Tiles are versatile, attractive flooring materials that need regular cleaning to keep them sparkling clean. The popular ceramic and porcelain tiles are easy to maintain and can handle most cleaning agents and do not scratch easily. However, they can hide germs and dirt, which makes scrubbing and sanitizing an essential part of their cleaning. Other types of tile flooring like natural stones and marble flooring have more a breathtaking appeal, but they also need a lot of upkeep to maintain their shine and beauty.
You should never use a rough broom to clean your tiles. Instead, you should look for a soft-bristled tile floor cleaning machine to keep your home floor clean and attractive. With endless options available in the market, you should look for a lightweight model to maneuver. The best tile cleaning machine should also offer additional features like sensitization. This guide reviews some of the best tools that provide more than the basic tile cleaning features.
Top Cleaning Machines To Keep Your Home Floor Shinning
1. Bissell – PowerFlesh Steam Mop Tile Floor Cleaner
Featuring a microfiber soft pad, scrubby pad, and a carpet glider, the 1940 Bissel model is a multiple purpose cleaning that not only cleans hard floors but also sanitizes them without the use of chemicals. The unit also comes with a flip-down natural scrubber that lets it power through tough and sticky messes. It has three steam settings of high, low, and medium that let you customize the performance based on your floor needs. The PowerFlesh Bissell model is easy to use thanks to a 23-foot power cord and swivel steering. It is a good choice if you are looking for a model that can help you quickly eliminate 99.9-percent of germs and bacteria using steam as well as remove dried-on messes. Beyond cleaning and sanitizing your home, you can insert a spring breeze fragrance disc to enjoy a fresh scent as you steam clean your floor.
- Swivel steering
- Microfiber scrubby pad
- 23-foot power cord
- Fragrance discs
- Microfiber soft pad
- Three power steam controls
- It cleans and sanitizes hard floors with power steam
- It is easy to use
- It helps to add a fresh scent to your home
- It requires care when handling
2. PurSteam – 10-in-1 ThermaPro Steam Mop Cleaner
If you have different types of floorings in your home, the 10-in-1 ThermaPro is a functional floor cleaning machine for floor with varying needs of cleaning. It is a handy multipurpose steam mop that will leave your hardwood and vinyl floors looking and feeling fresh. It the perfect purchase if you are looking for a versatile unit that can help you clean tiles and keep your carpets fresh. You can use the detachable handheld unit as a glass and mirror cleaner, garment steamer, and steam cleaner. The model uses powerful steam to sanitize your floor, leaving your home fresh and tidy. The different accessories ensure even the hard to reach areas are sparkling clean and free of germs and bacteria.
- 5 ounce / 340ml reservoir
- Three adjustable steam modes
- Super-heated steam in 30 seconds
- It is safe for use in homes with children and pets
- It cleans multiple surfaces
- It is light and easy to use
- It has a grout cleaning tool
- The cleaning is a little small
- It lifts up off the floor as you pull
3. Bissell – 1806 Sapphire Powerfresh Deluxe
With a SpotBoost brush, the 1806 Bissell model is an easy to use tile floor cleaning machine that helps you scrub away dirt and sticky messes. The steam power keeps your home fresh by eliminating 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria. It is a value purchase if you have different floor settings as it can clean all hard floors, including ceramic and tiles, hardwood, linoleum, and granite, and marble floors. The unit further comes with a water cup that lets you conveniently fill the water tank. After using the cup, you will only need to attach it onto the handle for storage, ensuring that you will not misplace it. The swivel steering makes cleaning around and underneath furniture effortless. If you need a feeling of freshness in your home, you will only need to insert a fragrance disc into the unit’s tray. The unit further comes with washable scrubby and soft map pads.
- Washable scrubby and soft mop pads
- Spring breeze scent discs
- Power steam
- Easy to fill the tank with a filling cup
- It is to fill the tank with a measuring cup
- It is effortless to clean around and under furniture
- It only has low and high steam settings
4. Bissell – Lift-Off Pet Steam Mop
If you love pets, you will fall in love with the Lift-Off pet model. The 2-in-1 pet steam cleaner provides a safer and easier way to clean your pet messes on and above your floors. With this tile and grout cleaning machine, you no longer need to use harsh chemicals that can harm your pet. Furthermore, Bissell will donate $10 when you purchase the Lift-Off model. The model kit comes with additional tools that will not only help reach to clean areas, but also make cleaning more enjoyable. Things that come with this home cleaner include an attachable water cup, microfiber scrubby pad, microfiber soft pad, a microfiber towel, and odor eliminating fragrance discs. It also comes with a long 25 feet power cord and 13 tools with a tool bag to make your home cleaning effortless. Some of the handy tools in the kit include bristle scrub brushes, window squeegee tool, grout tool, extension hose, angle tool, fabric steamer, and flat scraping tool. You can customize your steam cleaning between high and low settings.
- Window squeegee tool
- Bristle scrub brushes
- Grout tool
- Fabric steamer
- Angle tool
- It helps you sanitize pet toys and pet carriers
- 13 tools let you clean every part of your home
- The long power cord lets you reach every section of your home
- You can only choose low or high steam settings
- The plastic around the steaming heat can get uncomfortably warm
Read Also: The 10 Best Handheld Vacuum For Pet Hair
5. Hoover – FH40160PC FloorMate Deluxe Cleaner
If you are struggling to find a tile floor cleaning machine that matches your extreme home cleaning needs, you should consider the FloorMate deluxe. It is the ultimate cleaner that leaves your floors dry and shinning with one motion. It cleans and suctions up the dirty water with one movement for quick cleaning. The cleaner uses a patented SpinScrub technology to clean your floors from all angles. The counter-rotating brushes ensure a safe, all-around deep cleaning for a sparkling floor. The dual tank technology leaves your floor shinning by keeping the dirty and clean water separately. If you encounter stubborn stains, you can use the clean boost control to apply extra detergent easily. Cleaning the cleaner is easy and hassle-free as brush, nozzle, and tanks can be effortlessly removed.
- Fingertip control
- Dual tanks
- Wash-dry mode
- It leaves your home sparkling clean with deep clean
- It is easy to clean and maintain
- It is easy to lift up and down the stairs
- It does not come with a sanitizer
6. Bagotte – Vacuum Cleaner with Self Charging
Designed with strong suction power and three brushes, this tile floor cleaning machine leaves your home tidy and flesh by effectively loosening, extracting, and vacuuming dust for a superior clean. The unit has two large wheels that enable it to navigate different floor settings with ease. With this Bogotta vacuum cleaner, you can have peace of mind knowing that it will move from your carpet to hard floor effortlessly for spotless cleaning. The smart infrared sensors increase its sensitivity to objects and obstacles, ensuring that you will always find a complete cleaning job. It can cross over barriers with a maximum height of 0.68 inches. It has a large dust box and a large capacity battery that gives you up to 100 minutes of carefree cleaning. You can use the intelligent schedule mode to schedule cleaning even when you are away.
- Intelligent schedule mode
- 6L large box
- 2600mAh battery
- Six cleaning modes
- It comes with six different cleaning modes
- It automatically recharges when the battery is low
- It is tranquil
- It has an anti-drop feature
- It is cordless
- It does not sanitize
7. Bissell – 1543A Symphony Cleaner
This Bissell cleaner lets you clean your home quickly thanks to its cleaning path of 11 inches. It not only cleans, but it also vacuums your floor at the same time. The natural steam cleaning helps you eliminate the use of harmful chemicals that can harm your pets by removing 99.9 percent of bacteria and germs. The unit features hands-free emptying technology letting you clean your home without getting your hands dirty. It also comes with dry-tank technology that keeps your dirt-tank completely dry for easy emptying. Other helpful features that come with this cleaner include odor eliminating scent discs, washable soft mop pad, and scrubby mop pad.
- Quick-release mop pad tray
- Dry-tank technology
- Cyclonic vacuum
- Steamboost tray
- It has a friendly non-messy dirt tank
- It is easy to empty the tank without getting your hands dirty
- It has a wide cleaning path
- You may have to purchase steam boost pads to clean pets mess
8. Bissell – 2252 Cleanview Upright Cleaner
With triple action brush roll and scatter-free technology, this 2252 Bissell model is a powerful tile floor cleaning machine for homes struggling with pet hair. The triple-action brush roll is a magical cleaning tool that loosens, lifts, and removes the embedded dirt and hair. It is a perfect edge-to-edge cleaner that picks hair from one edge of the roll brush to the other, ensuring that you do not have to clean the same place twice. It further comes with a stretch hose and other specialty tools to help you clean the hard-to-reach areas.
- Washable filter
- Edge-to-edge cleaning
- Triple action brush roll
- Specialty tools
- It easily maneuvers around obstacles
- It has a large dirt cup
- It has useful specialty hair removal tools
- It does not offer sanitization
9. Bissell – 2306A Crosswave Pet Pro Cleaner
If you have more than one pet, you may find that most cleaners are not empowered to deal with the excess hair and dirt. The 2306A Bissell model has a tangle-free brush roll that ensures that hair of up to 8 inches will wrap around the brush as you clean. Emptying the dirt is not messy thanks to a pet hair filter that separates the pet hair from other large debris. The model has two tanks that keep clean and dirty water separate for a sparkling clean.
- Two-tank technology
- Tangle-free brush roll
- Multi-surface cleaning
- Pet hair strainer
- It is not messy to empty debris
- It keeps pet hair from tangling
- You may experience dirt water leaks
10. Bissell – 2039A Spinwave Cleaner
The 2039A Bissell cleaner has robust, spinning mop pads that are tough on dirt but safe on hard floors. The on-demand spray keeps you in control of how much cleaning formula goes on the floor as you clean. The unit is lightweight and has a swivel steering that lets you clean along baseboards and around furniture trouble-free. The tank is easy to fill.
- Washable mop pads
- On-demand spray
- Quiet cleaning
- It is easy to maneuver around furniture
- It is durable and handy
- It works quietly
- On-demand spray requires care handling
- The 10 Best Vacuum for Laminate Floors
- How To Get Dog Hair Out Of Car Carpet
- Best Cordless Sticks Vacuum For Pet Hair
How to Choose the Best Tile Floor Cleaning Machine?
1. Consider the purpose of the cleaner
Different cleaners are designed to handle various tasks differently. Some have powerful suction power than others, which makes them perfect for homes that struggle with pet hair. Before you purchase a cleaner for your tiles, you should make sure that the machine can comfortably handle the dirt. If you have a pet, you should look for a unit with high suction power. It is beneficial to choose a multipurpose unit that offers deep cleaning.
2. Types of your tiles
Although some of the best tile and grout cleaners are perfect for all kinds of hard floors, you may find that some models are specialized to clean a specific tile floor. The best tile and grout cleaning machine for your home should be tough on stains and easy on your floor. If you choose the wrong unit for your tiles, you may end up scratching your floor.
3. Ease of use
The best cleaning tools make cleaning easy and enjoyable. Unfortunately, that cannot be said of every tile and grout cleaning machine in the market. The ideal tile floor cleaning machine depends on your personal preferences and tastes. You should make sure that you can comfortably handle the weight of the model. A lightweight model is preferable as you can quickly move it when necessary. If the unit is not lightweight, it should have functional wheels for easier portability.
4. Cleaning and maintenance
Depending on how frequent you will be using the machine to clean your home, you will be spending considerable time emptying the tanks. The best cleaning model should have large tanks. A large tank allows the unit to hold more dirt, reducing the number of times you will need to empty the cleaner. A big tank is helpful if the unit will be cleaning a large space or if your home has pets and children. In addition to the size of the reservoir, you should look for a unit that lets you quickly empty the tank. Some models have friendly dirt tanks that let you empty dirt without touching it. A top tile cleaner should not have a messy dirt emptying process. The unit should also be easy to clean after use. Units with removable parts are usually easy to clean.
5. Power source
Would you like a wireless or a corded unit? The power source of your model will determine the functionality and effectiveness of the cleaner. A wireless unit powers through a battery. It is best if your home electricity power cords are far apart. When choosing a battery-powered unit, you should ensure the battery can hold power long enough to finish cleaning. If you prefer a corded unit, you should look for a model with a long cord. Corded cleaners are usually more powerful.
6. Additional features
Some of the extra features you should look for when choosing the best tile floor cleaning machine for your home include:
- Continuous refill: A unit with a continuous refill feature means that you can add water while you are in the middle of your steam cleaning. A machine that supports continuous refill is better as you will continue cleaning immediately without waiting for the water to heat up.
- Heat-up time: You should look for a unit that does not have a long wait time. A unit that supports quick heating lets you clean up whenever there is a need. If stains spill on your floor, you can immediately clean up with a quick-heating up unit and, thus, keep your floor shining.
- Steam pressure: A unit with higher steam pressure is usually a sign of quality, but you should look for a model with consistent pressure.
The durability and appearance of your tiles largely depend on how well you take good care of them. Using the wrong cleaning machine or detergent can affect their appearance, making them dull. All units in this article are high-quality cleaners that will help prolong the durability and beauty of your tiles, but you should choose the one that meets your personal and home cleaning needs.