T-Mobile is popular for its competitive pricing structure and excellent customer service. If you are looking to switch to a prepaid mobile carrier, you will find great value in their plans. Moreover, following their recent makeover to an “un-carrier” service provider, they no longer have contracts to use their plans. Instead, you can subscribe to any of tmobile pay as you go plans without signing a contract.
Besides T-Mobile’s cell phone no-contract pay as you go plans, T-Mobile carries some of the best offerings in terms of unlimited data plans. The fact that this provider does not throttle down speeds gives it a competitive edge over its competition. Coupled with the comparative affordability of its unlimited prepaid plans, T-Mobile continues luring customers who enjoy social networking and browsing the internet.
The Best T-Mobile Prepaid Plans 2019
Prepaid plans from T-Mobile offer an easy way to switch to their network since they are not subject to a credit check.
T-Mobile carries two prepaid plans:
The Unlimited Plan : This plan is offered under the simply prepaid unlimited plans carrying unrestricted 4G LTE data on smartphones.
The 10GB Plan : Getting a no credit check with unlimited talk and text is easy with the $40 10GB LTE plan.
Although tmobile pay as you go plans and tourist plans still exist, you can access them through Ultra Mobile.
1. T-Mobile Prepaid Monthly Plans
T-Mobile has monthly prepaid plans that work similarly to its traditional plan. The only difference is that the prepaid monthly offers come without a credit check. Moreover, you can get multi-line discounts with its monthly-prepaid plans. The prepaid plans include:
The $40 Monthly 10 GB Prepaid Plan : This plan was launched as the unlimited everything plan, carrying 4G LTE speeds for the first 10GB data. For $40 per month, you get unlimited talk-time, text messages, and data, all inclusive of fees and taxes. Moreover, you get to enjoy free music streaming through your tablet or phone on iTunes Radio, Slacker, and Spotify among others, without consuming the allotted 4G LTE data.
The $50 Monthly Unlimited Plan : T-Mobile silently, introduced a new promotion availing a $50 prepaid plan. The plan features unlimited data, talk-time, and text. While the company did not specify how long the promotional offer would last, customers can make the most of it while it lasts. You will be getting unlimited mobile hotspot 3G speeds with capped video streaming at 480p resolution.
2. Ultra Mobile Plans
The Ultra Mobile plans from T-Mobile include pay as you go and tourists’ plans. You can call over 80 international destinations free; get unlimited nationwide talk, including 3GB of 4G LTE data for $11 per month under these phone plans. The plans come with amazing bonus period of 3 months for 3GB and 6 months for 3GB deals.
You should also pay for the whole subscription period, either 3 months or 6 months, during the promotion window. However, the plans are not eligible for ultra-starter kits and are incompatible with other offers. One of the downsides is that data speeds typically slow down to 128kbps once you reach the allocated limits. It is important to activate the plans within 45 days of purchase.
Recommended to Read:
3. The $30 T-Mobile Tourist Plan
This tourists plan is for international visitors who are traveling to the United States. The plan only offers in-store purchases. The t mobile tourist plan also comes with the following features:
- 1000 minutes domestic calling
- Unlimited text messages
- 2 GB full-speed data
For $30, you get to use the plan for 21 days, after which you can refill or extend. You also need a compatible phone to remain active in this plan.
4. The $3 Monthly Pay As You Go Plan
- Bring your own GSM compatible device
- Add data in 500MB and 1GB passes
- No contract and credit checks
- No roaming or long-distance charges within the United States
This is a budget monthly plan if you do not intend to use your line for browsing since it does not come with data. However, smartphone users can add the data feature. This individual cell phone plan is only available for use within the United States. The plan allows you to BYOD to the service, or buy a new one outright. To keep your account and number active, you will have to refill your account monthly.
- 30 minutes of talk
- 30 text messages
- $5 per day 500 MB high-speed data
- $10 weekly 1 GB full-speed data
- Calls and texts after the 30 cap will cost 10 cents each.
It is important to note that while the plan costs $3 per month, the fees for the SIM starter kit is $10. This brings the total cost to $13 for the first month. Other costs include:
- Additional call-time at $0.10 every minute
- Additional texts at $0.10 each
- Each picture message is $0.25
- Bring your own device
- No long-distance fees
- No roaming fees
5. The $70 Monthly T-Mobile ONE Prepaid Plan
- Bring your own GSM compatible device
- Guarantee for no price changes unless the customer decides so also called un-contract
- Caller ID
- Voicemail with message alerts
- Includes call to Canada and Mexico
- Call waiting
- Includes bonus data when abroad
- Conference calling
- Data allowance used for tethering with 3G speeds
- Emergency calls
- Customer care
The ONE Prepaid plan by T-Mobile is similar to the carrier’s postpaid version of the plan. However, unlike the latter, you will be skipping those pesky credit checks. Here is what you will get with the plan:
- Unlimited 3G hotspot allowance
- Unlimited calls to and from Mexico and Canada
- Unlimited texting and data in more than 210 countries
- Data free music streaming on Pandora, Spotify, and others
- Unlimited nationwide plus international data in over 210 countries, with 4G full-speed data in Canada, the United States, and Mexico.
- Unlimited HD video streaming is available for $3 per day
ONE Prepaid Monthly Plan in Detail
- Total Cost: $70 per month, including an upfront $10 fee
- Data: This plan is for top data users, with over 50 GB of full-speed data. You may notice reduced speeds when you hit the data cap, until the next bill cycle.
- Calls and Texts: The plan provides unlimited nationwide calling to and from Mexico, the United States, and Canada. The offer also carries a 5 GB high-speed data-roaming offer, with primary usage restricted to US networks. Unlimited messages usually include both domestic and international texting. For international calling, you can subscribe to stateside international calls for another $15 per month.
- Data Maximizer: The plan optimizes video streaming for long data usage, with video streaming at 480p. However, you can always turn off this feature.
- HD Video: If streaming videos at DVD quality is not good enough for you, you can access video streaming with High-Definition quality by paying an additional $3 per month via an on-demand pass. This offer is not compatible with a mobile hotspot.
- Wi-Fi Calling and Texting: Calls and texts through Wi-Fi are offered automatically with no extra payment. This allows you to text and makes calls from all over the world, provided you can access Wi-Fi.
We find it worthwhile to mention that fees and taxes do not apply to the T-Mobile One Prepaid plan.
- No long distance fees
- Check your bill from the phone
- Bring your own phone
- Free voicemail
- No roaming fees
6. T-Mobile Prepaid Plans $50
With other carriers like Verizon and AT&T having reduced their prepaid unlimited plans for data, T-Mobile assumed the role of its competition by availing a discount on the tmobile pay as you go plans with unlimited data. This means that customers can sign up for the plan for only $50 per month.
Therefore, you can choose to save $20 every month with the domestic-only Verizon of the ONE prepaid monthly plan through t mobile prepaid plans $50.
7. T-Mobile Prepaid Plans $30
T-Mobile offers another prepaid plan with 5 GB of full-speed data, to which you may not be privy. For the t mobile prepaid plans $30, you have to dig deep into their website since it is rarely mentioned in most platforms. The plan costs $30 per month and comes with the following features:
- 5 GB of 4G LTE data – slows to 2G speeds after reaching data allowance
- Unlimited texting
- 100 talk time every month
This means you can access social media with apps like Twitter, Facebook, and Snapchat. Making calls with Skype, Facebook messenger, and other apps consume data. Therefore, your minutes remain intact. This may not be one of the primary tmobile pay as you go plans, as it is only available to new customers on the network. You will also need to have a T-Mobile SIM card to activate this plan.
If you are planning to switch to the cell phone carrier, there are different tmobile pay as you go plans to fit your needs. The most compelling feature about T-mobile’s prepaid plans is that they do not run a credit check when subscribing. Additionally, you do not have to put down money when activating the service. The plans allow you to hear your balance every time you make a call with less than $10 remaining in your account.