First and foremost, Netspend is a global payment company based in Austin, Texas. Technically, it is an agent of the Bancorp Bank, MetaBank, National Association, and Republic Bank & Trust Company. This bank usually issues Netspend Visa Prepaid cards to all customers.
The NetSpend app allows you to conduct a number of transactions with or without a prepaid card. You can pay bills, do shopping, send money to other NetSpend users, check balance and transfer money to a bank account but with an extra effort. Since most people have been wondering how they can transfer money from Netspend to a bank account, this article will outline the various methods to perform this transaction seamlessly.
4 Ways To Transfer Money From Netspend To A Bank Account
Yes. As we speak, it is possible to transfer money from Netspend to a bank account. However, you will need to use indirect means as Netspend does not allow you to transfer your money directly to a bank account. Some of the options that can help you perform the above-mentioned transaction include:
1. Using PayPal you can transfer money from Netspend to a bank account
Since Netspend works with PayPal, it is now possible for you to link your PayPal account with Netspend and initiate money transfer to your bank account. For you to link your Netspend to PayPal, you should first login to your PayPal account and then link the Netspend card to your PayPal account. Some of the details that will be needed in order to make the linking successful are your Netspend account and routing number. Here are the steps that you should follow:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Once you log in, you will see many options on your dashboard, including the ‘Wallet’ option. Click it.
- Click the ‘Link a Bank Account’ option.
- You will be required to enter the account and routing number of your Netspend card. Enter these details correctly.
- Tap the ‘Continue button.
- Confirm that all the details are correct and move to the next step.
- Tap on the ‘Add Bank Account’ option, and you will have finished linking your Netspend account to PayPal.
Once you are done, you can go ahead and transfer funds from your Netspend card. Here, you should transfer an amount that is equal to or less than the balance you have on your Netspend account. The process will not take long, as the funds will reflect in your PayPal account shortly.
Thereafter, you can withdraw the funds from your PayPal account to the bank of your choice. However, there is a need for you to link that bank to your current PayPal account. To do this, here are the steps that you should follow:
- Log in to your PayPal account
- Once you do this, you will see many options on your screen, including the ‘Wallet’ option that is located at the top of the page. If you are using a smartphone to access PayPal, you can tap the ‘Menu’ option and then click the ‘Wallet’ option.
- Click the ‘Link a Bank account’ option.
- By clicking the option mentioned above, you will see an array of banks to choose from. Choose yours and then proceed. If you did not see the bank of your choice below, click the ‘Don’t see your bank?’ option and then continue.
- Finally, link your bank successfully.
Points to note :
When it comes to linking a bank account to PayPal, you are at liberty to either link your bank of choice instantly or manually. If you want to link your bank instantly, you should log in to your bank account and then authorize the entire process. In this case, PayPal will match the details of your account to those of your bank.
However, if you want to link your bank manually, you should first confirm your details so as to make the linking process successful. It is important to note that transferring money from PayPal to your bank may take about 3 to 5 business days.
2. Withdraw money at an ATM and then deposit it in the bank account
If the previous option does not work well for you, withdrawing money at an ATM and then depositing it in your bank account works magic. The process is also easy and straightforward. This is because Netspend allows its customers to withdraw money at an ATM and then deposit it in their respective bank accounts. As you purpose to make these withdrawals, be sure that you will incur a standard fee of $2.5 per ATM. However, you will not be charged anything if you withdraw Netspend card money from on-net ATMs.
3. Using Western Union you can transfer money from netspend to a bank account
For many years, Western Union has helped many people transfer money internationally. In fact, this platform is one of the best platforms as it works with Netspend and other money transfer platforms. Technically, you will be able to transfer money from Netspend to Western Union and vice versa, hassle-free.
If you are a Western Union member, you will be able to get a Western Union Netspend Prepaid MasterCard. Therefore, you will be able to transfer money from your Netspend card to Western Union and then finally transfer the money to your respective bank account. Here are the steps that you should follow for you to have a successful transaction:
- First and foremost, you should sign up with Western Union and get a free account. After that, verify the account using valid and original documents such as your driver’s license, government-issued ID, or any other legitimate identification document.
- Once you are done with the verification process, you can now start the transaction process. Here, you should enter the amount you want to transfer and your respective bank account.
- Key in the details of the receiving bank account
- After that, choose the payment method. In this case, you should opt for the ‘Pay with your Netspend card’ option.
- Confirm that all the details are correct and then send the money. In case you want to track the transaction’s progress, the MTCN tracking number is there to help you out.
4. Withdraw Netspend money at Walmart and deposit or transfer money to bank account
As we speak, you can now withdraw your money from your Netspend account at any Walmart center near you. However, when it comes to withdrawal charges, you can expect to incur a charge of $3.75 per withdrawal. It is imperative to note that there is a set limit for daily withdrawals. In a day, you are only allowed to withdraw up to $5000.
Unlike other stores, Walmart now allows customers to deposit money to their bank accounts directly. Once you withdraw money from your Netspend card, you can now go straight and deposit it in your respective bank account at the same center.
Better still, Walmart allows you to reload your Netspend card so that you can use it for transaction purposes. Here, you can talk to the attendants you will find at any store near you, present the money you have, and ask them to deposit money in your card immediately.
How can I top up my Netspend account?
If you want to top up your Netspend account, there are many methods you can consider. First, you can ask a friend who has a Netspend account to send money to your account. As long as you give the sender your name and FlashPay ID, be sure that the rest will be okay. You can also use your bank account to recharge your Netspend account.
Better still, you can use the ‘Mobile Check Load’ feature that comes with the Netspend app and then snap different checks. Later long, you will be able to make online deposits. Finally, you can transfer money from your PayPal account to your Netspend account seamlessly as these platforms work hand-in-hand.
Is getting a Netspend card difficult?
No. All you need to do is to visit the Netspend website and then fill in an online application form. Here, you need to enter your name, street address, date of birth, and other vital information as required. After that, you will be able to get a personalized card that can be used for shopping, paying bills, and so forth.
For optimal results, you should enter the correct street address so that your card can arrive at the right destination. You can expect to get your card between 7 and 10 days after placing your order.
How can I protect my Netspend card account?
Recently, cases of online fraud have been on the rise. To avert this, you should keep your account safe all the time. The good news is that there are many options to achieve this goal with NetSpend. First, you should always log out if you are using someone’s laptop or mobile device to access your account. Also, you should ensure that you avoid using public Wi-Fi at all times and instead use secure internet connections.
Also, you should not tell your PIN to someone else. In case you are suspicious that someone might be knowing your PIN, you can always change it on the go. Finally, in case you lose your card, contact the customer care representative immediately. Here, you can contact them on either 1-866-387-7363. Better still, you can log in to your account and notify them immediately.
Does Netspend give loans?
No. Instead, you can obtain a loan from other financial institutions and channel that money to your Netspend account with ease.
It is true to say that one can transfer money from Netspend to a bank account using the methods mentioned above. As seen, you can either use PayPal, Walmart stores, or through Western Union. However, the bottom line is that there is no direct way of moving money from Netspend to a bank account. Instead, indirect methods such as the ones we discussed above have proved to be a lifesaver for many people. Consider these methods, and you will have a hassle-free transaction.