Fire pits are excellent for bonfires and nighttime social gatherings, including parties. Since ancient times, humans have always passed knowledge around fireplaces. Despite the advances in technology, it is still refreshing and captivating to have a gathering around a fireplace. While the traditional fireplaces only added warmth, today’s fire pits also offer functionality and beauty. They come with a wide array of options and sizes as well. You have an opportunity to choose between wood-burning fire pits, propane fire pits, realistic electric fireplace and a natural gas outdoor fireplace. These different types of fireplaces are further discussed below.
- Wood Burning Fireplaces: A wood burning fire pit offers the appeal and fun of a traditional fireplace, including the crackling logs, the scent, and a taste of wood-fired foods. They are highly attractive and functional as they help you extend the kitchen to your outdoors. However, you will have to clean the ashes and debris after using them.
- Electric Fireplaces: A realistic electric fireplace is a convenient, easy to use alternative for individuals without the chimney and other settings needed to install a traditional wooden fireplace. They come with useful features like sensors that allow them to maintain a set temperature. Although, despite their convenience and realistic flame, they lack the scent and aura of a real fire.
- Liquid Propane Fireplaces: A liquid propane fire pit table is a good alternative for individuals who need to heat larger spaces. They are hotter, inexpensive, and easy to install and refuel. However, they burn less cleanly than natural gas and require periodic refilling.
- Natural Gas Fireplaces: A natural gas fireplace is the best option for those who are looking to save on fuel costs. The natural gas is inexpensive and burns more cleanly than other fuel options. But, it is worth noting that an outdoor gas fire pit may require the installation of an additional gas line. They come in different features, sizes, and designs, giving you an endless list of options that you can choose for your home.
Is investing In a Natural Gas Outdoor Fireplace Worth the Cost?
Investing in an outdoor gas fireplace insert can be the best choice for some homeowners. They simulate the look of real wood without the hassles of sourcing wood. They feature a log that comes in a variety of styles and burner modules that create flames that dance and flicker with attractive golden hues. The best units recreate a realistic look of glowing embers underneath the logs. They are also safe. The top gas fire pits come with a sensor that turns off the burner if the oxygen level falls.
In this article, you will find a review of the best rated natural gas fireplaces that are also cost-friendly and safe to use. Keep reading.
Review of the Best 8 Natural Gas Outdoor Fireplace In 2020
1. Outland Firebowl 870 Portable Gas Fire Pit
- It has a total output of 58,000 BTU per hour
- It is spark-free
- Stainless steel burner and fasteners
- It weighs 22 lbs
- It is lightweight and portable
- It is an all-weather fire pit
- It is spark-free and safe to use in protected areas
- It does not come with a carry bag
- A natural gas conversion kit is sold separately
Outland fire bowl 870 is a mark of functionality and quality. It features high-quality steel construction and an enamel finish with protective powder coating for enhanced durability. It is built to handle most knocks common during transportation, which makes it a perfect camping tool. It also comes with stainless-steel burner and fasteners, ensuring that you will not be regularly spending money to buy replacements. The unit offers a fantastic output of 58,000 BTU per hour. It has a stunning chrome valve knob that lets you easily adjust the height of the flame to suit your needs.
The 870 Outland is also attractive. It comes with a 4.4 lb natural lava rock set that is pleasing to the eye, enhancing the flickering effect of your fire. The set further comes with a propane tank stabilizer ring and 10-inch pre-attached hose with a regulator, ensuring that your propane tank is not only out of sight but also safe. The fire pit only weighs 22 lbs, which makes it lightweight for outdoor activities. It comes with a cover and a carry kit to protect the unit from outdoor elements.
2. Best Choice Products Outdoor Wicker Propane Fire Pit Table
- It delivers 50,000 BTU
- It has a glass wind guard
- It has a pullout gas tank holder
- Weather-resistant wicker
- It has a functional wind guard that adds appeal while keeping the fire burning in a breeze
- It offers an extension tablespace
- It comes with a weather-resistant cover
- It hides away tank holder
- It does not have replacement parts
The Outdoor Wicker fire pit by Best Choice is elegant outdoor furniture that offers a perfect combination of functionality and style on your patio. An aluminum tabletop and an attractive wicker design offer an eye-pleasing focal point that complements your outdoor décor. The unit features a glass wind guard that keeps your fire going while enhancing the appeal of the frame. The wind guard offers an attractive view of the flame while keeping the fire burning even during a breeze.
The Wicker gas fire pit table comes with a convenient tank holder that keeps the gas tank out of sight. It works with a 20-pound propane tank delivering 50,000 BTU. It is convenient and flexible to accommodate other outdoor functions. For extra table space, you should remove the wind guard and place a lid over the pit for an additional space that you can use to hold drinks and food for an outdoor family gathering. The unit further comes with high-quality, weather-resistant wicker that is woven over an aluminum frame enabling it to withstand the harsh weather elements.
3. Giantex Gas Fire Pit Table
- Natural stone rocks
- Stainless steel fire pit inner part
- Environmentally friendly volcanic stone
- Maximum output of 40,000 BTUs
- 10-ft gas pipe
- It has a long gas pipe
- It is highly attractive
- It comes with a dust cover
- The volcanic stones can affect the fire pit normal use
If you are looking for an attractive, yet functional propane gas fire pit, the Giantex gas fire pit table is a beauty to behold. It features magnesia simulated stone that is highly realistic and clearly distinguishable by naked eyes. It not only offers heat, but the lovely design provides a decorative aspect in your garden. The inner part is built of stainless steel, enhancing the durability of the fire pit. The unit comes with functional volcanic stones that you can use to prevent the flame from burning too much.
The Giantex Outdoor fire pit is not only stylish, but it is also durable. It is carefully designed from quality materials for enhanced durability. It weighs about 40 lbs and has the capacity to deliver an output of 40,000 BTUs. The unit comes with a long gas pipe of about 10 ft enabling you to keep the gas tank in a safe distance. Attached to it is a useful dust protector keeping the dust away from the unit when not in use. An included battery saves you the time you could have used to purchase separately.
4. Legacy Heating Aluminum Rectangular Gas Fire Pit
- Stainless steel burner
- Extruded aluminum construction
- Lava glass
- Table lid
- 50,000 BTUs
- It functions as a fire pit and a dining set table
- It has a weather protection cover
- It is highly durable.
- The paint can come off if left outside for long
This Legacy heating aluminum fire pit is a highly functional unit that offers 50,000 BTUs. It is a multipurpose unit that functions as a dining set table and a fire pit. To convert it into a table, you will only add a lid to the fire bowl. It has an innovative design that offers an easy access door for a propane tank exchange. It is lightweight and easy to clean, ensuring minimal maintenance. The unit features aluminum construction and a stainless steel burner, keeping away rust for enhanced durability. It comes with a reliable knob and ignition system.
5. Century Modern Outdoor Large Concrete Fire Pit
- Concrete exterior
- Push-button ignition
- Adjustable flame
- 50,000 BTUs
- It is durable
- It is solid
- It is easy to clean
- It is weather and dust resistant
- It is heavy
If you are tired of buying fire pits that will break after a few years, you should consider the Century Modern Outdoor Concrete fire pit. It has a fiber-reinforced concrete that is heat resistant, rust-resistant and weather resistant. It comes with an easy to use push-button ignition that lets you easily turn the fire on and off. It has a BTU output capacity of 50,000 BTUs. An adjustable flame lets you determine the right flame length while the Lava rocks enable you to spread the frame to suit your needs. It is easy to maintain as you only need to wipe with a dry cloth.
6. Elementi Granville Cast Concrete Natural Gas Fire Pit
- Durable, cast concrete
- 45,000 BTUs
- Auto safety shut-off
- It is stable and durable
- It is weather and dust resistant
- It is safe and easy to use
- It cannot be converted to use propane if needed
The Cast Concrete fire pit by Elementi is a heavy-duty outdoor accessory that is highly durable and multipurpose thanks to the cast concrete construction. It adds warmth and purpose to your backyard by acting as a centerpiece with attractive dancing flames that will keep your family and friends warm and excited. The fire pit measures 60-inch by 27-inch by 17 inches and weighs about 176 pounds. It comes with a fire pit ring burner with a length of 30 inches. It is a pure natural gas fire pit with a capacity of 45,000 BTUs and a dancing flame of between 24 and 26 inches.
7. Christopher Knight Home 296658 Rogers Round Stone Fire Pit Table
- Steel and magnesium oxide material
- Battery-operated ignitor
- A waterproof PVC fire pit cover
- Natural stone finish
- It has an attractive stone finish that complements your outdoor décor
- You can use it to roast food over an open fire
- It is strong and durable
- It struggles to heat a large area
If you are looking for a fire pit that will act as a decorative piece for your yard, you will fall in love with the Christopher Knight Home Rogers Round fire pit. The fire pit design is not only attractive, but it is also functional as you will be able to store one 40,000 BTU propane gas tank inside the unit. It also comes with a helpful ignitor battery that you can use to control the fire. The unit is built from strong steel that will withstand harsh weather conditions and high heats. The magnesium oxide is long-lasting as it can withstand harsh outdoor elements and it is resistant to mold and mildew.
8. Better Homes and Gardens Carter Hills 57-Inch Rectangular Gas Fire Pit
- 50,000 BTUs
- Protective cover
- Stainless steel burner
- It has a large table
- It is durable and easy to use
- It is lightweight
- You may experience ignition problems
This Carter Hills fireplace by Better Homes and Gardens is a perfect outdoor unit for large family gatherings. It comes with a large 57-inch rectangular gas fire pit that you can easily convert to help you serve your guests with drinks and foods. It is easy to set up and comes with fire glass to keep your fire dazzling even during strong winds. The unit comes with a battery for easy ignition.
- Electric Fireplace TV Stand 70 inch Corner Fireplace Review
- Top 15 Corner Fireplace TV Stand Reviews
- Top 7 Ventless Gas fireplace inserts Review
- 10 Best Electric Fireplace Insert Reviews
Buying a top-quality natural gas outdoor fireplace is a perfect way to enhance the comfort of your outdoor space by adding warmth and functionality. The fire pits in this article are multipurpose, keeping your outdoor space warm while adding beauty. Most of the units also offer extra space that you can convert into a social gathering table. It is worth noting that most units can be converted to use natural gas or propane.