Plantar fasciitis is the name of a curse, only those are suffering would know the reason behind calling it’s a curse. No permanent treatment, no pain relief, difficult to maintain daily work routine, life feels like a hell for plantar fasciitis patients. Their pleasure is only upon a rapid relief from this stubborn persistent pain. Here we discussing how to heal plantar fasciitis quickly.
According to medical science, Plantar Fasciitis is an inflammatory thickening or degeneration of the plantar fascia, the most common reason to make your heels or bottom of feet hurt, it occurs due to continuous straining of the plantar fascia.
Plantar Fasciitis Causes
If you want to know how to heal plantar fasciitis quickly you should know the triggering causes of Plantar Fascia inflammation. The plantar fascia is a thick band of tissue that supports the natural arch of your foot. This fascia acts like a shock-absorbing spring provides gentle stretching & springing movement in between heals to five toes. The Problem occurs when the connecting fascia tears up.
Continuous overstretching & tearing results irritating the fascia & triggers heel spur. Young adults, who are on their feet for a long time, give stress on their heel or arch due to exercise purpose like long distance running, hiking or work purpose- such as teacher, workers, soldiers or cashiers suffer most from this disease. Genetically flat flooded or abnormal arch anatomy also triggers plantar fasciitis. By the way, access weight gain may also put extra stress on plantar fascia so extra weight risking to heel spur.
This plantar fasciitis is as common that a study has shown approximately 10 % American experiencing heel pain when they stand or walk. Generally, Plantar fasciitis is known as a heel spur, but this disease also can be addressed by some other terms like jogger’s heel, tennis heel, policeman’s heel, gonorrheal heel.
Plantar Fasciitis Symptoms
- The signature symptom you are having Plantar Fasciitis is your first steps of morning cause heel ache.
- Sharp & tearing heel pain on starting working but pain turns dull & achy with times.
- Foot & toes cramping
- Palpable lump near the heel of your feet
- Pain may occur on the heel or middle of the arch of the foot.
Apart from these symptoms, doctors will recommend some clinical examinations and tests to diagnose Plantar Fasciitis, Orthopedic surgeon or podiatrist starts to examine calves and feet, and gradually they push on the painful point of the heel. The doctor examines whether your arches are specifically high or your calves are tight.
13 Best Way To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly
Do you want to get a rapid relief? Some therapy is the best answer to heal plantar fasciitis quickly.
01. ‘Cold Therapy’ To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly
Cold therapy may include an Ice pack, ice bath or ice bottle. Ice targets on reducing inflammation & makes walking on your feet comfortable.
Ice Bath To Heal Plantar Fasciitis :
Pour ice water on a foot tub & simply roll one or both of your feet into it, keep there for 10 to 15 minutes. Between two sessions you can keep a distance of 45 minutes to one hour & can repeat the procedure once again.T his ice bath generally releases pain & swelling from your Plantar Fasciitis.
Ice Bottle To Heal Plantar Fasciitis :
Another way to use ice to release pain is using an ice bottle. Keep a water bottle in the freezer & wait till it is frozen. Now place the frozen bottle underneath your inflamed feet. Roll the bottle along the bottom of your heel. You can continue this process for three times a day.
If you don’t want ice bath or ice bottle, simply can use ice packs to heal Plantar Fasciitis quickly: Simply wrap a towel on an ice pack and place it on the bottom of your feet so; ice is not in direct contact with your skin, keep there for 15 to 20 minutes. It’s really going to help with cooling the plantar fasciitis by releasing pressure & inflammation.
Ice Pack Slippers to Heal Plantar Fasciitis :
Using ice pack slippers is another option to subside heel pain quickly. When you concern about the hazard of using ice as they may be drippy, messy or time consuming then slip on this budget-friendly ice pack slippers at anywhere home or office but they are not meant to walk. You need to use them when your feet are on resting position. This slipper mold the heel, the soft gel provides pleasant cooling sensation & release the pain. All you need to refrigerate it for 4 hours before using them as a cooling pack for plantar fasciitis.
02. Stretching To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly
Plantar Fasciitis causes stiffness of ankle, Achilles tendons & calf muscles. Stretching is the easiest & ready to go method to relax the fasciitis area. A good stretch will help to heal plantar fasciitis quickly. Stretching not only helps to get quick recovery from plantar fasciitis but regular & routine stretching also stimulates healing of Plantar Fasciitis. Some stretching methods to heal Plantar Fasciitis quickly are described in below.
Towel Stretching To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly :
- The signature plantar fasciitis sign is morning 1st step pain; so, when you hop out of bedsit straight by extending your legs & straightening your knees. Take a towel to place it circling the football except for toes
- Grab both towels ends & pull back towards you for 15 to 30 seconds, causes stretching of a foot.
- Repeat the towel stretching method for at least 5 times before mornings 1st step, to heal Plantar Fasciitis quickly.
Tennis Ball Stretching Method To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly:
Think you are in the middle of work but Plantar Fasciitis irritating you too badly it’s completely impossible to finish the job, then one easiest solution to heal plantar fasciitis quickly is tennis ball stretching method-
- Stop standing or walking, sit in a chair with straight back then place the tennis ball underneath of your foot.
- With gentle pressure move the ball forward & backward in between your arch & toes.
- Keep doing the rolling for 30 seconds for each foot.
- Repeat it 5 times a day.
Calves Stretching To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly :
If there are no ways to sit, then calves stretching is the way where you need to
- Stand facing a wall with keeping a few meters of distance (about arm’s length)
- Touch the wall with your hands
- Move left leg forward but don’t move the other leg, keep the right knee straight thus heel touches the floor.
- Keep the stretching position for 15 to 30 seconds & repeat the stretching for the other leg.
- Keep doing it for 5 times a day for better prognosis of your Plantar Fasciitis
Heel stretching to heal Plantar Fasciitis quickly :
Take a seat & remove your shoes. Place right foot over your left leg. Hold the toes of right foot & bend them backward, thus the bottom of right foot moves forward. Keep stretching for 10 seconds. Then change the foot & repeat the procedure for 5 to 10 times. This stretching is the simplest way to deal with “How to Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly”.
03. Orthotics of Plantar Fasciitis
Physical therapists also may order a Custom made heel or arch supporters known as orthotics for you. The orthotics help to distribute the weight pressure evenly thus heal the plantar fasciitis pain quickly.
Some other methods followed by therapists to subside your heel pain for a long time are a ball of foot massaging, Contrast Baths, Ultrasonography method.
Yes, it is possible to not show any progress rather taking of these bundles of therapies, but then your doctor will prescribe the more invasive surgical procedure to heal your plantar fasciitis pain quickly.
04. Lifestyle Modification & Self-Care To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly
- Rest to heal : Taking a rest from your daily work routine will definitely help to heal plantar fasciitis quickly. Start cutting back long jogging time or walking hour so, pressure tome on your heel will be reduced.
Comfortable Footwear: Comfortable shoes those support your heel & arch to distribute the body pressure evenly are recommended for plantar fasciitis patients. Wearing high heels may cause strain on the plantar fascia. So, wear semi heels or slippers to support your arch.
- Doctor recommended shoes for plantar fasciitis : An orthopedic surgeon has designed a comfortable pair of shoes named, The Healing Sole to treat Plantar Fasciitis patients. 80 % of Patients gave positive feedback after using heeling sole. It has good support & shock absorbing property that relaxes the strain from the affected area & also provides a gentle stretch on the plantar fascia.
- Lose weight to heal plantar fasciitis quickly : Are you overweight or obese? Then maintain a body weight according to BMI to treat plantar fasciitis.
- Change the exercise pattern: once you feel heel pain during exercising, then take rest for a few days and change exercise types to low impact sports like swimming, cycling or doing water aerobics.
Stop wearing worn out Athletic shoes: If you are a runner or regular jogger stop wearing the non-supporting, non-cushioned and worn out shoes.
Use toe separators to stretch the toes that also helps to align your foot & toes at any time you sitting or sleeping.Plantar fasciitis is the name of foot pain that makes you walk with a limp, cut down your ability to exercise or riding stairs, actually it causes a series of the problem that worsens your daily functional routine. Once you experience heel pain take professional’s suggestion & learn the above mentioned regular stretching or routine self-care strategies. These mentioned procedures are all about ‘how to heal Plantar Fasciitis quickly’. So, follow them carefully & return to your previous active life happily.
05. Sleeping Splints To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly
Night splints are a favorite choice by therapists that stretch your plantar fascia ligaments, Achilles tendons & calf muscles for an overnight while you are in asleep.
06. Shock Wave Plantar Fasciitis
Shock wave therapy is one of them here therapists provide sound wave shocks on painful plantar fascia so, nerves stops generating pain. This wave also stimulates healing by improving blood flow.
07. Tenex Fast Procedure
Tenex procedure is a minimally invasive treatment procedure where a small cut on the affected area is done and ultrasound is compulsory to remove the scar. You need only a time period of 10 days to restart the daily life lead routine.
08. Vacuum Cupping Method
Place a dry rubber cup on the injured heel & make a vacuum that produces negative pressure & helps with blood flow. It is as handy can carry easily to the office, home or shopping center.
09. Medications To Treat Plantar Fasciitis Quickly
Plantar fasciitis causes unbearable pain so some over the counter (OTC) drugs are a patient’s first choice to heal the pain & swelling quickly. Advil or Motrin (ibuprofen), Aleve (naproxen) are two of the best choice to give a quick release of Plantar Fasciitis pain.
10. Injection To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly:
When pain is too severe that NSAIDs are useless, then the doctor may prescribe cortisone injections. Direct injecting the steroid on the painful part of fascia helps to soothe the pain immediately & the action of injection can last for about one month but inflammation subsides for longer than that. But injecting several times is fully prohibited as they may tear the plantar fascia.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injection To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly : On recent plantar fasciitis treatment injecting A Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) has been used as it releases pain with less tissue rupture.
- Stem Cell Injection To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly : Doctors collect stem cells from patients’ blood, bone marrow or body fat and inject in the affected area to heal plantar fasciitis.In a recent study, a combination of PRP & stem cell injection also given some hope for healing plantar fasciitis.
- Physiotherapies to heal plantar fasciitis quickly: Plantar fasciitis occurs due to irregular stretching of Plantar Fascia Ligament so, therapists target to stretch and strengthen the fascia, tendon & muscles around the ankle & heel. Physical therapists may also show you the method of manual therapy method of ankle mobilization. To support the heel they can also prescribe athletic taping.
11. Topaz Procedure To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly
A radio frequency wave is being used to break the scars on a ball of feet. It heals the fasciitis by increasing blood flow causes a rapid release of pain. This is a totally painless treatment where the radio frequency wave helps to recover the plantar fasciitis by breaking scar tissue but without any incision.
12. Prolotherapy To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly
this is a different kind of treatment. An injecting formula is made up of local anesthetics & irritants like dextrose to cause inflammation. The mechanism of this formulation is inflamed fasciitis produces connective tissue like collagen & repairs plantar fasciitis ligament.
13. Surgery To Heal Plantar Fasciitis Quickly
In severe & untreated Plantar Fasciitis injury doctor’s advice to perform surgery to ease the tension of the plantar fascia from the heel bone. This surgical procedure is known as plantar fascia release.