Vacuum cleaning your home daily if you live with pets is good to combat allergens, pet hair and potentially harmful bacteria. The correct and sure way of doing this is by finding the best cordless stick vacuum for pet hair. This equipment tackles floors and upholstery whilst giving you the much-needed flexibility to clean your pet’s favorite hangout spots.
Compared to corded vacuums, cordless vacuums are lightweight, making it easy to maneuver. However, regardless, they are available in various styles from robotic to stick that makes choosing the best product a challenging choice. Stick vacuums are best for cleaning high-traffic floors as most work with carpet and hardwood floors.
That said, cordless vacuums are not only the best handheld vacuum for pet hair of choice but also the best vacuum for laminate floors cleaning. To ease your search below is a roundup of the best cleaners in the market. We have personally tested these cordless vacuum cleaners and they worked for us. However, what worked for us might not work for you. Generally, the products reviewed below are the best in the market today, although some come with shortcomings. We advise you to select carefully in order to get what best suits you.
Top 5 Cordless Vacuum Cleaners for Pet Hair
1. Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
The Hoover Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is an excellent mid-level cleaner with intriguing, useful features and attachments that makes it our top choice. To start off, the 2 in 1 design makes it a convenient and specialized tool that vacuums the house faster and fantastic choice for cleaning pet hair.
Warranty: 3 years
2. Tineco A11 Master Cordless Vacuum
The Tineco A11 Master Cordless Vacuum might not be a familiar brand but another good device to fit as second in our best vacuum cleaner for pet hair list. Manufacturers of this unit are a division of the Ecovas companies, which are well-known for manufacturing reliable robotic vacuums. With this, you already have an idea of what to expect from this unit.
- This vacuum produces up to 120W of power, making it probably among the few best cordless stick vacuum for pet hair that gives off such suction power. Combined with other functional attachments, this device offers incredible performance and impressive cleaning results.
- The unit comes with two interchangeable batteries that provide an excellent working runtime of 60 minutes. Using the device on MAX mode, however, reduces the runtime to 15 minutes. This is still impressive, taking into consideration the unit’s suction power.
- Two cleaning modes that make it versatile for use in different situations. The trigger mode picks up debris for instant cleaning while the continuous mode is good for house cleaning.
- It weighs approximately 2.68lbs without the attachments and wands and 5.5lbs with everything fixed. This makes it lightweight enough to handle pet hair cleaning.
- It comes with four attachments including the mini power brush, dusting brush, hair cleaning tool and crevice tool.
- The dirt cup has a capacity of 0.6 liters that makes it large enough to hold all the cleaned pet hair. Filtering is also excellent, thanks to the HEPA filtration system.
Warranty: 2 years
3. Onson Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The Onson Cordless Vacuum Cleaner is yet another worthy best cordless stick vacuum for pet hair. Like other cordless units, this device doesn’t have the inconvenient code that limits mobility. This inexpensive unit provides exemplary results compared to other vacuum devices of this price range.
Warranty: 2 years
4. Shark ION F80 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
The Shark ION F80 Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner is an overly functional and adaptable vacuum cleaner with excellent features. For starters, it comes with one of the longest runtimes and can move easily from the floor to carpet, providing an exceptional clean.
Warranty: 5 years
5. Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Stick Vacuum
The Shark IONFlex 2X DuoClean Cordless Stick Vacuum is also a powerful and very versatile stick vacuum that eliminates pet hair very well. The unit is quite similar to the F80 design but has less runtime, stronger suction and available at a lower price. It is a durable unit with various innovative features that makes cleaning tasks a breeze.
Warranty: 5 years
What To Look For
Stick vacuums are certainly practical and come in handy when vacuuming pet hair. However, there are some essential factors to look out for in a perfect pet hair vacuum. They include:
- Suction power – a vacuum with extreme suction power is ideal for cleaning carpets to the last fiber.
- Attachments – it is important to remember the items that are vital when picking up the pet hair. Most vacuums can clean dirt, sand, soil and dust but not pet hair. Their needle-like appearance makes it daunting to pick from carpet fabric and floors. Always find a unit with as much attachments as possible.
- Battery life – find a unit with long runtime to permit lengthy usage periods.
- Weight – getting a heavy unit will make it difficult to perform your cleaning tasks. Always prefer a light stick vacuum.
The Bottom Line
Pet hair is among the stubborn and persistent dirt to remove from homes. The never-ending supply, due to frequent shading from dogs and cats, makes it a necessity to have a reliable vacuum cleaner at home. Cordless stick vacuums are the best option due to their lightweight nature and versatility. They can also be converted to handheld vacuums with ease to work on any surface at home. They also remove other dirt, especially when coupled with various accessories.