is only that it doesn’t fast-charge like other modern smartphones.
- Reliable fingerprint sensor
- Affordable pricing
- Good performance for a budget phone
- Removable battery
- Blurry cameras
- Low-resolution display
2. iPhone 8 Plus
The iPhone 8 Plus is among the latest generation of iPhone that comes with several intriguing features. It is designed with durable glass with a strong aerospace aluminum band. It also charges wirelessly, resists dust and water, and other exceptional features make it stand out. The phone comes with record-breaking speed and Samsung surpassing cameras.
Features of iPhone 8 Plus
- Design: Everybody is certainly torn by the appearance of new iPhones. To begin, the back glass covering is overly elegant and less slippery. It is also built stronger and holds on longer, thanks to the durable glass cover. The unit is quite big but handy enough to be used with both hands. It is quite heavy and thicker compared to the iPhone 7 and other initial models. The extra girth is probably from the reinforced glass back and wireless charging capabilities.
- Durability: Seniors are quite flimsy when it comes to handling phones. If you are getting a model for your senior, or just looking to enjoy the affordable consumer cellular services using this phone, you can rest assured of its durability. Those who have used it attest that the phone can survive several drops from 6 feet heights.
- Performance: The iPhone 8 Plus smokes all the smartphones in the market with its A11 Bionic processor. The processor is a six-core CPU is made up of two performance cores that promise more than 25% boost in the overall performance and four high-efficiency cores promising 70% improvement.
- Camera: This phone comes with a 12-MP camera that takes some of the best photos ever. iPhone 8 Plus takes natural looking colored photos in both high and low light conditions.
- Fast and reliable processor
- High-quality photos
- Overly durable
- Quite pricey
- Not a good choice for seniors
Best Consumer Cellular Flip Phones For Seniors
If you are looking for reliable, easy to use, and affordable cell phone for texts and calls, flip phones are a good choice. Flip phones make it easy to stay connected on the go, supports text messages, web data, and compatible with hearing aids. It also comes with an emergency button that makes it easy to call important contacts. Large and raised buttons make it easier to dial these phones.
Adding to its ease of use for seniors are easy to read menus with enhanced hearing compatibility. Other basic features include external caller ID display, camera, and video capabilities, and much more. Some of the available flip phones include:
1. Doro 7050
The Doro 7050 is among the best flip phones that offer a simple and reliable way to remain connected with your seniors and loved ones. The phone comes with a simple to use details that won’t make it daunting for seniors to make calls, text, or capture interesting memories with its camera.
Features of Doro 7050
- Average 2.8” display screen that is easy to read
- External display screen for additional display
- Useful assistance button
- High contrast and large keys
- 0 MP camera featuring an in-built flash
- Audio and video recording abilities
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Easy to carry
- Quite pricey for a flip phone
2. Alcatel Go Flip
The Alcatel Go Flip is a good classic flip phone for convenience. It offers an economical and handy way to stay connected anywhere. The large buttons make it simple for seniors to call and text. The external display allows users to see who is calling without opening the phone.
Features Of Alcatel Go Flip
- Large and easy to use, thanks to the 12-key keypad
- Has a bright and colorful display screen
- 0MP digital camera has 6X digital zoom
- Calendar, contacts, Bluetooth and FM radio ability
- Long-lasting battery
- Comfortable to use
- Lacks hearing aid compatibility
Does Consumer Cellular Have Good Service?
Consumer cellular, as described, is a small and no-contract phone provider offering low-cost cell phone plans. The plans, including calls and data, can be customized to suit individual needs. Consumer cellular is dedicated to meet the needs of seniors with talk time, data, and cell phones too. However, is Consumer Cellular a good service? The answer to this comes down to examining individual features of this company plans.
Unlike other companies that have strict contracts, Consumer cellular offers straightforward benefits to individuals without pinning them down to their services. There are no-contract talk and data plans. Besides, users can add new phone numbers to their plans for only $15 if they want to share their text, data, or minutes.
There are no additional fees for switching plans if you need less or more services. This makes it a great and low-cost option for families who don’t use their phones often. Consumer cellular also offers 30 days guarantee for those who aren’t satisfied with their services.
This is probably among the key consideration for seniors who anticipate living their retirement life in the suburbs away from the city hassles. Consumer Cellular Cell phone plans should have wide coverage to make the connection better. Well, the Consumer Cellular service reach is nationwide. However, like other networks, it has a few patches in the Midwest. The company uses various wireless networks that vary depending on specific geographic areas.
Based on individual plan preference and mobile choice, consumer cellular offers a plethora of mobile device options. Consumer Cellular Company offers several mobile phone options, including flip phones and smartphones. Customers also have an option of using their current mobile phones when signing up for new plans.
Easy Pay Services
Consumer Cellular features easy pay systems that make it easy for customers to make monthly payments. It does not charge additional fees and interest for this.
The Consumer Cellular app enables users to:
- Change their billing preference
- Pay monthly bills easily
- Chat with CC customer services easily
- View their AARP membership card
- Switch their monthly plan
Can I Buy A Phone From Consumer Cellular?
Absolutely yes! You can buy one of the phones from the various models available on the Consumer Cellular website. As outlined before, there are various smartphone and flip phone models that can be suitable based on individual choice. To get a good phone, begin the search by filtering through your needs. Consider the type of plans that will suit your cell phone needs and lastly, the budget.
The Bottom Line
Consumer Cellular phones are probably the best-prepaid service providers for customers in need of simplicity and the utmost flexibility in their plans. If you want a plan for talking, texting, and data, and provides an avenue for adding new lines without extra charges, it should be your plan of choice.
The only limitation is the limited data plans for those in need of huge amounts of browsing bundles. The plan is best for those who want good talk and text service with minimal data usage.