The only way you can get Straight Talk hotspot on your phone is to purchase its data plan from its official website or a licensed dealer. Most people believe that you can find a free Wi-Fi hotspot in every place you go. Hotspot plans such as Straight Talk tend to be more secure and can help you browse much faster. With Straight Talk, you can access cheap and fast internet regardless of where you are.
If you subscribe to Straight Talk, you will save money on paying data bills. Whether you do online jobs or you need the internet to stream your favorite movies, Straight Talk will assist you. Moreover, if you stay in a remote area, you may only utilize satellite internet that can be expensive and metered. In such cases, subscribing to Straight Talk hotspot on phone will be the best method for you to access affordable home internet.
What Exactly is Straight Talk?
As asserted earlier, Straight Talk is a mobile Wi-Fi provider. Many online Straight Talk hotspot reviews illustrate that it is one of the best Wi-Fi providers in the United States.
Straight Talk comes in a standalone device, which resembles your smartphone but is slightly smaller. You should link this device to your phone, computer, or tablet so that you can get access to 4G LTE internet.
How Fast is Straight Talk?
Currently, there is a 5G internet wave in the technology world. Unfortunately, most mobile hotspot providers, including Straight Talk, still have 4G as their fastest bandwidth.
Straight Talk has relatively fast upload and download speeds. This speed varies depending on the place where you are. Sometimes, you can download videos, audio, and other file formats at high rates, which may be up to 50 megabits per second.
Most of the time, Straight Talk’s download and upload speed is usually between 5 – 12 Mbps. This speed is fast enough for you to watch the latest movie on Netflix or submit your job application online.
Even if you don’t reside in a 4G LTE coverage area, you can still access 4G internet networks with the help of Straight Talk. When there is a network outage, you will have to use 3G internet.
Hotspot Data Plans vs. Mobile Tethering
You may wonder why you should purchase a hotspot data plan instead of using mobile tethering. This is because both hotspot data plans and mobile tethering serve the same function; accessing the internet from multiple devices. Using a hotspot has some various advantages when compared to mobile tethering. Here is why you should purchase a good hotspot data plan;
- You won’t worry about data limitation. You may want to do some work online, and you require massive amounts of data. If you use the mobile tethering option, you may exhaust your phone data without even knowing. Hotspot plans can enable you to access unlimited data.
- You will spare the battery of your phone. If you switch the tethering button of your phone on, it will consume a lot of power. This will make your battery to die quickly. If you purchase a hotspot, you won’t worry about your phone’s battery life.
- You can tether many devices. You can only connect up to two devices on your phone if you use mobile tethering. If you have a Straight Talk Phone with mobile hotspot, you can link up to five devices.
- You will be able to work for long periods. Tethered phones frequently lose network signals. On the other hand, hotspot plans will assist you to have a consistent internet supply without any throttling or drops. This way, you will be able to work continuously without interruption.
Most mobile hotspots won’t require you to enter into a contract. Generally, you will have to purchase a hotspot plan if you want to have a completely reliable internet connection.
How Can You Choose the Best Mobile Hotspot Plan?
Apart from Straight Talk, there are many other mobile hotspot providers in the United States. Some of these providers offer dedicated hotspot devices with cheap plans, while others may provide you with faulty ones. Therefore, you should have a criterion which you can follow in choosing the right mobile hotspot plan. Here is what you should consider;
- Your needs : How are you planning to utilize your mobile hotspot? Maybe you will need it just once per week, or you want it to be your main data plan.
- Your carrier : Your cell phone data provider may already have a mobile hotspot plan. You can decide to go with it or to purchase a new plan altogether.
- Free data : Some mobile hotspot providers will give you an option to use unpaid data. This data may come in the form of a free trial, or it can be limited.
- Methods of payment : Always select a pay-as-you-go hotspot plan. This is because in some weeks you may use too much data, while in others you won’t access the internet.
What Other Hotspot Plans Exist in the United States Apart from Straight Talk?
If you don’t like Straight Talk, you can opt for other hotspot providers. Here are some of them;
1. Verizon Wireless
According to Well Kept Wallet, Verizon is one of the largest cell phone carriers in the United States. It also sells some hotspot devices. Its basic data plan starts from 1GB each month for $15, and you can upgrade it if you want. For example, you can be given 10 GB for $60 each month, and even 100 GB for $710 per month.
Just like Verizon, AT&T is a cell phone carrier which offers hotspot plans. Recently, it launched its Netgear Nighthawk hotspot device, which can give you access to 5G internet. Its standard plan starts at $50 for 10 GB of data each month.
Sprint offers three mobile hotspot plans. Its first plan starts at $10 GB for $30 each month, all the way to $100 GB for $60 a month. Unlike AT & T and Verizon, Sprint is not a cell phone carrier.
T-Mobile only offers one single standalone hotspot device, which is manufactured by Coolpad. It has several data plans. Its cheapest plan is $10 each month for 2 GB. Its most expensive plan is 22 GB data bundles for just $85.
5. Boost Mobile
Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint. It has a standalone hotspot device from ZTE. It has two prepaid plans. One goes for $25 each month, and you will get 1.5 GB of data. The other plan costs $50 per month for 10 GB of internet data.
Why is Straight Talk the Best Mobile Hotspot Provider?
Straight Talk has been in the mobile service industry since 2009. Since then, it has provided cellular service to the four most popular wireless providers in the United States. These providers include Verizon, AT & T, T-Mobile, and Sprint. Here is why you should purchase Straight Talk Data;
- It has the best data plans. Straight Talk offers different plans which are very affordable. Its cheapest plan is only $15 for 1 GB, while its most costly plan is $75 for 7 GB.
- Its service plans are readily available. You can easily purchase them from its official website, or at your nearest Walmart store.
- It is compatible with many devices and phones. Straight Talk fully supports most devices, including those powered by reputable brands such as Samsung, and Motorola. It is also compatible with Verizon, AT & T, Sprint, and T-Mobile phones provided that you have not entered into any contract with them.
- It has excellent and effective customer support. In case you are stuck, you can quickly contact their customer service numbers. You can get in touch with them by phone, social media, and online chat.
How Can You Activate Straight Talk Hotspot On Your Phone?
After you have purchased your straight talk hotspot data plan on your phone, you will need to activate it. Go to Straight Talk’s official website, and click on Activate amongst the menu options.
Select the option ‘Activate my Straight Talk Service’ and then follow the steps which you are prompted to do. You will be obligated to provide the serial number of your hotspot, your zip code, and your data card pin.
In case you are a new Straight Talk user, you will have to create an account. If you already have one, you will have to enter your account email and password.
This whole activation process takes around 5 – 10 minutes. After you’ve activated your hotspot, you will need to set up your Straight Talk phone. You can always contact Straight Talk’s customer care center for help in activating and setting up your Straight Talk Hotspot.
Straight Talk can solve almost all your data needs. Its data plans are quite affordable, and you won’t need to sign any contract. Moreover, you can join its reward program to obtain awards such as free service plans and additional data. Subscribe to Straight Talk today and enjoy yourself with unlimited 4G internet.