Many homeowners become confused when it comes to choosing the right vacuum for cleaning their laminate surface. This is because most of these vacuums are designed for carpets. What if you are having a laminate floor and you don’t want to leave it with scratches or damage their look? Well, don’t worry about a thing. We’ve got you covered. In our review, we put together a list of best vacuum for laminate floors.
What is the best vacuum for laminate floors?
Composite wood flooring materials have now become common in many homes due to the fact that they are cost-effective and only needs less maintenance. Some specially designed vacuum cleaners allow you to vacuum, mop, and dry your floor all at once. Some have even been designed for pet owners to enable them to clean pet hair, especially places where there are small kids. Kids are at risk of getting allergies if exposed to pet hair and dirt. This means that you need the best vacuum for hardwood floors and carpet.
What do you use to clean a laminate floor?
A good vacuum cleaner should keep your bare floor clean, looking good, and maintaining an attractive appearance for a long time. Some varieties have a specially shaped head for easier cleaning.
When choosing the best vacuum for laminate floors, compare them in terms of speed, filtration system, capacity, whether they can vacuum and wash at once, and whether corded or cordless. Through our extensive research, we are now able to recommend canister or stick type vacuum. These models are better than upright ones and perform extremely well.
Top 10 Best Vacuum for Laminate Floors
1. Hoover PowerBrush Wind Tunnel Cyclonic Upright Stick
It is arguably one of the best vacuum for laminate floors in terms of cleaning your laminate floor completely and thoroughly. It is very stylish, powerful, lightweight, and not very tall. This allows you to clean surfaces effortlessly and its swivel floor nozzle enables you to clean under furniture and other tight spaces with ease.
Some of its other great features are the ability to clean with and without water, this allows you to clean up both surface dirt and dried on stains, a huge cleaning path to save you time, and a bigger capacity to allow you to only empty it when the job is finished.
- Easy storage
- A long cord of about 20 foot
- Powered nozzle
- Powerful motor with 7.2 amps
- It’s lightweight. Which allows you to easily carry it around
- It has a low clearance head which allows you to clean under cabinets and furniture
- Large cleaning path
- Long power cord
- Its size and shape allows it to be stored almost everywhere
- Ability to switch brush roll off and on
- Ability to clean wet and dry
- Complex cleaning system
- Its suction is weaker compared to other stick vacuums
- Not perfect for cleaning apartments or large homes
- Its cord is not retractable making it time-consuming
2. Shark Rocket HV322 TruePet Vacuum cleaner
This is one of the best vacuum for Pet Hair. It’s a lightweight, powerful, and easy to carry. It is very suitable for cleaning large homes and apartments. You can use it in two different ways; when cleaning the whole floor, use it as an upright vacuum, when cleaning hard-to-reach areas or stairs, use it as a handheld model.
Another important feature is that it is straightforward and has only two mode switch. Meaning that you can use it without the brush or when the brush is turned on. This makes it easy to waft between the bare floors and carpeted areas. The only downside is its limited capacity which requires to be emptied more often but it’s easy to empty and go back and forth.
- Advanced swivel steering
- Hard Floor Hero for cleaning bare floor
- Handheld and upright vacuum cleaner
- Multi-floor cleaning with two modes which can be easily adjusted
- Pet Multi-Tool for catching pet hair on any surface
- Dust-Away Hard Floor Attachment for cleaning hard floors
- LED lights
- The double capacity dust cup
- 20-inch power cord
- It has a very powerful motor to clean up pet hair
- Easy to the empty dust cup
- Its ability to be used as a standup or handheld vacuum
- It has a longer power cord
- Limited capacity dustbin
3. Bissell PowerEdge 81L2A
This is best suited for those who have pets and hard floor areas. It specially designed head has the ability to suck small particles and dust without blowing them away. Its rubber attachments act like a magnet which enables it to suck pet hair with ease.
- Suitable for cleaning hard floors
- Power motor with 5 amps
- Weighs about 7.5 Ibs
- Cyclonic cleaning system
- 20-foot power chord
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver
- Allows you to easily clean around furniture legs with its swivel head
- The V shape foot captures larger debris into the center of the suction path, while the smaller debris is captured by the ends of the V head
- Designed with pet hair attracting rubber material placed underneath the device to catch more animal fur
- There is no hardwood broom or attachment needed
- Easily cleans low pile rugs
- The dirt cup makes it easy empty the dirt, so clean up is a breeze
- No attachments and tools included which makes it difficult to tackle areas like ceilings or drapes
- Difficult to use on stairs. While easy to carry, you’ll need to lift it up each step
4. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum
This is one of the high-performance premium stick vacuums available today. Its good suction power makes it one of the best vacuum for hardwood floors, and carpet. It also works well in tiles, laminate, and linoleum.
It’s very perfect in picking up small particles like sugar and coffee grinds that have been scattered on your floor. However, if you want to pick up larger debris, you’ll be forced to adjust the head to enable the clearance to suck the large particles.
It has indicators like bell and whistle to warn you when the filters need to be cleaned or your battery is running low. Its versatility allows the brush roll to be turned on and off which makes it convenient for cleaning chores.
- It has a switch that allows the brush roll to be turned on and off. Which makes it perfect for cleaning different flooring types
- It is a cordless vacuum with a rechargeable 18-volt Lithium-Ion battery.
- Its removable dust bin has a bottom release that allows you to empty the dirt to trash
- It has a washable filter
- Best vacuum for vinyl floors
- Lightweight (less than 8 lbs)
- Perfect on carpeting and bare floors
- Its suction power is perfect for both large and small particles
- Perfect for cleaning edges and can pick up particles and dirt on the first pass
- It’s a bagless vacuum and has an easy to clean dirt cup
- It’s a lot more expensive
- It’s not easy to use on stairs
- The not enough swivel in its head makes it less mobile compared to other similar models
- It comes with no attachments or hose
- Its cordless runtime doesn’t last more than 15 minutes
5. Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum 3684F w/ Pet Attachments
It has a small Pet Power Paw device that enables you to remove dander and fur from upholstery, carpeting or tight areas. It has the HEPA filtration which gets rid of unpleasant odor left by your pets. This improves the air quality and gets rid of unwanted dirt particles that can result in pollutants and allergens. Some of these outstanding features are what makes it the top 5 best vacuum for laminate floors.
- It has the Pet Power Paw or Pet attachments that help in removing hair and fur from your fabric and steps
- It has a 12 Amp power motor
- Its HEPA filtration system can remove up to 99% of pollutants and allergens
- It has a blower port
- It has a 20-ft power cord
- It has a small footprint that has a dimension of 17x9x11 inches
- It weighs about 8.6 pounds with an easy to carry handle
- It’s one of the best vacuum for vinyl floors, upholstery, hardwood floors, furniture, and other carpets
- It has a dual functionality meaning that it has a blower on one side and a vacuum on the other
- It has some features that help get rid of pet odors
- Most of it is made of plastic
- Suction settings are not automatic which means that you have to adjust it manually by rotating the ring which Is located near the handle.
- It is very easy to change the settings accidentally
6. Dyson V6 Cord-Free
It is cordless and one of the best vacuum for laminate floors. It’s lightweight, slim design, and Root Cyclone technology makes it an excellent addition. Its motor is more than three times faster than other motors. Its conductive carbon-fiber brushes prove that it is perfectly designed to remove fine dust particles on laminate floors.
- The bristles on its brush are safe to use on laminate and hardwood floors. This gives it an advantage over other suction-only vacuums.
- It’s cordless
- It has a 20-minutes battery runtime which is enough for many homeowners
- It has a wall-mounted recharging dock station which is good for storage, especially on a door inside of a closet.
- Very lightweight some as light as 4.1 lbs which make it easy to use
- It has a patented technology which prevents against choking from dust an dirt
- Gentle brush design which makes it the best vacuum for laminate floors and carpet
- Cordless for easy mobility
- The slim design which enables it to fit under furniture
- The technology behind Dyson V6 makes it one of the most expensive models, but its super-high-performance makes it worth the price. This is why we’ve chosen it as one of the best vacuum for laminate floors.
- Lack of attachment tools, however, they can be bought separately
- Its 20-minutes battery runtime is not perfect for larger homes
- It has a small dust cup. Meaning that you’ll have to empty it frequently
- It has to be docked in the rechargeable docking station which requires electricity
7. Electrolux Sanitaire Commercial Vacuum SC3683A
This commercial grade model is best suited to those with larger houses or needs stronger machines to help them with their cleaning workload. They are mostly used by companies offering cleaning services.
These models are perfect for more sensitive areas like fabrics and wooden surfaces. They are specially designed and offer a number of tools that can clean the dirt without scraping or damaging the protective surface. This is why we have chosen it as our top 7 best vacuum for laminate floors.
- They come with multiple attachments that include crevice tool, dusting brush, low pile carpets, and carpet cleaner
- Small compact design
- It has a power cord of about 20 foot
- It has a wide path of about 10 inches
- Very strong suction enough for commercial cleaning services and janitorial
- Perfect for hard flooring and bare surfaces like tiles, linoleum, and wood
- Shoulder strap to enable you to carry it more conveniently
- Sealed filtration system to prevent collected dirt from leaking back out
- The long telescopic wand that gives it a good adjustable length which makes it versatile
- Ability to accept HEPA filters which enhances better air quality
- It weighs about 10 Ibs which makes it easy for you to move between rooms
- It lacks automatic cord rewind
- Bagged vacuum. Meaning you’ll have to keep replacing the bag which is an extra cost
- Prolonged use can make the canister hot
8. Dyson V8 Absolute Vacuum Cleaner
This is another cordless vacuum and without a doubt one of the best vacuum for laminate floors. It is one of the lightest and most powerful vacuums available today. Its lightweight and cord-free nature make it ideal for cleaning each and every corner of your home. You can use it as an upright or handheld vacuum which is perfect for larger areas as well as small corners where the dust can gather.
Whether you suck up little or more dust, the built-in HEPA certified filter will catch and keep all the dirt and dust you pick up. Its downside is that the battery runtime can hardly last for 40 minutes during fade-free suction and only 7 minutes during maximum suction.
- Multi-floor capabilities which make it ideal for hard floor, low carpets, and area rugs
- HEPA filtration
- Standup or handheld vacuum cleaner
- It has a lithium battery
- Weighs about 5.75 Ibs
- Its charge type includes crevice tool, direct drive cleaner head, and a direct cord & plug which includes a fleecy soft roller.
- The battery runtime of up to 40 minutes during fade-free suction and 7 minutes during maximum suction
Comes with a 24-month warranty
- You can use it as a standup or handheld vacuum
- Lots of attachments
- It has a short battery runtime
9. Shark Rocket Ultra-Light Upright (HV321 and HV322)
It is considered by some as the overall best vacuum for laminate floors. It is a standup bagless vacuum with the ability to cover carpets and bare floors with as much as double the power of the original version. It is found in two versions of HV321 and HV322 with only a slight difference between them. The HV322 is ideal for pet owners or places with small kids who are at risk of allergens and pollutants, due to its extra brush designed for pet hair. Though they are exactly the same, HV321 is a lot more expensive and suitable for those without pets.
The microfibre pad and Hard Floor Genie makes it one of the best vacuum for laminate floors. This is because these attachments substitute for spinning brush, therefore, safeguarding your laminate floors. It’s important to know that microfiber pad works best when you push it in one direction and gets dirty quickly.
Shark rocket technology makes it had to lose suction and power. It has an extension wand which enables you to reach easily to high places or between tight spaces. Its swift release foot pedal allows you to make quick transitions when cleaning terrains or different areas.
One of its outstanding features is its ability to clean a variety of surfaces. It compares with other high-end products in terms of performance yet very economical.
Its downside is its small dust cup which fills up frequently. This means that when cleaning large rooms, you’ll have to empty it every now and then. The rocket lacks a HEPA filter which could easily affect some people.
- Very lightweight at only 8 Ibs and easy to maneuver
- It has amusing LED lights located on the nozzle and hand unit
- It has an advanced swivel steering
- It has numerous attachments which include the Hard Floor Genie, dusting brush, pet hair device (HV322),
- microfiber pad, crevice tool, and onboard storage clip.
- Lightweight. Which makes it easy to handle
- It is an upright vacuum and one of the easiest in terms of handling
- LED lights which enable you to see under the furniture
- Microfibre pad to allow you to sweep and wipe the floor
- It has a 32-foot long cord which allows for mobility during extended cleaning
- Perfect on low pile carpet
- HV322 version works well on pet hair
- It has a small dust cup which forces you to make many trips to empty it
- The brush fails occasionally and requires maintenance
- Lacks HEPA filter
- Microfiber pad gets dirty quickly which means you have to keep cleaning it after every few uses.
- It is slightly more expensive
10. ILIFE V5s Pro Robot Vacuum Mop Cleaner with Water Tank
It’s a robot vacuum and one of the best vacuum for laminate floors. This is best suited for those who are too busy and may not find enough time to clean. With this model, you don’t have to worry about your floor getting dirtier until you get time to clean it. This robotic vacuum can do all the dirty work for you as you take care of your other important businesses. However, this technological wonder may fail to clean up the hard-to-reach corners, forcing you to do it by yourself.
The amazing thing about it is its ability to mop and vacuum at once. This wonder vacuum cleans up all the stains on your floor living nothing to chance. After completing the work it goes back to its docking station where it automatically starts charging to be ready for the next task.
- Robot vacuum
- Powerful motor with a built-in max mode and pet hair technology
- Ability to vacuum, sweep, and wipe bare floors
- It has an advanced i-dropping technology that enables effective mopping
- It has a self-rescue technology and large road-rover wheels for uneven flooring
- Docks to its charging station and starts charging automatically
- It has a water tank for mopping
- It has a battery runtime of up to 140 min
- It has four cleaning modes which are auto clean, scheduling clean, spot clean, and edge clean
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Ability to work well on all floor types
- Has a long battery life
- Inability to clean the hard-to-reach corners
- It is not as powerful as other vacuum cleaners mentioned above
Important Factors to Consider
As you may know, there are key features to consider when choosing the best vacuum for laminate floors. Below are some guidelines to help you determine the right vacuum cleaner for you:
The Type of Vacuum
The first thing to know before you make a purchase is exactly what kind of vacuum will suit your flooring needs.
Below are some of the things to consider when choosing the best vacuum for laminate floors:
Upright: they are usually smaller. This enables them to clean tight corners. Their weight and size allow for easy mobility.
Bagged: a bagged vacuum is easy to clean but a bit expensive.
Bagless: a bagless vacuum is very hard to keep clean but a bit cheaper compared to the bagged one.
Canister: This is more powerful and has a bigger capacity than the upright one.
The Cleaning System
While the best vacuum for laminate floors will function well with some kind of suction, some models can steam the floors well. This cleaning method will suck up and brush up any loose particle or dirt. The downside is that this cleaning system cannot suck up any ground in or dried on stains. However, there are steam mops which can be used alternatively to suck up loose dirt and dried on stains.
Other important factors are:
- Brush type
- Cordless or corded
- Presence of pets
- Ease of maintenance
Through our comprehensive guide on the best vacuum for laminate floors, we hope that you’ll now be able to choose a specialized vacuum to clean your bare floors. As you’ve just discovered, many vacuum cleaners are specially designed to pick up grime and dirt from the carpeted area, and debris and dust from wooden floors.
The vacuums are able to do this by applying a combination of rotating brushes. This loosens the dirt and enables the canister to suck it up. However, when it comes to dried on or ground in type, it becomes a different case. And most of this kind of dirt is what you expect to find on hard surfaces like laminate.
The good news is that there are so many kinds of vacuum designed to loosen up all these stains. From spraying and washing to extra suction, these specially designed models will clean up the mess that would otherwise have been left behind by ordinary vacuum cleaners. Now that you know the best vacuum for laminate floors, It’s now your turn to decide and purchase the vacuum you’ve been dreaming about.