Chime is a Fintech (financial technology) company. Though it not a bank, but provide few banking facilities. They are not like other traditional banks. Chime is the more secure option and prevents all types of unauthorized issues. People tend to get a Chime Visa Debit card issued by The Bancorp Bank, or Stride Bank (FDIC Members) in the USA. Chime keeps all the procedures simple and via attractive mobile apps people can access. For the fewer charges or easier to manage Chime is getting sought-after. They offer multiple features including a spending account, Debit card, and free ATM network.
Chime was founded in 2013 and provides online banking services. There are no physical branches and monthly deposits. You will operate your transactions through their mobile app. That’s why people use debit or credit cards blissfully.
In this article you will understand the procedure of chime cards and get answers to the most common questions- Where Can I load my chime card?
Places To Load Chime Card For Free
At the chime partner stores, they charge a specific amount as fees for loading chime cards. You will have to pay the charge at Walgreen, Walmart, and CVS stores. But there are few other ways you can deposit to your chime card for free maintaining the procedures. We are mentioning the procedures of three fee-free loading systems.
1. Transfer Money To A Chime Card From A Bank Account
Assuming that you already have an external bank account. Then it would be a matter of time for you to get the required amount in your chime account. All you have to do is follow the internet procedure to transfer the money from your other bank account to the chime account.
- Go to the website of the bank where you have the account.
- Click on the Internet Banking option.
- Look for the Money transfer option and click on that.
- Select the destination account. Here enter your chime account details like account number and routing number.
- Then enter the amount you want to transfer in the respective box.
- Then confirm the procedure and complete the transfer.
Hopefully, you will get the transferred amount in your chime within a minute otherwise it usually takes 3 to 5 business days at most to add it to your chime account. There is neither a transfer fee nor hidden fees to be charged. So if you have an external bank account then you can transfer the desired amount to your Chime mount on your own without any fees.
2. Direct Deposit
This is a hassle and charge-free trick if you already have a direct deposit with chime bank. You won’t need to go to Walmart, Walgreen, or CVS stores to add money to your chime card. If you don’t have the chime direct deposit set up then follow the steps-
- Open the chime app on your phone
- Look for the move Money option and select Direct Deposit
- Click on the Email me a pre-filled direct deposit form
- Now go to your email and check the mailbox.
- If you found the mail then download and print the Direct Deposit form
- Give the copy to the provider of your payroll.
Now hopefully you will get your money directly to your chime direct deposit account and it’s free.
3. Mobile Check Deposit
Since chime has its mobile banking app, online you can deposit your checks manually. Now if you have a check at your hand, you can deposit it into your chime account following the process.
- Launch the chime app on your smartphone.
- Select the Move Money option and Tap on the Mobile Check Deposit.
- Enter the amount from your check
- Now take the picture of the check as per direction
- Choose the spending account and review whether the information you entered is correct.
- Now submit your check.
The amount from the check will be added to your chime account soon after the deposit completes. If it takes several days to deposit you should call the hotline number to get the details of the delay. This process is also free of any charges.
4. Load Chime Card at Walgreens
You have a chime card and you are enjoying it with your shopping or other expenditures. But now you are a bit worried about the question of “where can I load my chime card?”. We are ensuring you that loading your chime card is very easy and hassle-free at Walgreen stores. All you have to do is to go there and talk to the cashier at the cash counter. They would charge around $3 to $10 for every thousand dollars. It may vary over the amount and your dealing status with Walgreens. But for your easy understanding here are the procedures to load your chime card at Walgreens.
- Find out the nearest Walgreen store from your location and get there.
- Ask them who is responsible to load a chime card or directly go to the cash counter.
- Tell them your purpose for loading your chime account and give them your phone number.
- Mention the amount you want to load in. The cashier will check your customer status and let you know the applicable charge for the loading amount you want to be on your card.
- Now hand over your chime card and the amount to the cashier and he or she will add the money to your card with the help of the card reading machine.
5. Load Chime Card at CVS Pharmacy
You can also load your chime card at CVS pharmacy stores just like Walmart and Walgreens. CVS cashiers are well-experienced in loading chime cards. They also charge fees for the loading which is $4.95 and you will get the money on your card within an hour or two. To add money from CVS pharmacies you just need to follow some simple steps.
- Get the nearest CVS store locations from the navigator. Match the timing with yours and get to the store as per directions.
- Go to the cash counter and ask for the process to load money in your chime card.
- Hand over to the cashier your chime card, cash amount, and your phone number.
- Pay the fee they charge for the loading to your card.
- When S/he says ok with the loading, get the card and you are all set to buy your things.
Remember that CVS charges $4.95 as a service fee for every $500 loading. The fee may vary over the states. And whenever the money is added to your account, a chime will immediately send a notification to your phone.
6. Load Chime Card at Walmart
Though that’s one of the most asked questions, we promise you that it’s the easiest process to load your chime card from Walmart. They charge a few amounts as the depositing fee which is around $3.5 for up to $1000 in every loading. But keep in mind that they offer waivers for regular customers of Walmart. So don’t forget to ask for your waiver if you frequently deal with Walmart stores. Here are the easy steps to follow to add money to your chime card.
- Locate the nearby Walmart store.
- Go there on any open day, look for the cashier or the person who is responsible for loading cash into a chime card.
- Tell them your deal. The total amount you want to load into your account.
- Ask about the fee against the amount you want to load.
- If you are convinced then give the cashier your chime card.
- The cashier will load it into your chime card within a few seconds and hand it to you.
- If he says ok then you are all set to spend your chime card.
Can I Put Money on My Chime Card at an ATM?
As of September 2021 chime doesn’t have this feature to add money at an ATM. Instead, you can deposit money to your chime card in the retail locations as we mentioned above. You can withdraw money from ATMs but chime hasn’t been introduced to deposit cash yet. So better try the retail stores of Walgreen, Walmart, or CVS.
How Much Does It Cost to Load Money to a Chime Card?
There are thousands of outlets of different brand stores where you can add cash to your chime card. Every one of them costs a tiny fee which is around $5. So it varies depending on where and how you’re going to add cash to your chime card. And if you are a listed regular customer of that store then you will have to pay less cost during the load. All the approximately 90,000 retail stores of Walmart, Walgreens, and 7-Eleven are the deposit partners of the Chime spending account and you can add money by talking to the cashiers of the stores.
Walgreen’s might charge $3 to $10 for $1000 added to your chime spending account. But remember, if you ask for a bulk amount to be added to your account they will charge the fee higher. The cashier can inform you of the charge amount against the total amount you want to be added to your chime account. On the other hand, Walmart stores charge around $3.5 as the fee to add per $1000 to your chime account. Remember that there is a limit on the amount and times you can load in a day. Green Dot is also a huge partner of Chime having thousands of locations where you can add money into your Chime account. They charge below $5 for each load.
In this modern tech-based lifestyle, Fintech is the present and future of trade to make every happening moment as hassle-free as hidden-charge free. Chime is the new approach to online banking. And the more than available cash deposit points make a trade and business more reliable and easiest ever.
So hopefully your question “where can I load my chime card?” now got the simple solution. As we mentioned how simple it is to load your money to your chime card at a retail store. Walmart, Walgreen, and CVS combined offer thousands of their stores for you to load money without any hassle. Just go in there and talk to the cashier. The next minute you are the Chime card holder full of deposits to buy whatever wherever. Now enjoy the future Fintech in your present-day life.