If you plan to offer the finger-licking beef steak for your weekend party or cook a whole rack of delish ribs to the amuse your guests, you need to have the right grill to stir up all the delish grilled appetizers. With parties being the flavor of the season, you need to gear up with the right gas grill for all your evening soirees. To invest in a gas grill for your upcoming barbeque parties and personal use, don’t miss out on this detailed compilation of some of the best gas grills under 500 USD. Checking out each and every grill thoroughly in this list would help you to make an informed decision and choose a cost-effective one as per your preferences.
To buy the most suitable gas grill according to your budget and requirements, you need to check out an array of factors such as size, BTU, features and much more. The other factors to consider are the various types of grills; such as free-standing or built-in, heat distribution setting, the type of material the grill is made up of, durability, safety, the type of burner, thermometer, side burner, additional features etc.
What are you waiting for? Here is a rundown of reviews of some of the best gas grills available under $500. Carefully weighing the pros and cons of each of these grill options would help you in picking the right one according to your need and budget.
Top 5 Best Gas Grills Under 500 USD
1. Char-Broil Performance 475 4-Burner Cart Liquid Propane Gas Grill- Stainless
If you are looking for a wonderful budget gas grill, the stainless steel 4-burner cart liquid propane gas grill is a perfect choice. It is equipped with a plethora of attractive features for the ease of the users.
- The Char-Broil Performance 475 is the 4-burner gas grill has a huge capacity and can be used for cooking meals for a big family.
- The cooking surface is non-sticky and rust-resistant and can be easily cleaned.
- The ‘electronic ignition system’ of this 4-burner gas grills help in the reliable and fast start-up by just pushing a button.
- The two-metal side shelves offer increased preparation and storage space.
- It is equipped with wheels for easy portability.
- The gas grill is equipped with an electronic ignition system for fast starting of the grill.
- The easily detachable grease pans facilitate cleaning of the gas grill.
- The product is equipped with wheels that help in easy portability.
- Its stainless steel body makes it durable and resistant to tough weather conditions.
- The product is big and takes up a lot of space.
The Key Features of the 4-Burner Cart Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Durable and Long-Lasting Burners: The four stainless steel burners are hardy and deliver long-lasting performance. They provide a wide range of temperature as well as precise control.
- Secondary Cooking Area: The swing-away rack offers a secondary cooking area which is ideal for the purpose of cooking buns.
- Hassle-free Cleaning: The propane gas grill is equipped with the detachable grease pan that facilitates cleanup.
- Improved Heat Control: The lid-mounted ‘temperature gauge’ of the product offers improved heat control.
- Easy Transportation: The product is equipped with wheels which help in its easy transportation.
- Durability and Extra Space: The two metal-side shelves provide increased durability as well as ample preparation and workspace.
- Rust-Resistant Cooking Space: The primary ‘cooking surface’ is porcelain-coated and rust-resistant cast iron grates which measure 18.5inchesdeep X 25.6 inches wide.
2. Weber 48010001 Spirit II E-210 Black NG Outdoor Gas Grill
It is worth investing in the black NG outdoor gas grill as it is equipped with a host of attractive features for the convenience of the users.
- The natural gas grill is available with a 10-year Weber guarantee.
- The product boasts of the GS4 grilling system along with improved burners, infinity ignition, ‘porcelain-enameled’ flavorizer bars as well as ‘grease management’ system.
- Each of the components of the GSF grilling system sports a state-of-the-art design and is easy-to-use.
- This natural gas grill is equipped with reversible ‘cooking grates’ for stirring up a delectable shrimp or fish delicacy.
- The easily foldable side table provides the additional space whenever you need added room for working.
- The ‘open-cart’ design offers easy accessibility and additional space for grilling tools.
- The infinity ignition system is available with a 10-year warranty.
The Key Features of the Black NG Outdoor Gas Grill
- Warranty: This infinity ignition system is available with a 10-year warranty.
- Additional Space: The easily foldable side table offers the extra space for working with.
- Extra Room for Tools: The ‘open-cart’ sleek design offers accessibility and extra room for the grilling tools.
- Proper Organization of the Cooking Tools: The side table along with the ‘integrated hooks’ help in keeping all the grilling tools.
3. Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310 Black LP Outdoor Gas Grill
Planning to invest in an outdoor gas grill? The E-310 black LP outdoor gas grill sports a commendable design which is based on more than 3 decades of culinary proficiency, grilling experience and also on the requirements of users.
- This LP outdoor gas grill is equipped with the GS4 grilling system which is available with high-end burners, good infinity ignition, ‘grease management’ system, ‘porcelain-enameled’ flavorizer bars as well as 529 sq. inches of the cooking space for the convenience of the users.
- The ‘open-cart’ design gives easy accessibility to the cooking tools.
- The large wheels of the outdoor gas grill contribute to the easy transportation of the grill.
- The reversible ‘cooking grates’ of the gas grill contributes to the preparation of exotic dishes. The thinner part of the cooking grate is ideal for cooking the delicacies while the ‘wide part’ creates the thicker ‘sear mark’ for enhancing the food flavor.
- The foldable side table offers additional space for food preparation.
- This gas grill is a space-saving home appliance that can easily fit into the small balconies.
- The open cart smart design of this outdoor gas grill offers an extra room as well as accessibility to the grilling tools.
The Key Features of the Black LP Outdoor Gas Grill
- Easy Accessibility: The state-of-the-art ‘open-cart’ sleek design offers accessibility and extra room for the grilling tools.
- Additional Space: The easily foldable side-table of the gas grill offers the extra space required for food preparation.
- Tool Organization: You can make use of the side-table of the outdoor gas grill for the systematic arrangement of the grilling tools and thus you could keep your backyard in apple-pie order. You could even use the side-table for keeping seasonings, platter as well as tools within the reach of your arm.
- Easy Portability: The outdoor gas grill is equipped with two big wheels for the ease of transportation.
4. Char-Broil Performance 650 6-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
Are you thinking of investing in a propane gas grill? You could think of investing in the 6-burner cabinet liquid propane gas grill which is available with a multitude of features for the convenience of users.
- This propane gas grill is equipped with a cabinet, ‘control panel’ fascia and stainless steel handle and lid for added durability and style.
- The huge metal-side shelves provide the added work and preparation space.
- The detachable grease pan facilitates simple and quick cleaning.
- The cabinet of the grill is equipped with double doors for easy accessibility to the storage area.
- The electronic ignition system ensures a dependable and fast starting of the propane gas grill.
- Rust-resistant and non-sticky primary ‘cooking surface’ prevents food from sticking.
- It is equipped with a double door cabinet for storing accessories and tools.
- The two metal-sided shelves provide extra space for food preparation.
- The home appliance requires maintenance.
The Key Features of the 6-Burner Cabinet Liquid Propane Gas Grill
- Long-Lasting Performance: The durable sear burner and five top-ported stainless steel inline burners provide a range of temperature with precision control and offer lasting performance.
- Rust-resistant Primary Cooking Area: The ‘primary’ cooking area is crafted from porcelain-coated ‘rust-resistant’ cast iron grates that measures 18.5 inches deep X 35 inches wide and its area is about 650 sq. inches. The appliance offers plenty of cooking area for 30 burgers.
- Ideal Secondary Cooking Area: This outdoor gas grill, which is 280 sq. inches is equipped with a ‘swing-away’ warming rack, which can be used as a ‘secondary cooking’ area. The ‘warming rack’ measures 7.4 inches deep X 31 inches deep and can be used for toasting buns.
- Easy Cleanup, Storage and Mobility: The two-door cabinet of this propane gas grill provides plenty of space for storage. The easily detachable ‘porcelain-coated’ grease pan of this grill facilitates cleanup. The gas grill sits on the 4 casters and helps in easy transportation.
- Better Heat Control: The gas grill is equipped with the ‘lid-mounted’ temperature gauge that provides better heat control.
- Additional Preparation and Workspace: The two metal-side shelves of the gas grill offer a lot of preparation and workspace. For ‘high-heat’ cooking the gas grill is provided with a ‘searing burner.
- Preparation of Sauces: The gas grill has a 10,000-BTU ‘lidded’ side burner which can be used for the preparation of the side dishes and sauces. The lidded side burner folds down for protecting the burner and adds extra space for food preparation or incremental work.
- Durability: The fascia, UFC and the grill lid of the burner are crafted from stainless steel for increased durability and style. The stainless steel of the grill protects it from rough weather conditions.
- Dependable and Quick Startups: The ‘electronic ignition’ system of the grill offers a dependable and quick startup with just a push of the button.
5. Monument Grills Clearview Lid 4-Burner Side Sear Propane Grill
Wondering what grill to invest in? If you are looking for a robust and sturdy grill for giving you an enriched grilling experience, the 4-Burner Side Sear Propane Grill is an ideal choice. It has 1 side ‘sear burner’, 1 ‘side burner’ and 4 ‘main burners’.
- Being run by propane gas, this grill offers the users an amazing grilling experience where you do not have to struggle with lighting charcoal.
- The grill is equipped with ample cooking space of about 513.3 sq. inches.
- The best thing about this propane gas grill is that it can be assembled within 30 to 40 minutes.
- The users can enjoy high cooking power of 72,000 BTU.
- The sear burner of the grill offers adequate heat for ‘high-heat’ cooking.
- The grill is available with a warranty of 1 year on the overall product and 8 years on the burner.
- A built-in thermometer displays the accurate temperature for the convenience of the users.
- Pilotless ignition contributes to an enriched grilling experience.
- The product could be available with dead batteries.
The Key Features of the 4-Burner Side Sear Propane Grill
- Easy to Assemble: One of the key benefits of investing in this propane gas grill is that it is user-friendly and easy to assemble. The appliance can be put together with half an hour to 40 minutes.
- Durability: The grill is made of a stainless steel body and this makes it resistant to rust.
- Amazing Primary Cooking Area: The primary cooking space of the grill is about 513.3 sq. inches. This is adequate space for carrying out the grilling activities without any problem.
- Effective Warming: The grill is available with a ‘warming rack’ which is about 210 sq. inches along with a side burner for additional heat.
- High Cooking Power: The propane gas grill offers about 72,000 BTU for high-heat cooking.
What to Look For While Investing in Gas Grills Under $500?
Before you invest in a gas grill you need to look into an array of factors so that you do not end up buying the wrong one. Here is a rundown of a couple of factors to help you choose the right gas grill for your barbeque parties.
- Size: Size of the grill is certainly one of the most important factors to consider while investing in a grill. It is essential for you to invest in a grill that has a minimum of two burners. A grill with two burners provides maximum temperature control and flexibility. You need to measure the surface area of a grill in sq. inches. A grill with an area of 450 to 500 sq. inches is adequate. Such models help in cooking about 24 burgers at any given time.
- Grill Type: There are basically two types of grills; that is the free-standing type and the built-in gas grill. The free-standing type is available in various sizes from small to large. The small grills are available with folded, durable shelves and without burners. They can hold up to 18 burgers. The mid-sized grills are provided with additional features such as burners, backlit knobs, LED lights etc. The large free-standing grills can hold more than 30 burgers and have a stable primary cooking area. The built-in grills require installation at a specific place and are non-portable.
- BTU: BTU indicates the output of gas and the heat any grill could generate. However, it does not measure efficacy. It is essential to look for grills with a huge range of temperature instead of the premium models which have the ‘infrared burners’ and can reach as high as 700 degrees.
- Heat Distribution Setting: Before buying a grill, you need to check out its heat distribution setting. You need to pick one that allows the even distribution of heat and thereby even cooking of food. The way to check this is by moving your hand right over the grill and noticing if there is any difference in temperature. You must ensure there are no hidden cool spots under the gas grill grates. With proper distribution of heat, you could use your gas grill for roasting and baking as well.
- Features: It is essential to check out the features of a gas grill before buying one. You could invest in a grill which is equipped with an automatic starter detachable upper ‘cooking grate’ for the purpose of indirect cooking. Indirect heat is needed for cooking veggies, large meat cuts, and buns. The side burner of a grill is useful but many times proves to be underutilized. Some of the other features to consider before investing in the gas grills are wireless ‘temperature monitors’, ‘built-in’ LED lights etc.
Now that you know the pros and cons of each of these gas grillers, it is easy for you to make your selection. These grills are gas compatible and spare the user from the trouble of igniting charcoal for preparing barbeque. The above-listed gas grills are easy to set up, transport and use. Moreover, most of them are space-saving appliances. They offer a lot of primary cooking area along with additional space for storage and food preparation. After checking out these reviews, you can easily make an informed decision of investing in the right grill. Enjoy an incredible grilling experience!