Complete Appliance Protection is a home warranty company which was first set up in Kansas in the year 1998. This company boasts of over twenty years of experience in offering home warranty plans in the United States. It is family-owned, and its headquarters are in St. Louis, Missouri. It has another branch in Toronto.
This warranty provider does not fall into the list of the worst home warranty companies. In fact, most of its customers have deemed it as one of the best home appliance warranty providers. This company offers a 24/7 customer service system, monthly coverage programs, and no exclusions for lack of maintenance. Typically, this home warranty provider pays for 100% of all the approved repairs and preventative maintenance.
Besides Complete Appliance, there are other home warranty companies which offer excellent service too. Here are four top-rated alternatives to Complete Protection Home Warranty.
Top 4 Home Warranty Companies
1. Select Home Warranty
There are many positive select home warranty reviews online. This company has a good track record. It offers competitive pricing. It was founded in 2011, and its headquarters are in Mahwah, New Jersey.
Main advantages of Select Home Warranty:
- 24/7 customer service system
- Free cancellation for the first thirty days
- Annual promotions
- Quick replacement payments
- Professional and highly skilled contractors
- Cheap plans, which are below $30 per month
2. Choice Home Warranty
Choice Home services clients from all parts of the United States, apart from California. This warranty provider will offer you comprehensive protection over most appliances in your home. It was set up eleven years ago. It is reputed to be one of the most affordable and reliable home insurance companies in America.
Main advantages of Choice Home Warranty:
- 24/7 customer service calls
- Failed repairs reservice
- Availability of emergency services
- Market veteran since it is an established and large firm
- 30 days free cancellation
3. Total Home Protection
Total Home Protection has two major plans of home warranty coverage; gold and platinum. The gold plan covers fifteen basic home appliances, including your plumbing system and your dishwasher. The platinum plan will give you complete coverage of your primary home systems such as your refrigerator, and your home heating and ventilation system.
The Main advantages of Total Home Protection Warranty:
- Two premium coverage plans
- 24/7 service calls
- Free cancellation within 30 days
- Excellent customer care service system
- Clear terms and conditions
- Availability of emergency services
4. First American Home Warranty
There are many First American Home Warranty reviews online. According to these reviews, First American Home provides quality warranty plans which have full coverage. This warranty provider has millions of customers and a huge contractor network. It offers both monthly and annual warranty plans.
Main advantages of First American Home Warranty
- 35+ years of experience
- Comprehensive plans
- Online homeowner center
- No coverage limits
- 24/7 claims service
Complete Protection Home Warranty
Amongst these four companies, Complete Home Warranty offers the best and most comprehensive warranty plans. Here is an unbiased review of this company;
Covered States : This warranty provider serves many homebuyers and homeowners in the United States. However, it does not cover Iowa, Wisconsin, Massachusetts, Washington, New York, North Carolina, Virginia, Utah, and Oregon.
Coverage : Complete Home Protection has the most effective coverage plans for homeowners who primarily want to protect their appliances. This company can also provide coverage for some specific home systems.
The main advantage of its coverage plans is that it does not have any deductibles. Most warranty companies have deductibles in their coverage plans. This is why Complete Appliance Protection is quite popular among many homeowners in America.
This company offers five different plans and two basic ones; the Systems Plan and the Appliance Plan. Furthermore, it has various combination plans like the Platinum Combo Plan, the Gold Combo Plan, and the Silver Combo Plan.
The cost of these plans usually ranges from $384 – $720. Sometimes, you can get optional coverage for around $48 – $240.
The Appliance Warranty Plan covers your main laundry and kitchen equipment. For example, it may cover your dryer and washer, refrigerator, oven, and dishwasher. Some add-on appliances to this plan include your wine refrigerator, trash compactor, fan, and microwave. The Systems Warranty Plan will provide coverage for your most basic home systems, including your water heater, air conditioner, and furnace.
The Combo Plan has combined various service items. The Silver Combo Plan is more expensive when compared to the Appliance Plan and cheaper than the Systems Plan. This plan mainly covers for your water heater, oven, and dishwasher.
The Gold Combo Plan covers for more items, including your oven, water heater, dryer and washer, refrigerator, and dishwasher. This plan goes for $600, and it may be more expensive when compared to similar plans from other home warranty providers. For example, a matching plan of Select Home costs $530 while that of First American is $468.
The most comprehensive plan offered by Complete Protection Home Warranty is the Platinum Combo Plan. This plan combines all the previously mentioned plans, and it covers many home appliances and systems. The cost of this Platinum Plan is $720. Here is a summary of their coverage plans;
- Silver Appliance Plan: $384
- Silver Systems Plan: $408
- Silver Combo Plan: $400
- Gold Combo Plan: $600
- Platinum Combo Plan: $720
This company can also provide you optional coverage for your fans, tanks, wine cooler, well pump, pool heater, and septic tank. Unlike other warranty companies, Complete Appliance will cover for both the interior and exterior parts of your appliances and home systems. However, it will not cover for the faucets, water softeners, and shower heads of your home’s plumbing system.
Trustworthiness : Due to the existence of many fraudulent home warranty providers, you may find it difficult to trust this company. Complete Home Protection is one of the most legitimate warranty providers.
Since when it was founded in 1998; Complete Appliance has gained a reputable position in the home insurance market. Its current Vice President is Andrea Worley. Its full contact information and physical address are well displayed on its official home page.
Should you have any disputes with this company, the Texas Real Estate Commission will step in to help you solve them. Up to date, Complete Appliance Protection has 2.2 million customers and 44,000 independent contractors. This provider has employed qualified technicians, and you can even opt to hire your own personal contractor whom you trust.
Reputation : Complete Protection Home Warranty is BBB accredited. Moreover, it has won several awards due to its excellent services. For instance, it was given the Angie’s List Super Service Award twice.
It has also won the Best of Kudzu Awards in the years 2012 and 2014. Undoubtedly, these awards have enhanced this company’s excellent reputation. Complete Appliance Protection has a five-star rating on Yelp and a 4.9 rating on Google Reviews.
According to data from customer feedback, this company is famous due to various reasons. Some of these reasons include good communication, fast work, trustworthiness, hiring of professional contractors, and delivering high-quality equipment after replacement and repairs.
The Terms and Conditions of Complete Protection Home Warranty
Complete Appliance Protection will start providing you coverage immediately after thirty days when you have signed up. If you would like to cancel your contract with them, you will have to pay a cancellation fee of $25.
This company will renew your policies automatically, but you may apply for cancellation of automatic renewal within 30 days. The technicians of Complete Appliance are usually available in case of any emergencies. This warranty provider also has a 24/7, reliable customer care service system.
Before this company decides whether to replace or repair your faulty equipment, it will examine its history and the technician’s recommendations. However, Coverage Home Protection has a limit of $1000 for electrical wiring, septic, and in-bound water pipes.
In case you possess more than one appliance listed in the coverage plan, you will have to pay some extra fees. Furthermore, you will have to pay an additional $5 fee every month for each rented appliance you use in your home. Also, before you cover your home equipment, you must ensure that they are in the proper working condition. However, Complete Appliance will not reject your claim due to pre-existing conditions, lack of maintenance, and rust.
The Pros and Cons of Complete Appliance Home Protection
Here is a quick overview of the pros and cons of Complete Protection Home Warranty;
No deductible :
- This company will pay for all your equipment repair costs without charging you any service fee. Furthermore, you can select your personal licensed contractors to work on your equipment. However, it has a limit of up to $1000 for each repair of a particular item done within one year.
No exclusions on pre-existing conditions:
- Complete Appliance will cover for all the unknown pre-existing conditions, including rust and lack of maintenance. This company also provides for warranty protection on the interior parts of your home appliances.
Appliance replacement and reimbursement :
- This home warranty provider will reimburse you if you have any equipment which cannot be fixed through repair. It has a list on its official website which sets out the exact amount it will pay for each replaceable home appliance item. Complete Protection Warranty will reimburse you up to $500 to cover for your equipment replacement costs.
Strong social media presence :
- This company has a strong social media presence. It runs various social media accounts such as Twitter and Facebook. Moreover, you can find many reviews about the company from its verified customers online.
Availability of different plan types :
- As illustrated earlier, Complete Appliance Protection offers different plans. These plans are affordable, and you can customize them too depending on the specific home appliances which you would like to cover.
Low cancellation fees :
- You can decide to cancel the contract if you are not impressed with the services of this company. Its cancellation fee is just $25. Other home warranty companies such as Select Home have high cancellation fees which may reach up to $75.
Fair compensation :
- This company will compensate you fully in instances where your home appliance or home system gets faulty. Unlike other warranty providers, it does not choose the specific parts to cover in your home equipment. Also, it will conduct a thorough maintenance check on your appliances annually.
No mobile app: Complete Protection Home Warranty :
- has not developed any mobile app. Most customers prefer using mobile apps since they make it quite easier to file claims and make payments.
Warranty restrictions :
- This warranty provider does not provide coverage on some particular items. According to its official website, its policies do not cover for roof repair, humidifiers, garage door openers, sprinkler systems, ductwork, spa tubs, among others.
No online chat support system :
- Its corporate website does not have a chat support system. Some customers may find it challenging to navigate through its website when applying for warranty coverage and filing claims. This is because there is no online chat agent who is there to guide them.
Limited plan term options :
- Complete Home Protection has only monthly plans. If you are looking for a warranty provider that offers annual plans, then this company may not be the best fit for you.
Bottom Line: Is Complete Protection Home Warranty Good?
Complete Appliance has been servicing most homes in the United States for more than twenty years. Many American homeowners prefer using this company to cover for their expensive and delicate home equipment. It has earned a solid reputation despite the high competitiveness of other similar warranty providers.
It has clear terms, and it offers seemingly unusual options to its customers, such as no deductibles and an annual maintenance check. However, its coverage is limited to only some few specific home items.
Complete Appliance can be an excellent choice for homeowners who are interested in protecting their appliances. However, since it has attractive plans and professional technicians; most realtors are now seeking its services. If you believe that Complete Protection Home Warranty is the most appropriate choice for you. Go ahead and sign up today!