Vacuum cleaning your home daily if you live with pets is good to combat allergens, pet hair and potentially harmful bacteria. The correct and sure way of doing this is by finding the best cordless stick vacuum for pet hair. This equipment tackles floors and upholstery whilst giving you the much-needed flexibility to clean your pet’s favorite hangout spots.
Compared to corded vacuums, cordless vacuums are lightweight, making it easy to maneuver. However, regardless, they are available in various styles from robotic to stick that makes choosing the best product a challenging choice. Stick vacuums are best for cleaning high-traffic floors as most work with carpet and hardwood floors.
That said, cordless vacuums are not only the best handheld vacuum for pet hair of choice but also the best vacuum for laminate floors cleaning. To ease your search below is a roundup of the best cleaners in the market. We have personally tested these cordless vacuum cleaners and they worked for us. However, what worked for us might not work for you. Generally, the products reviewed below are the best in the market today, although some come with shortcomings. We advise you to select carefully in order to get what best suits you.
Top 5 Cordless Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Hair
1. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
The Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is an excellent mid-level cleaner with intriguing, useful features and attachments that makes it our top choice. To start off, the 2 in 1 design makes it a convenient and specialized tool that vacuums the house faster and fantastic choice for cleaning pet hair.
Performance : Being rated as the best vacuum cleaner for pet hair means that this unit comes with a lot of power. The Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner features WindTunnel technology that automatically switches from floor to carpet mode to optimize cleaning results on all surfaces. For above the floor cleaning, you can detach the handheld vacuum and use either of the tools available for this purpose.
The units extra-large cup, bottom release button and long-lasting lithium battery additionally makes this unit the best cordless handheld vacuum for pet hair. Once fully charged, the device provides 27 minutes of powerful cleaning. It also has headlights and broad vacuuming path to make the task comfortable.
Attachments : The unit comes with 6 smart attachments that make cleaning easy. The attachments include Pet upholstery tool, powered stair tool, reach wand tool, crevice tool, dusting brush and pivoting extension tool. As an addition, a handy wall mount provides convenient placement of the vacuum.
- Extra attachments
- Large dirt cup with bottom release system
- Long runtime
- Headlights add to its visibility
- Slight clogging problems
- Issues with the smartphone app
Warranty: 3 years
2. Tineco A11 Master Cordless Vacuum
The Tineco A11 Master Cordless Vacuum might not be a familiar brand but another good device to fit as second in our best vacuum cleaner for pet hair list. Manufacturers of this unit are a division of the Ecovas companies, which are well-known for manufacturing reliable robotic vacuums. With this, you already have an idea of what to expect from this unit.
- This vacuum produces up to 120W of power, making it probably among the few best cordless stick vacuum for pet hair that gives off such suction power. Combined with other functional attachments, this device offers incredible performance and impressive cleaning results.
- The unit comes with two interchangeable batteries that provide an excellent working runtime of 60 minutes. Using the device on MAX mode, however, reduces the runtime to 15 minutes. This is still impressive, taking into consideration the unit’s suction power.
- Two cleaning modes that make it versatile for use in different situations. The trigger mode picks up debris for instant cleaning while the continuous mode is good for house cleaning.
- It weighs approximately 2.68lbs without the attachments and wands and 5.5lbs with everything fixed. This makes it lightweight enough to handle pet hair cleaning.
- It comes with four attachments including the mini power brush, dusting brush, hair cleaning tool and crevice tool.
- The dirt cup has a capacity of 0.6 liters that makes it large enough to hold all the cleaned pet hair. Filtering is also excellent, thanks to the HEPA filtration system.
- Very lightweight
- Multiple accessories
- Two-power modes
- Long runtime period
- Inappropriate weight distribution
- Quite noisy
Warranty: 2 years
3. Onson Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The Onson Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is yet another worthy best cordless stick vacuum for pet hair. Like other cordless units, this device doesn’t have the inconvenient code that limits mobility. This inexpensive unit provides exemplary results compared to other vacuum devices of this price range.
- Exceptional cleaning power. The unit supports 150 watts of suction on its MAX mode. This sucks up dust and pet hair on hardwood floor within minutes.
- The cordless design makes the unit convenient. Even with this, it gives off 12Kpa of suction that ascertains a deep and thorough clean.
- The unit weighs less than 5lbs, making it easy to use for both high, low and hard-to-reach areas. It can also be used as a handheld device with Snap-on tools.
- Onson Cordless Vacuum Cleaner has a quick charging system. It takes approximately 5 hours to charge the unit fully.
- The detachable and washable filter makes it easy to clean after use.
- Two different brush heads
- Powerful suction
- Cordless cleaning
- Noise-free design
- Flimsy accessories
- Not perfect on carpet
Warranty: 2 years
4. Shark ION F80 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
The Shark ION F80 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is an overly functional and adaptable vacuum cleaner with excellent features. For starters, it comes with one of the longest runtimes and can move easily from the floor to carpet, providing an exceptional clean.
Long Runtime : The Shark ION F80 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner offers 80 minutes of runtime when both batteries are used consecutively. However, this time is measured when using the low suction mode, and without attachments. Adding tools and using the boost mode or vacuuming a relatively tough surface definitely affects runtime.
However, the interchangeable battery design makes it an exiting device. You can use one of the batteries while charging the other unit. Well, it can be a hassle switching the batteries but provides long periods of use.
Attachments : The DuoClean head is probably the best thing this unit has. It combines the soft brush often used for hard floors and stiff brush roll used for carpets as one tool. This eliminates the need to change the cleaning head with every floor materials. The fingertip controls also make it easy to change the speed of the brush rolls.
- Long runtime
- Easy to empty dirt cup
- Long warranty
- Two combined cleaning heads
- Free-standing storage
- Small dirt cup
- Other essential attachments require purchase
Warranty: 5 years
5. Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Stick Vacuum
The Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Stick Vacuum is also a powerful and very versatile stick vacuum that eliminates pet hair very well. The unit is quite similar to the F80 design but has less runtime, stronger suction and available at a lower price. It is a durable unit with various innovative features that makes cleaning tasks a breeze.
- The unit comes with the DuoClean vacuuming head that has two specialized brush rolls. Each of the brush rolls suits different surfaces. The soft brush is best for cleaning hard floors while the studier brush cleans carpets thoroughly.
- It also comes with the MultiFLEX technology that makes it possible to fold the wand into halves for compact storage and effortless under-furniture reach.
- The rechargeable and removable batteries provide an option of extending battery runtime to 44 minutes from 22 minutes.
- The Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Stick Vacuum comes with several warranties that include the DuoClean brush roll, wide upholstery tool, anti-allergen brush, duster crevice tool and dusting brush.
- Strong suction
- Fingertip controls
- Sufficient attachments
- Multiflex feature
- Lacks HEPA filter
- Small dirt cup
Warranty: 5 years
What To Look For
Stick vacuums are certainly practical and come in handy when vacuuming pet hair. However, there are some essential factors to look out for in a perfect pet hair vacuum. They include:
- Suction power – a vacuum with extreme suction power is ideal for cleaning carpets to the last fiber.
- Attachments – it is important to remember the items that are vital when picking up the pet hair. Most vacuums can clean dirt, sand, soil and dust but not pet hair. Their needle-like appearance makes it daunting to pick from carpet fabric and floors. Always find a unit with as much attachments as possible.
- Battery life – find a unit with long runtime to permit lengthy usage periods.
- Weight – getting a heavy unit will make it difficult to perform your cleaning tasks. Always prefer a light stick vacuum.
The Bottom Line
Pet hair is among the stubborn and persistent dirt to remove from homes. The never-ending supply, due to frequent shading from dogs and cats, makes it a necessity to have a reliable vacuum cleaner at home. Cordless stick vacuums are the best option due to their lightweight nature and versatility. They can also be converted to handheld vacuums with ease to work on any surface at home. They also remove other dirt, especially when coupled with various accessories.