Having a pet dog or a pet cat is a joy in any home. Pets bring happiness and teach responsibility to children. But a pet dog or cat is not as easy as it sounds because aside from caring for its needs, you also have to constantly clean up after it. This is why you need a powerful and efficient vacuum cleaner for pets and of all the brands in the market, Shark has the answer. This is a Shark pet hair vacuum review with five top models. Find out which Shark vacuum is the best for your home from our five cool choices your home needs to keep clean and safe for you and your pets.
Top 10 Best Shark Vacuum For Pet Hair
1. Shark Navigator Freestyle Upri0ght Stick Cordless Bagless Vacuum – SV1106
The Shark Navigator Freestyle is an upright stick vacuum cleaner model which makes laminate floors and stairs cleaning a breeze because it is lightweight and cordless. It has updated features and attachments that make these models a good one for your home.
Key features of the Shark Navigator Freestyle Upright Stick Cordless Bagless Vacuum – SV1106
- Rechargeable and cordless :This is a rechargeable pet vacuum cleaner model that will allow you to move throughout the house without relying on an electric outlet. It charges in just four hours and this may be enough power to clean a standard home.
- Lightweight model : The Shark Navigator Freestyle is lightweight therefore it may be used to clean hard to reach areas like the stairs, furniture, windows and more. And because it weighs less than conventional vacuum cleaners, you can clean your home without straining your arms and back.
- Comes with a battery pack : In some cordless vacuum models and brands, you need to pay extra for a battery pack. This Shark model comes with a battery pack so you don’t need to pay more to clean your home in a more efficient manner. Extra battery packs are available online or from a Shark vacuum cleaner local distributor.
- Large dust cup capacity : You can clean without interruptions because this vacuum has a large dust capacity. This comes with an extra-large dust cup that may only require emptying once you’re done cleaning your home.
- Lightweight, easy to carry
- Cordless model
- Easy to use controls
- Saves you money with a bagless design
- For carpeted floors and hardwood
- Efficiently cleans with a 2-speed brush roll
- High dust cup capacity
- Let’s you clean without interruptions
- Completely charges in just 4 hours
- Batteries will run out of power soon
- You will touch dirt to empty the dust cup
The Shark Navigator Freestyle is a cordless, bagless and lightweight vacuum cleaner that can be used on hard floors and carpeted floors. It comes with a strong motor, large dust cup and easy to use controls. It charges completely in less than five hours and because it’s lightweight, you can clean your home without breaking your back.
This vacuum cleaner is for people who don’t want to buy dust or vacuum bags however, you may end up touching dirt and dust when you empty the canister. And like other battery-operated equipment, batteries have a certain lifespan. It won’t be long when you need to recharge this model every so often.
2. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet – NV752
The Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away is an upright vacuum cleaner equipped with features which you may find handy in cleaning pet hair and messes.
Key features of the Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet – NV752
- The large capacity dirt canister : This vacuum cleaner comes with a large canister which can collect more dust and dirt so you can keep cleaning without any interruptions. The canister is Shark’s full-sized canister that lifts away when you want to detach it. But still, you will be left touching dirt and dust by the time you want to empty the canister.
- Can pick up dirt on any surface : You can remove fine dust and dirt and even stuck debris from any kind of floor. You can vacuum hard floors like wood, tile or cement or you can move to a carpeted floor in a press of a button. The brush roll continuously spins even when you lift the canister to empty it, for a deeper clean even on hard to reach areas.
- Allergy controls : If you or any member of your family has allergies then you need this vacuum to clean your home. It comes with an allergy seal and HEPA filters to collect 99% of the dust and allergens inside the dust canister.
- Easy to use controls : The controls are directly found on the handle, therefore, it’s easy to switch from a carpeted floor to a hard floor. This vacuum is not cordless so you need to carry around a heavy power cord along with the heavy vacuum body. Having controls within your reach will help you clean more efficiently.
- Save money on vacuum bags :The most costly part of owning a vacuum is having to buy vacuum bags again and again. But this vacuum does not use vacuum bags but instead, it has a large dust canister which will collect dust. When this is full, simply remove, empty and clean. The money you’ll save can be used to buy other items for your home.
- With full-sized canister
- Deep-cleans hard to reach places
- With strong vacuum power
- With continuously-spinning brush roll
- Picks up litter even on hard surfaces
- Removes stuck debris
- With Pet-Multi Tool
- With easy to use fingertip controls
- Switches from hard floors to carpets
- With Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology
- With HEPA filter
- Easy to remove dirt/dust canister
- Heavy to lift
- Not battery-powered
- You will touch the dust/dirt inside the canister
The Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away is an upright vacuum with pet-friendly features. It comes with a large dirt cup to clean your floors and surfaces without interruption; perfect for families with more than one pet. Your home will shine with its easy dirt and dust pick up, TruePet Motorized Brush plus Pet-Multi Tool pet hair cleaning device.
It is also for people with allergies. It has an anti-allergen seal plus a HEPA filter trap to collect all dust, dirt, and hair in your floors, sofas, curtains, and walls. And when the canister is full, you can remove and clean. But there are some flaws as well; it is a heavy vacuum and is not cordless so you might end up carrying a heavy vacuum up and downstairs and every room in your home.
3. Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright Corded Stick Vacuum
The Shark Rocket DeluxePro is a stick vacuum that is lightweight, easy to control and comes with pet hair cleaning features.
Key features of the Shark Rocket DeluxePro Ultra-Light Upright Corded Stick Vacuum
- Powerful motor, no loss of suction : This Shark vacuum never loses suction because of its powerful motor. It will clean almost everything that it passes from dirt, dust, hair, pieces of dog food and fur. You may use this to clean not just your floors but also the stairs and carpets and by attaching a special tool, you may clean curtains, ceilings, and windows without losing suction.
- 2-in-1 cleaning : Another good quality of this pet vacuum is that it can remove dirt easily from any surface. It can even suck up dirt without changing attachments. So from a carpeted floor to a hard floor, you can enjoy uninterrupted cleaning.
- Long power cord : This is an electric vacuum cleaner and comes with a long 50 feet cord. You won’t run out of power and there’s no need to recharge batteries again and again. But there are limitations of a corded vacuum as well. You need to carry a heavy cord everywhere and you can only go as far as the cord could take you. Plus, cleaning with a cord is a nuisance especially when you want to vacuum the stairs, furniture, and windows.
- Easy to clean and rinse : This vacuum is bagless so you’ll save money from buying vacuum bags again and again. It has a large dirt canister which is easy to clean. Just empty the cup, rinse and dry. When it’s dry, you can replace it back into the vacuum and you’re all set to clean again.
- With complete tools included : This vacuum comes with a number of pet-friendly attachments. It has a duster crevice tool to let you clean in between wood planks and tiles, stairs, cabinets, and windows. It has a pet multi-tool to remove hair and dander from floors and furniture. A Hard Floor Hero attachment lets you clean wood or natural stone floors easily.
- From stick vacuum to handheld : Finally, a feature you might not expect with a stick vacuum; the Rocket DeluxePro can instantly transform from a stick vacuum to a handheld model. Just detach the top part of the vacuum and you are ready to use it on car seats, sofas, beds and curtains.
- You’ll never lose suction
- With 2-in-one power, cleans hard floors and carpets
- The longer cord at 50 feet
- With included attachments
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Large dust cup
- May be used as a handheld vac
- Still limited by the length of the cord
- You might touch dirt and dust
- No HEPA filter
The Shark Rocket DeluxePro is lightweight and easy to use and It is an upright vacuum that easily transforms into a handheld vac in seconds. It has a powerful motor that delivers uninterrupted suction and it moves from carpets to hard floors in an instant.
Shark Rocket DeluxePro has a long cord but still, you are limited to how long it could take you. It is still a heavy model and therefore you might find it cumbersome to move from different areas of your home. It is bagless and just like other bagless models, you will end up touching your pet’s dirt and hair.
4. Shark Rocket DuoClean – HV382
The Shark Rocket DuoClean is a corded vacuum that can remove dirt and hair from carpets and hard floors. It is lightweight shark vacuum with a Pet Multi-Tool for easy pet hair capture.
Key features of the Shark Rocket DuoClean
- With DuoClean Technology : This vacuum comes with a bristle brush that will gently comb carpets and an additional soft brush roll that embraces dirt and hair so the vacuum can efficiently suck these up. This feature allows you to transition from the carpet to hard floors instantly.
- Lightweight to use : This is light to use therefore your back, shoulders and arms won’t feel strained especially when you need to clean your house from top to bottom.
- Converts to a hand vac : Just remove the canister on top and this instantly transforms into a versatile handheld tool. It will let you do above-floor cleaning on sofas, curtains, windows, and walls without any interruptions.
- With Pet-Multi Tool : The Pet Multi-Tool feature will let you capture all the hidden pet hair on carpets and floors. A wand release button found at the top of the wand handle will simply release the rest of the vacuum so you can use this as a handheld vac to spot clean hair fast.
- Complete attachments : No need to spend money on tools because this vacuum comes with a Pet Multi-Tool, a wall mount, storage hook, and crevice tool.
- With bristle brush for carpets and hard floors
- Cleans with a polished look
- Lightweight and easy to move anywhere
- Converts to a hand vac in seconds
- With Pet Multi-Tool
- Made from durable materials
- With built-in LED lights
- With complete attachments
- This is a corded vac
- Bagless so you’ll have to touch dirt when you empty the cup
The Shark Rocket DuoClean is a lightweight vacuum that ‘s bagless, corded and has unique features for efficient pet hair cleaning. It comes with a Pet Multi-Tool to instantly remove pet hair and dirt plus it has all the attachments you need to clean every part of your home.
However, this pet vac is corded and thus you are limited by the length of the cord. It is also bagless therefore you will still need to touch dirt and hair after you’re done the cleaning.
5. Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean – AZ1002
The Shark APEX Upright Vacuum comes with DuoClean which can remove dirt and pet hair from carpets and floors in an instant. Plus, with its attachments, you can clean almost any surface.
Key features of the Shark APEX Upright Vacuum with DuoClean – AZ1002
- DuoClean Technology : DuoClean Technology lets you clean your home without interruptions. You can clean from carpets to hard floors without pausing and the large canister takes a long time to fill which is why you’ll be able to get things done without touching the dirt.
- Power Lift-Away and Zero M Technologies : The Power Lift-Away lets you detach the canister from the vac so you can reach hard to reach areas like under furniture and high walls. The Zero M feature lets dirt come to you with the brush roll delivering uninterrupted hair removal.
- With allergen control features : If you have allergies and you can’t stand pet hair and dust, you can use this vac to remove all these quickly and store these inside a canister with an Advanced Anti-Allergen Complete Seal feature. A HEPA filter is found inside the vacuum which will remove dirt and hair plus other allergens so you won’t suffer from allergies when you empty the cup and clean the vac.
- Easy to use and maintain : This vacuum comes with controls that are built right on the handle. There’s no need to reach down just to power on or off the tool. You can detach the canister quickly and it will only take seconds to do so. Cleaning the canister is also easy because you just need to open the vac, remove the canister and remove the dirt. Wash the canister completely and allow to dry before replacing it inside the vacuum.
- Cleans carpets and hard floors
- With Lift-Away and Zero-M technologies
- With self-cleaning brush roll
- Removable canister to extend the reach
- With Anti-Allergen Complete Seal Technology
- With HEPA filter
- Corded vacuum
- You’ll end up touching dirt when you empty the cup
The Shark APEX Upright Vacuum comes with DuoClean to let you quickly move from carpets to hard floors. You can also pick up fine dirt and hair plus other messes that your pet will make because of its Zero-M anti-hair wrap and the Power Lift-Away features.
It can quickly transform from a stick vacuum to a handheld vac in an instant. With a handheld model, you can clean anything above the floor like your bed, sofa and anywhere your pet has been. It also comes with complete attachments so you don’t need to spend more money on tools.
But just like other bagless and corded vacs, you are limited to the length of your electric cords. You may have to touch dirt too since you need to remove the dirt cup from the machine.
6. Shark ION Robot Vacuum R85 WiFi-Connected with Powerful Suction
This R85 robot vacuum gives you a constant clean state with its extra-large dust cup and three times the suction of R75 model.
Key Features of the SHARK ION Robot Vacuum R85 WiFi-Connected with Powerful Suction
- Smart Sensor Navigation 2.0 : This vacuum cleaning robot utilizes smart sensor navigation 2.0 for enhanced sensitivity to objects and obstacles. The feature also helps to prevent the robot from getting stuck in order to complete the cleaning job without human intervention.
- Powerful suction : In comparison to the earlier R75 model of Shark ION robot vacuum, the R85 comes with greater power delivering three times suction in maximum mode.
- XL dust cup : This version of Shark ION robot vacuum features an extra-large dust cup. This means the gadget can clean for longer without the need to empty it. Besides collecting and holding more dirt, the Shark Ion makes it easy to review and dump the debris out
- Dual-brush edge & corner cleaning : Its dual spinning brushes and straight motion make the Shark Ion R85 a powerful cleaning tool. The device can pull in dirt from edges and corners while moving straight ahead.
- Designed for homes with pets : Shark vacuum has a self-cleaning brush roll ideal for dust, dander and pet hair. You do not have to worry about the dirt reducing the effectiveness of your small vacuum cleaning machine.
- Three power levels for cleaning
- Access remotely with Alexa
- Available in double side brushes
- Massive capacity
- Easy to dump
- Straight instead of circular motion makes it predictable
- Noisier compared to Roomba
- Control from the app not as effective
- Lacks a handle by which to carry it
If you are looking for greater cleaning and the best remote functionality, you can’t get it better than the R85 at its price point. Furthermore, this gadget has a physical strip in the place of a lighthouse style barrier. This strip offers more durability for your Shark Ion.
7. Shark Pet-Perfect II Hand Vacuum (SV780)
Pet hair will not stand a chance on your upholstery with this Shark pet perfect II hand vacuum cleaner.
Features of the Shark Pet-Perfect II Hand Vacuum (SV780)
- TruePet Motorized Pet Brush : The TruePet motorized pet brush is the one striking feature among most pet owners. It is made to provide high-quality performance when getting rid of pet hair and dirt. The motorized pet brush is particularly great with surfaces like carpeted stairs, upholstery pieces, as well as carpets. The long and stiff brush bristles allow for deeper cleaning of fabrics.
- Twister Cyclonic Technology : Among the various features of the Shark pet perfect II hand vacuum cleaner, the twister cyclonic technology is outstanding. It functions by ensuring that dirt and hair do not accumulate at the filter’s opening. Therefore, this device can deliver stable and strong suction all through the cleaning process.
- Powerful Cordless Vacuum : In spite of this Pet Perfect II model being a cordless vacuum, it still comes with adequate suction power to effectively remove pet hair, especially when dealing with upholstery and carpets.
- Great Battery Life : The device has an 18V nickel-cadmium rechargeable battery powering its functions. Although the battery takes approximately six hours to charge, you can expect it to effectively, perform the cleaning tasks ahead of you. Moreover, you can avoid the hassle that normally comes with corded models. This makes it easy for you to clean all hard to reach areas without difficulty.
- Three Attached Features : This model comes with a crevice tool, a motorized brush tool, and a brush tool as standard accessories designed to deal with pet hair. While getting only three accessories might seem skimpy, it is still a great offer for its price range.
- Effective on all kinds of surfaces
- Offers thorough cleaning of upholstery and carpets
- The motorized pet brush is ideal for removing pet hair
- Comes with robust and steady suction
- Small, hence easy to store
- Easy to empty and keep clean
- Replaceable removable batteries
- No hassles with power cords
- Long charging time in comparison with the running time it provides
- Does not have HEPA filtration
- Crevice tool is a bit short for its functions
- Lacks a swivel head
This Shark pet perfect II hand vacuum offers a great alternative for pet owners in need of an affordable handheld vacuum without a cord that can effectively remove pet hair. However, you’ll have to keep in mind that this model cannot replace the stick vacuum because of poor reach.
8. Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vac (HV292)
This Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vacuum (HV292) features a strong suction suitable for car interiors, floor surfaces, or vacuum stairs.
Features of the Shark Rocket Corded Hand Vacuum (HV292)
- Sound Suction Technology : The corded vacuum by Shark has a great suction power just like other models from the same manufacturer. It comes with a 400-watt motor to offer sufficient cleaning power.
- Motorized Brush : When it comes to carpeted stair cleaning, nothing can beat this motorized brush. In addition, it provides deep cleaning for furniture and upholstery. The extra crevice tool is equally nice for the stair-gaps.
- Lightweight and Portable : The Shark Rocket corded hand vacuum is lightweight, portable, comfortable, and easy to maneuver. This makes the device ideal for cleaning hard to reach areas.
- Power Cord : The machine carries a 15 feet long power cable. This is a short cable that might force you to use extension cables for reachability.
- Comes with a 12-inch crevice tool and dusting brush
- Simple and easy to organize
- Great suction power
- Motorized brush for vacuuming any kind of mess in the home
- Extended reach stretch hose to clean tight spaces
- The handle is at the end of the device
- Short hose
- Only 1-year warranty
Apart from a few drawbacks, this device is the perfect choice for tackling dust, hair, and dirt on carpeted stairs. It also provides incredible power levels for a handheld model.
9. Shark IONFlex 2x DuoClean
The Shark IONFlex 2x DuoClean features a potent cordless stick vacuum carrying multiple brushrolls, some cleaning modes, as well as excellent maneuverability.
Features of the Shark IONFlex 2x DuoClean
- DuoClean : The device features SharkNinja DuoClean cleaners with rotating soft brushes to enable grabbing of dust particles and relaying them to the suction spout. The rotating brush runs on the surface to yield deeper cleaning effect.
- LED Headlights : Among the most remarkable features of this vacuum cleaner are the LED headlights. You no longer have to worry about poorly lit areas like your basement since these lights make it easier to spot debris.
- Multi-Flex : Although the majority of the vacuum cleaners come without an adjustable cable, the IONFlex carries a wand that you can fold. You can now easily clean under the furniture without losing an upright posture by just forward-folding the wand.
- Smart Response Technology : The device features LED displays and button inconvenient places. This technology enables users to easily, select the various settings and modes just by using your thumb. You do not have to engage your free arm to adjust power settings when cleaning.
- The adjustable extension is highly suitable for tight spaces
- DuoClean brush roll for a great cleaning experience
- Additional battery pack for extended run-time
- LED headlights ideal for dark areas
- Multiple cleaning modes meaning it is an all-round cleaning tool
- No HEPA
- Small dust container
The Shark IONFlex DuoClean carries some exceptional features. Bearing in mind that it is half the price of its competing models, you’ll find this cordless model a great choice.
10. Shark Cordless Pet Perfect Lithium-Ion (LV801) Handheld Vacuum
This Shark Cordless Pet Perfect Lithium-Ion vacuum (Black) features a flexible powered brush to completely eradicate pet hair and dirt from seats, carpet car mats, and upholstery. The vacuum cleaner has a weight of 2.48 pounds. Despite its tiny size, it has a strong suction power due to Twister suction technology. It contains a maneuverable Powered Pet Brush that can handle seats, car marts, carpets, and upholstery.
- Weighs Less:Its weight means you can access hard-to-reach zones with minimum effort.
- Good Grip: The handle bar has a nice grip that ensures you won’t drop down the device when cleaning.
- Amazing Battery Life: It takes less time to charge as well as holding charge for long.
- Maintenance Technology: The amount of hair it picks up cannot affect it because it’s able to remove everything, even the ones that stick on the surface.
- Lack of a Charging Stand: This means that you cannot use it to clean while charging. In case its power runs out, you have to leave it to charge before resuming with cleaning.
- Bright Light: The bright light it releases can be too bright to bear for some people.
How To Choose The Best Shark Vacuum For Pet Hair
Before we check out our five picks, let’s first learn how to correctly select the ideal Shark vacuum cleaner. Shark has top of the line features that your home needs to keep clean and safe for you and your pets. Remember the following when choosing the right Shark
- Consider your home’s flooring : For homes with hardwood or tiles, you need a vacuum with good power to remove dirt and fur that may be trapped in between tiles and wooden planks. For carpeted floors, a vacuum with strong suction and a rotating brush is necessary. For homes with stairs, a lightweight vacuum with stair cleaning attachments is essential.
- Consider the kind of pet you have Some pets are heavy shedders like poodles, terriers and Shih Tzus for dogs and Persians, Siberians and Himalayans for cats. You need a strong vacuum for these kinds of pets. If you don’t want to clean and vacuum every now and then, consider a pet that sheds very little.
- Consider the type of vacuum cleaner : Shark has a wide variety of pet vacuum cleaners: there are upright vacuums for carpets, wood, and tile. This type of vacuum is the most common with different attachments that can clean furniture, windows, walls, and blinds. Canister vacuum cleaners are for hard surfaces as well as carpets. These are handy, easy to carry and can suck up fur in one sweep. Meanwhile, stick vacuum cleaners are lightweight, easy to operate and has a lot of features but will not work as well as upright and canister models. Although not a part of our review, Shark also has robotic vacuums and handheld vacuums. These models are easy to operate, efficient but not as powerful as other Shark vacuum models when it comes to cleaning pet hair and dirt.
- Important vacuum cleaner features : Consider bagless vacuum cleaners if you don’t want to spend money on vacuum cleaner bags. If you have allergies to pet fur and dander, a model with HEPA filters should be your choice. Finally, consider a model with a brush agitator to easily pullout dirt from carpets. This is a good feature especially if you have a high shedding pet.
The Shark Navigator Freestyle is our top choice for the best Shark vacuum for pet hair this year. It comes with impressive features that make it a good pet vac to own. It is cordless, bagless and lightweight vacuum cleaner for hard floors and carpeted floors.
Shark vacuum has a strong motor, a large dust cup and easy to use fingertip controls. It charges completely and will be ready in just five hours. It is one of the lightest vacuums so you can clean your home without breaking your back.
This vacuum cleaner may have a few flaws though. It is cordless, battery-operated so you’ll last only until your batteries have juice in them. It is bagless so you need to touch the dirt/dust cup to clean it.
But despite these disadvantages, we still recommend this pet vac. If you think that the Shark APEX Upright Vacuum is for you.