Modern technology has revolutionized the way we do our activities including how we conduct our day-to-day business. As we speak, we now have online banks such as Chime bank that allow you to send and receive money online. Besides this convenience, Chime bank has become a go-to alternative for many people as it easy to open and even maintain. This bank also allows you to enjoy automated saving features and even advance payment features. Generally, it is a good option for millennials.
That said, we now have e-wallets such as PayPal that allows you to send and receive money regardless of your location. As long as you have a valid PayPal account, you can perform all these tractions seamlessly. As we speak, you can now download the PayPal app and even perform these transactions on your mobile device. This has made life easier for many people all over the world. Both Chime and PayPal have proved to be a game-changer when it comes to online transactions. That said, you might be wondering if you can transfer money from Chime to PayPal. Unfortunately, there are no direct methods of transferring money directly from chime account to PayPal account. However, there are alternatives or indirect ways that are also easy and effective. This article will outline these steps in detail for better understanding.
Options For Transfer Money From Chime To PayPal Account
Although Chime has proved to be an effective bank for many people, it has some shortcomings. For instance, it does not allow users to make wire transfers internationally. Besides this, you will not be able to create joint accounts. However, it has a wider positive part. For instance, it has low interest rates and other critical features that its counterpart lacks. That’s why most people are looking for ways to transfer money from their Chime bank’s accounts to PayPal. Below are ways on how to do that.
Option 1 : Transfer Money from Chime as a bank to PayPal
Since Chime has partnered with the Stride Bank and The Bancorp Bank, you will note that it is a fully-fledged bank now. I mean, as we speak, you can now link chime as a bank on its won with PayPal. Remember that you cannot add Chime as a debit card but rather as a bank on your PayPal account. This way, you will be able to make transfers from Chime to PayPal and vice versa. However, before we do that, it is imperative that you determine the finer details of your Chime’s bank account. This includes its account number and routing numbers. Where do you get them? You can obtain these details from Chime App or visit the Chime Website.
Using Chime App
For convenience purposes, most people usually prefer to use the Chime app in order to obtain their Chime’s bank account details. After all, you just need to download the Chime app on your mobile device, open the app and then log in to your account. After that, tap the ‘Move Money’ option and then choose ‘Settings.’ Here, you will be able to see your bank account details and the routing number.
Using Chime Website
While using the app might prove to be convenient for many people, some still feel that there are limitations that come with this method. In this case, they prefer to use the web browser to access their account. If you opt to use this method, go to the Chime website and then log in to your Chime account.
You have to enter the correct login details so as to access your account successfully .If everything is okay, you will see several options, including, ‘Move Money.’ Click this option and then choose ‘Settings.’ Here, you will be able to see both the account details and the routing numbers.
With these details at hand, you can now proceed to add Chime as a bank on PayPal. The good news is that you can perform this process either using the PayPal app or from PayPal’s website. It all depends on what you want .Here; we shall take a closer look at both methods.
Add Chime bank to PayPal through the use of PayPal app
Currently, you can readily get the PayPal app from either Google Play Store or the iOS app store. It all depends on the device you have.
- With this app on your device, you can now launch it and then log in by entering your PayPal’s email address and password.
- After that, tap ‘Settings’ and then choose Bank Account and Credit cards’.
- Click the ‘+’ icon and then select ‘Bank Account’.
- Under the banks section, tap ‘Link a new bank account.’ Since you already have the Chime bank’s account, enter these details.
- Finally, tap ‘Continue.’ After that, save the account details that you have filled.
Add Chime as a bank on PayPal’s website
Besides using the PayPal app, you can still use PayPal’s website.
- First, you should go to PayPal’s website on your browser and then log in with your PayPal’s email and password.
- After that, select ‘Settings’ icon found on the right of the menu bar
- Here, you will see a number of options, including the ‘money, banks, and cards’ option. Click these options
- Under the Bank option, tap ‘Link a New Bank account.’ Here, you should enter the Chime bank account details and the routing number.
- Thereafter, save the account details you have filled.
Having linked Chime to PayPal, you can now initiate the transfer of money from Chime bank to PayPal. Here, you will be able to add money to your PayPal from your Chime bank account. The good news is that you can do this either using the PayPal app or PayPal’s website. It all depends on what works well for you.
Add money to PayPal using the PayPal app
When using the PayPal app to perform the transaction mentioned above, you should;
- First download this app on your device.
- Enter your login details.
- On the page, tap ‘PayPal balance’ and then tap the ‘Add money’ option.
- Since you want to transfer money from Chime bank to PayPal, enter your Chime bank details.
- After that, tap ‘Add.’
- Enter the amount of money you wish to transfer and then press ‘Continue.’
- Review the transfer and then tap ‘Add P Amount,’ where P represents the amount of money you wish to transfer.
Add money on PayPal Using PayPal’s website
If you do not have the PayPal app on your device, the best thing is to visit PayPal’s website and perform these transactions.
- Visit PayPal’s website on your browser and enter the login details.
- Since you want to transfer money from Chime to PayPal.
- Click the ‘Transfer’ option under your balance and then select ‘Add Money To Your Balance.’
- Choose Chime as your bank and then enter the amount of money you want to transfer.
- Confirm this amount and then click ’Add Y Amount’ where Y represents the amount you intend to transfer. By doing this, you will have managed to transfer money from Chime to PayPal.
Option 2 : Transfer money From Chime Account to PayPal Cash card.
Since PayPal accounts are not essentially bank accounts but rather e-wallet platforms, they have now released PayPal cash card that allows users to deposit money like they would if they had an ordinary bank account.
With this card, you will not incur any costs when making deposits. Besides this, there are no monthly fees involved for you to maintain this card. Finally, it allows you to access more than 33000 ATMs all over the world. Therefore, this card is truly incredible.
For you to obtain a PayPal cash card, the first step is to ensure that your PayPal account is valid.
- To verify your PayPal account, you just need to provide:
- Your email address
- Contact number
- Your name
Once you have submitted the above-mentioned details, your PayPal account will be verified. Besides this, you can apply for a PayPal credit or better still, link your bank account, debit card or credit card. By doing either of these things, you will be eligible to request a PayPal Cash card.
To request this card :
- Go to the PayPal Cash Card page and then tap ‘Get the card’.
- Thereafter, enter your PayPal’s login details and then tap ‘More.’
- Proceed and tap ‘Order a PayPal Cash Card.’ In case you have not yet upgraded to a PayPal Cash Account, PayPal will ask you to upgrade first before proceeding to the next step.
- If everything is correct, enter your address and then confirm it. Typically, it takes around 7 to 10 days for you to receive this card.
- Upon receiving the card, you need to activate it so that you can start using it. Fortunately, it will only take you a few minutes to activate this card.
To activate the card :
- Go to the PayPal Cash Card activation Page and then enter your login details.
- After that, enter your card’s expiration date and then tap ‘Activate Card’.
- Here, you will need to create a 4-digit PIN for this card. You will see an option indicating ‘Create PIN.’
- Click it and then enter your desired PIN.
- Confirm these details, and your card will be activated immediately.
Now that your PayPal Cash card is activated, you will be able to access the PayPal Cash Card routing numbers and bank numbers as well. All these details are essential whenever you transfer money from Chime to PayPal. Therefore, there is a need to get them first before initiating any transaction. To obtain these details;
- Visit your browser and then enter the login details.
- Thereafter, click on the ‘Setting’ option and then choose ‘Set up or view direct deposit’.
- Here, you will see the bank details and the respective routing numbers. With these details at hand, you can now deposit money from your Chime bank account to a PayPal Cash Card.
To initiate money transfer from Chime to PayPal cash card
- Go to the Chime app and then enter your Chime login details.
- Thereafter, tap ‘Move Money’ and then choose ‘Transfers’.
- Key in the account number and routing number of your PayPal Cash Card.
- Thereafter, you will be able to initiate money transfers successfully.
The good news is that you can transfer money to a PayPal account that you do not own as you will not be needed to link it you’re your Chime account.
Option 3 : Using a Linked Bank account to transfer Money from Chime to PayPal
Although applying for a PayPal Cash card might be ideal for some users, there are others who might not prefer that method. In this case, you can consider using a linked bank to facilitate the transfer of money from Chime to PayPal.
- The first step is to link your Chime Account to the external Bank account.
- To do this, you need to open the Chime app and then log in to your account. Here, you will see several options, including ‘Move Money.’
- Click this option and then choose the ‘Transfers’ option.
- After that, select your external bank and then enter your bank’s account number and routing number.
By doing this, you will be able to link the Chime Account to the External Bank account. Once you are done with the step mentioned above, the next step will be to link PayPal to the same external bank account. You can choose to either add bank on PayPal using the PayPal app or using PayPal’s website. The choice is solely yours.
Using PayPal app
- Access your PayPal account by login in.
- On the top right of your account, touch ‘settings’
- Next, tap ‘bank accounts and credit card
- Followed by + icon
- Next, pick ‘bank account’
- Tap ‘go to our website’’
This will now lead you to their website and follow the following steps;
When using PayPal website
- Go to the PayPal’s website and then enter your login details.
- After that, tap ‘Settings’ and then click ‘Money, Banks, and Cards.’
- Under the bank accounts category, click ‘Link a New Bank Account’. After all, you want to add the external bank to your PayPal account.
- Since you already have the bank’s account number and routing number, enter these details and then tap ‘Link Your Bank’.
- Thereafter, save the changes that you have made.
Having linked the external bank to your PayPal, you can now initiate the process of money transfer from Chime to the external bank and later to the PayPal account. To start with, you will note that Chime provides its customers with a number of banks that they can link as an external bank account. If your bank of choice is among them, you are sorted.
To send money from Chime account to external bank
- Launch the Chime app on your device.
- After that, log in with your Chime details.
- Tap ‘Move Money.’ Proceed and choose ‘Transfers.’
- Finally, key in your bank login details.
- After that, you will be able to make transfers to the external bank account.
Since you now have money in the external linked money, you can go ahead and transfer this money to your PayPal account. Typically, you will be adding money to your PayPal account. When it comes to this process, you can either choose to use the PayPal app or use the PayPal’s website.
When using the PayPal app
- Launch the app on your mobile device.
- After that, enter the login details and then tap your PayPal balance.
- Proceed and tap ‘Add Money’ and then choose your external bank’s details.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer from the bank to PayPal and then tap ‘Continue.’
- Review the transfer and if everything is okay, press ‘Add N Amount,’ where N shows the amount you want to transfer.
- Finally, you will be able to transfer money from Chime to PayPal using a linked external bank account.
Using Paypal Website
- Visit www.paypal.com
- Access your PayPal dashboard by keying in your login credentials
- On your left, click ‘transfer’ and open money tab
- Tap ‘ add money to your balance’
- Pick chime as your preferred bank
- Feed in the amount and click “ click”
By considering any of the above-mentioned methods, you will be able to transfer money from Chime to PayPal. For each method, all that you need to do is to follow these steps to the letter, and everything will be a success.
More importantly, confirm all the details so as to avoid sending money to the wrong recipient. Consider the ideas that we have outlined above, and you will have a successful transaction process.