Have you ever heard about the Green Dot card? This is actually a prepaid card that allows you to accept government deposits, receive paychecks or even make transfers. You can use your online card account to do all these banking activities seamlessly. All that you need to do is to load some money on the card and then make transactions with it. If you do not have enough money, you can use it as a debit card. I know many might be wondering whether it is possible for one to transfer money from green dot card to bank account.
Well, the good news is that this process is very simple and straight forward. Also, there are no additional charges for you to make this transaction. All you need is a recipient’s routing number and account number. In this article, we shall take a closer look at how you transfer money from green dot card to bank account and other facets around it.
Steps To Transfer Money From Green Dot Card To Bank Account
Like we stated above, you need to know the recipient’s account number and his routing number. To start
- Open your card account.
- After that, click on ‘Add Money’.
- Once this is done, scroll down so as to find the account number and the routing number.
Generally, this process should not take you a lot of time. As long as you have the right details then you are sorted. Here, you will be able to transfer money from this card to your friend’s or relative’s account without incurring any additional charges. All in all, the process is simple and very straight forward.
Besides the above-mentioned steps, you can also choose to link your green dot card to a bank account and then use that account to make the transfer money. However, there is a mandatory verification process that one has to undertake. You will be needed to make small transfers so as to ensure that the card and the account are set up.
Once everything is set, you will be at liberty to make money transfers. You should enter the amount of money you want to send and then choose the account you want to send it to. Choose the card you want to use and then send the money.
Benefits of Transfer Money From Green Dot Card To Bank Account
- First, the process is very easy. All that one needs to do is to log in to his or her Green Dot account and then add the money that one wants to send. Thereafter, choose the bank account you want to send the money and complete your transfer.
- Also, you will not need to make a visit to your bank in order to make these transactions. This is because you can readily make these transactions from the comfort of your home or office. As a result, you will be able to save time and gas.
- Finally, Green Dot does not charge you any fee for this service. You are bound to save more on costs.
The Advantages Of Owning A Green Dot Prepaid Card
There are many advantages of owning the card mentioned above. These are;
- It allows you to transfer money from one account to another. As long as the bank is within the U.S, be sure that you will not experience any problems. All you need are the recipient’s details such as the email ID, mobile number and account number.
- The card also allows you to load money on it using another bank account. This enables you to keep this card up and running. In fact, your friends and family can send you money. The good news is that Green Dot does not charge for this service. However, you might incur service fee depending on the bank you are using to make the transfer.
- You are likely to save more on cost as you will be able to save more on monthly charges. To avert the costly monthly charges, just deposit at least $100 every month. You are also allowed to make an overdraft via prepaid card devoid of any fees. However, you should be careful as you might be charged if the balance falls below $0.
- When it comes to paying bills, you will not incur any costs. It allows you to pay your bills online free of charge. In addition, if you join the VIP program, you will not incur any charges when using the ATM services. By joining the VIP member list, you will become one of the company’s preferred customers when it comes to customer support services.
- Finally, you do not need to have a good credit score for you to apply for this card. This prepaid credit card is meant for people with bad credit. This makes it ideal even for students who might have issues with their credit scores.
How To Get A Green Dot Prepaid Card ?
For you to enjoy all the above-mentioned benefits, you must be a Green Dot cardholder. As we speak, you can now get yourself registered at your closest retail store. However, there is an eligibility criterion that you must fulfill. It includes:
- You have to be a legal resident in the U.S
- Ensure that you have a valid Social Security Number
- Be 18 years and above
Once you have met all the requirements, proceed with the application process. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- First, you should visit the official Green Dot website
- After that click on ‘Other products’
- Click on ‘Prepaid cards’.
- After that, choose the card you want to apply for and then click on ‘Learn More’ so that you can familiarize yourself with the terms and conditions of this card.
- Once you are done, provide personal information such as the full name, residential address, contact number, SSN, date of birth and so on. More importantly, you should ensure that all these details are correct before you submit your application. You can counter check so as to correct errors that you might have made unawares.
- Submit your application and then wait for your card. Once your card arrives, you can correct it at your nearest store. Thereafter, you can start using your Green Dot prepaid card.
Common Asked Questions
Is Green dot associated with any bank?
Yes. Green Dot paid partnership with Bonneville Bank and USA treasury with the aim of helping American citizens avoid waste of time and resources while cashing a tax refund check through entering a financial mainstream with their personal prepaid debit card accounts.
How much money can you deposit on a Green Dot card?
The maximum amount you can deposit in your account on a daily basis is $2999. Note that beyond this amount, you can’t conduct any deposit transaction from your account unless through other deposit methods.
Is there a withdraw limit from Green Dot?
Yes. Green dot has a withdraw limit of 3000$ every month from both ATM and teller transactions. It also has 3000$ daily withdraw limit and 1000$ balance
Is it possible to use a Green Dot card without registering?
Yes. One amazing fact about green dot card is that it is possible to use it without the need to register. However, you will get limited functionality. I mean, through this temporary un-registered card, you can only make purchases until you exhaust the initial amount that was loaded.
As we speak, you can now transfer funds from a Green Dot prepaid card to a bank account seamlessly. By following the above-mentioned steps, you will be good to go. If you do not have this card, apply it and you will enjoy numerous advantages. You will be able to pay your bills and even deposit money to any account for free. Also, this card is widely accepted in many merchants out there.