An electric fireplace is an electric heater that operates like a fireplace burning wood, natural gas or coal. They are mostly placed in rooms to replace the convectional fires. Electric fireplaces run on the standard electrical outlets and can produce the most realistic electric fireplace flames with or without heat depending on the settings. They tend to heat rooms of up to 400 square feet and consume the power of 1.4 – 1.6 KW.
You don’t need a chimney or a vent when using an electric fireplace as it produces no smoke. This makes it suitable for the environment and affordable to install. Some electric fireplaces serve double functions and can be used as the best electric fireplace TV stand and heat the room as well.
Types of Electric Fireplaces
Electric fireplaces come in 5 different types;
- Wall-mounted – these are placed on walls the same way you would hang a picture or art. They come with screws, mounting brackets and mounting guide for easier installation. They are also easy to uninstall in case of relocation.
- Inserts – this is where you turn your existing gas or wood fireplace to an electric fireplace. There are two options; firebox inserts where you find the right size and plug into the existing fireplace, or electric log insert with built-in lights to create flame effects on the existing fireplace.
- With mantel – these are easy to set up. You set it up by arranging the mantel then insert into the fireplace.
- Freestanding – they can come as either stand-alone units or media cabinets. They are easy to move, takes up a little space, and has supplementary heat.
- Built-in – this requires you to create a niche on the wall where you will place the electric fireplace. It might require special carpentry skills hence the need to call a professional.
Benefits of Using an Electric Fireplace
These are some of the benefits of using electric fireplaces;
- Safe to use as they do not release harmful gas, neither does the metal or glass get hot when in use.
- Easy maintenance as the LED technology does not require regular checks.
- Efficient and cost-effective to use as the electric fireplace does not lose energy through vents and chimneys.
- Most electric fireplaces provide for remote control use hence convenient to control depending on your heating needs.
Tips on How to Choose an Electric Fireplace
Some of the factors that you need to look into when looking for an electric fireplace are;
- The size of your room will determine the size of the electric fireplace you buy.
- You need a fireplace that can match your home décor and style.
- The electric fireplace you purchase also depends on your budget.
- You should choose a fireplace that has secure installation options for you.
Top 10 Best Most Realistic Electric Fireplace for Home
These are the ten best electric fireplaces you can opt for;
1. Duraflame DF1021ARU
Looking to turn your existing fireplace into an exciting heating point? The Duraflame DF1021ARU is the best option to look for. You can easily install the LED log set into an existing fireplace and see it transformed into a beautiful dancing flame project with realistic embers.
The fire log set is made using an antique black finish grate and a rolling flame effect for both heat and non-heat effects. It can heat a room of 400 square and easy to control the remote from anywhere using the additional remote control.
2. Dimplex DF12309 Electric Fireplace Insert
This is the electric fireplace to go for when looking to add some ambiance to your existing fireplace. You don’t have to worry about changing your sockets as it can easily install on any standard household outlet. Weighing 34 lbs, the fireplace measures 25.5″ by 21″ by 13,” which makes it fit for any room. It also comes with a built-in heat control for even distribution of heat in a place, and you can easily control it using the additional remote control.
3. Touchstone Ivory Wall-Hanging Heated Electric Fireplace
This touchstone Ivory Wall-Hanging fireplace is the best option of having an elegant, modern fireplace that brings a touch of class to your room using a fireplace. This electric fireplace comes with artificial crystal hearth of realistic-looking flames to light up any room.
It comes with two heat options; high and low that you set depending on the environmental temperature, and heats a room of up to 400 feet. You can adjust the flames depending on your moods and lighting needs using the five different flame brightness settings.
You can use this 50-inch fireplace to compliment your décor by hanging it on the wall and run it without heat. It comes with a user guide, wall bracket, and LED bulbs that will help through the installation and usage stages.
4. PuraFlame Alice 68 inches Recessed Electric Fireplace
Produced by one of the leading electric fireplace manufacturers, PuraFlame Alice is the ultimate electric fireplace. It comes with 13 LED light color options and four flame colors. It has a large viewing area made of glass measuring 59 1/16inch by 11 1/4 inch. It also an air vent, and timer and thermostat for heat control. The temperature limit controller does not allow it to operate past the set heat limit.
5. R.W.FLAME 42” Electric Fireplace
Looking for an electric fireplace to conform with your moods? R.W.Flame is the best option as it comes with a range of flame option, heat intensity, and colors that you can set based on your mood. It includes a touch screen and remote control, and can efficiently operate on any 120V outlet.
6. Touchstone 80015 – Sideline Electric Fireplace
The Touchstone is one of the best electric fireplaces for commercial purposes. The 72-inch screen is installed in the wall to provide a large realistic looking smokeless flame. It is ideal for large room setups like basement walls, restaurants, meeting rooms, and big family homes. It comes with two heat setting sand five flame options, and can also operate without the heat.
It comes with all the installation hardware.
7. Touchstone 8001 – Onyx Electric Fireplace
Just like any other Touchstone electric fireplace, the 8001 is another exciting wall mounted electric fireplace that comes with a range of heat settings for your comfort. It comes with realistic-looking flames on a crystal heart or faux logs. The logs or hearth is set in a durable glass with a modern black finish, to add a cozy feeling to your room.
As the best electric fireplace heater, the Touchstone 8001 can heat a room of up to 400 square feet with control warmth for an ideal atmosphere. It has five flame brightness adjustment options and two heat settings for different heat needs. Its magnificent looks and dual-mode that allows it to operate heatlessly, make it work fine as part of the decor for any room.
It is easy to install even by a single person due to the lightweight of 46 pounds, and a step by step installation guide it comes with.
8. GMHome 70 Inches Wall Recessed Electric Fireplace
Looking to compliment your modern finishing with an equally great electric fireplace? GMHome packs impressive features that make it a gorgeous addition to your home. It comes with a realistic nine crystal flame effects for a cozy look and two heat options depending on the heating needs. It also has a timer setting that can run anything between 1 hour to 8 hours.
This electric fireplace includes a safety certification and easy-to-follow installation manual for easy setup.
9. Dimplex Revillusion 20-Inch Electric Fireplace Log Set
Dimplex Revillusion is the best electric fireplace insert you can use for your home heating needs. It comes with LED lighting effects and remote control for natural heating and flame adjustments.
10. Xbeauty 50” Electric Fireplace
The Xbeauty electric fireplace is an elegant addition to your room that you can hang using the included bracket or install as a recessed unit in your wall. Either way, it will still deliver the best heating for your needs due to the range of the adjustable heat settings. The flames are set on a crystal ember bed to produce the life like feeling. The variety of color, temperature, brightness, and heat settings also makes it perfect for any environmental condition.
To Sum it Up
The electric fireplace is a revolutionary improvement on the traditional furnaces that will keep getting more popular due to the convenience, ease of use, and affordability. Follow our guide for the best electric fireplace that suits your needs.