Fire pits are excellent for bonfires and nighttime social gatherings, including parties. Since ancient times, humans have always passed knowledge around fireplaces. Despite the advances in technology, it is still refreshing and captivating to have a gathering around a fireplace. While the traditional fireplaces only added warmth, today’s fire pits also offer functionality and beauty. They come with a wide array of options and sizes as well. You have an opportunity to choose between wood-burning fire pits, propane fire pits, realistic electric fireplace and a natural gas outdoor fireplace. These different types of fireplaces are further discussed below.
- Wood Burning Fireplaces: A wood burning fire pit offers the appeal and fun of a traditional fireplace, including the crackling logs, the scent, and a taste of wood-fired foods. They are highly attractive and functional as they help you extend the kitchen to your outdoors. However, you will have to clean the ashes and debris after using them.
- Electric Fireplaces: A realistic electric fireplace is a convenient, easy to use alternative for individuals without the chimney and other settings needed to install a traditional wooden fireplace. They come with useful features like sensors that allow them to maintain a set temperature. Although, despite their convenience and realistic flame, they lack the scent and aura of a real fire.
- Liquid Propane Fireplaces: A liquid propane fire pit table is a good alternative for individuals who need to heat larger spaces. They are hotter, inexpensive, and easy to install and refuel. However, they burn less cleanly than natural gas and require periodic refilling.
- Natural Gas Fireplaces: A natural gas fireplace is the best option for those who are looking to save on fuel costs. The natural gas is inexpensive and burns more cleanly than other fuel options. But, it is worth noting that an outdoor gas fire pit may require the installation of an additional gas line. They come in different features, sizes, and designs, giving you an endless list of options that you can choose for your home.
Is investing In a Natural Gas Outdoor Fireplace Worth the Cost?
Investing in an outdoor gas fireplace insert can be the best choice for some homeowners. They simulate the look of real wood without the hassles of sourcing wood. They feature a log that comes in a variety of styles and burner modules that create flames that dance and flicker with attractive golden hues. The best units recreate a realistic look of glowing embers underneath the logs. They are also safe. The top gas fire pits come with a sensor that turns off the burner if the oxygen level falls.
In this article, you will find a review of the best rated natural gas fireplaces that are also cost-friendly and safe to use. Keep reading.
Review of the Best 8 Natural Gas Outdoor Fireplace In 2020
1. Outland Firebowl 870 Portable Gas Fire Pit
- ✓ PERFECT NO MESS CAMPFIRE: Say goodbye to dirty ash, expensive firewood, and bothersome smoke and enjoy a clean realistic propane campfire. The perfect outdoor centerpiece for camping trips, RV travels, tailgating get-togethers, beach parties, and family evenings on the backyard patio.
- ✓ COMPACT AND EASY TO TRANSPORT: Travel size fire pit is lightweight and portable; easily set up in minutes with no tools required. Matchless auto-ignition feature ensures a fast and simple start-up; all weather fire bowl delivers a clean and smokeless flame with cozy warmth and beautiful evening ambiance. Measures L 19” x W 19” x H 11” with total output of 58,000 BTU/HR.
- ✓ BEAT THE CAMPFIRE BAN: CSA approved fire pit is safe to use during most campfire bans; always check with the current fire restrictions in your area. Spark free propane campfire helps protect campgrounds and forested areas with a safer easy-to-use fire option. No assembly required
- ✓ COMPLETE FIRE PIT KIT: Includes Cover & Carry Kit, pre-attached 10-Ft hose to keep your standard 20-Lb propane tank cylinder (not included) safely out of sight, fully adjustable regulator with chrome valve knob for varying flame height, and 4.4-Lb natural lava rock set designed to enhance flickering effect. Optional accessories of CSA approved Natural Gas Conversion Kit 785 and Standard Carry Bag 760 available separately.
- ✓ SIGNATURE OUTLAND LIVING QUALITY: Durable high quality steel construction with protective enamel finish for dependable longevity; superior stainless steel burner, fasteners and contemporary decorative belt. Outland Living has outdoor living perfected so you can create the perfect ambiance to share stories and good times. Make new memories with family and friends, in comfort and style anywhere outdoors, with the Outland Firebowl Premium propane fire pit.
- It has a total output of 58,000 BTU per hour
- It is spark-free
- Stainless steel burner and fasteners
- It weighs 22 lbs
Outland fire bowl 870 is a mark of functionality and quality. It features high-quality steel construction and an enamel finish with protective powder coating for enhanced durability. It is built to handle most knocks common during transportation, which makes it a perfect camping tool. It also comes with stainless-steel burner and fasteners, ensuring that you will not be regularly spending money to buy replacements. The unit offers a fantastic output of 58,000 BTU per hour. It has a stunning chrome valve knob that lets you easily adjust the height of the flame to suit your needs.
The 870 Outland is also attractive. It comes with a 4.4 lb natural lava rock set that is pleasing to the eye, enhancing the flickering effect of your fire. The set further comes with a propane tank stabilizer ring and 10-inch pre-attached hose with a regulator, ensuring that your propane tank is not only out of sight but also safe. The fire pit only weighs 22 lbs, which makes it lightweight for outdoor activities. It comes with a cover and a carry kit to protect the unit from outdoor elements.
2. Best Choice Products Outdoor Wicker Propane Fire Pit Table
- ELEGANT OUTDOOR FURNITURE: The perfect combination of style and functionality on your patio or in the backyard, with a beautiful wicker design and aluminum tabletop
- GLASS WIND GUARD: Ignite a warm, inviting flame over the sparkling glass rocks and watch it burn all night, as an included glass wind guard adds elegant appeal while keeping the fire going even during a breeze
- CONVENIENT HIDEAWAY TANK HOLDER: Intelligently crafted with a pullout gas tank holder, so you can change your propane tank in a flash and tuck it away to stay completely out of sight; works with a standard 20-pound propane tank at 50,000 BTU
- ENJOY MORE TABLE SPACE: Remove the wind guard, then take the lid off the built-in side hooks and place it over the pit to create more table space for family and friends to enjoy a good meal while sitting around the fire
- DURABLE WICKER, WITH COVER INCLUDED: High-quality, weather-resistant wicker is woven over a sturdy, aluminum frame, and a durable fabric cover is included to ensure this fire pit table will withstand the elements; OVERALL DIMENSIONS: 52"(L) x 34"(W) x 24.75"(H)
- It delivers 50,000 BTU
- It has a glass wind guard
- It has a pullout gas tank holder
- Weather-resistant wicker
The Outdoor Wicker fire pit by Best Choice is elegant outdoor furniture that offers a perfect combination of functionality and style on your patio. An aluminum tabletop and an attractive wicker design offer an eye-pleasing focal point that complements your outdoor décor. The unit features a glass wind guard that keeps your fire going while enhancing the appeal of the frame. The wind guard offers an attractive view of the flame while keeping the fire burning even during a breeze.
The Wicker gas fire pit table comes with a convenient tank holder that keeps the gas tank out of sight. It works with a 20-pound propane tank delivering 50,000 BTU. It is convenient and flexible to accommodate other outdoor functions. For extra table space, you should remove the wind guard and place a lid over the pit for an additional space that you can use to hold drinks and food for an outdoor family gathering. The unit further comes with high-quality, weather-resistant wicker that is woven over an aluminum frame enabling it to withstand the harsh weather elements.
3. Giantex Gas Fire Pit Table
- 【Decorative and Practical Gas Fire Pit】The main part of this gas fire pit is a simulated stone made of magnesia, which is highly realistic and can not be distinguished by the naked eye. It is beautiful and practical as a decorative or a heating fire pit for outdoor gardens. We also use the best 304 stainless steel for the fire pit inner part and it is of superior quality.Please pay attention that it is normal for the color to darken after use and being burned by flame.
- 【Environmentally Friendly Radiation-Free Volcanic Stone】We have included volcanic stones for the fire pit. This volcanic stone is a functional and environmentally friendly material that is completely free of radiation and does not cause pollution and no harm to human body. Throwing this stone during use can cover the flame and prevent the flame from burning too much and hurt you unexpectedly.
- 【Durable and Perfect Gas Fire Pit】This gas fire pit is not cheap one-time use stuff, from the material to the workmanship and the appearance, it is carefully designed and is among the first class.. The fire pit weighs about 40 lbs and the size of the fire pit is about 27.5" (Dia) x 9.5" (H). Maximum Output: 40,000 BTUs. The maximum gas supply pressure: 250 psi. Ideal for daily outdoor use for your family and friends.
- 【Safe and Secure Use】The length of the gas pipe is nearly 10 ft. After connecting the gas bottle, please pay attention to keep a certain safe distance from the fire pit. Please be careful not to cover the stainless steel ventilation port on the inner wall with the volcano stones during use, otherwise it will affect the normal use. When connecting to a gas bottle, it is better not to open the valve to the maximum for the first time, which makes it easier to start the fire.
- 【Bonus Dust Protector and Battery Included】We have a dust cover that can be used when not in use to prevent dust from accumulating, and the battery is included, which helps you save time to purchase seperately.
- Natural stone rocks
- Stainless steel fire pit inner part
- Environmentally friendly volcanic stone
- Maximum output of 40,000 BTUs
- 10-ft gas pipe
If you are looking for an attractive, yet functional propane gas fire pit, the Giantex gas fire pit table is a beauty to behold. It features magnesia simulated stone that is highly realistic and clearly distinguishable by naked eyes. It not only offers heat, but the lovely design provides a decorative aspect in your garden. The inner part is built of stainless steel, enhancing the durability of the fire pit. The unit comes with functional volcanic stones that you can use to prevent the flame from burning too much.
The Giantex Outdoor fire pit is not only stylish, but it is also durable. It is carefully designed from quality materials for enhanced durability. It weighs about 40 lbs and has the capacity to deliver an output of 40,000 BTUs. The unit comes with a long gas pipe of about 10 ft enabling you to keep the gas tank in a safe distance. Attached to it is a useful dust protector keeping the dust away from the unit when not in use. An included battery saves you the time you could have used to purchase separately.
4. Legacy Heating Aluminum Rectangular Gas Fire Pit
- Item size: 56.7in x21.3in x24in
- Full Stainless Steel Burner and Extruded Aluminum constructure
- Lava glass, table lid and a protection cover included
- Use with 20lb. propane tank, hidden in the table (not included)
- ETL approved
- Stainless steel burner
- Extruded aluminum construction
- Lava glass
- Table lid
- 50,000 BTUs
This Legacy heating aluminum fire pit is a highly functional unit that offers 50,000 BTUs. It is a multipurpose unit that functions as a dining set table and a fire pit. To convert it into a table, you will only add a lid to the fire bowl. It has an innovative design that offers an easy access door for a propane tank exchange. It is lightweight and easy to clean, ensuring minimal maintenance. The unit features aluminum construction and a stainless steel burner, keeping away rust for enhanced durability. It comes with a reliable knob and ignition system.
5. Century Modern Outdoor Large Concrete Fire Pit
- Concrete exterior
- Push-button ignition
- Adjustable flame
- 50,000 BTUs
If you are tired of buying fire pits that will break after a few years, you should consider the Century Modern Outdoor Concrete fire pit. It has a fiber-reinforced concrete that is heat resistant, rust-resistant and weather resistant. It comes with an easy to use push-button ignition that lets you easily turn the fire on and off. It has a BTU output capacity of 50,000 BTUs. An adjustable flame lets you determine the right flame length while the Lava rocks enable you to spread the frame to suit your needs. It is easy to maintain as you only need to wipe with a dry cloth.
6. Elementi Granville Cast Concrete Natural Gas Fire Pit
- HEAVY DUTY OUTDOOR FIRE PITS – Gas patio heater made from high performance cast concrete is durable and finished to have a high resistance to heat. Brighten up your quality of life with a backyard fire pit as your outdoor centerpiece that will have the reflections of dancing flames keeping you and your loved ones warm and cozy.
- BACKYARD FIRE PITS OUTDOOR - Carefully designed outdoor heater measuring 60" L x 27" W x 17" H and weighing 176 pounds with the a firepit ring burner at 30 inches length. Natural gas fire pit producing 45,000 BTUs with a dancing flame of 24 to 26 inches this firepit table for outside will be sure to warm your backyard area.
- SAFE AND WARM BONFIRE EXPERIENCE - Crafted with the customer in mind, the patioflame table is CSA & CE Certified. Outdoor fireplace includes firepit canvas cover, lava rocks and stainless-steel burner with electric ignition and auto safety shut-off. Simply turn on your outdoor gas firepit to create flames that radiate brightly against the lava rocks to create a pleasant ambiance.
- DESIGNED AS NAUTRAL GAS FIRE PIT ONLY – The rectangle fire pit table can be used as an outdoor dining fire table or a patio coffee bar. The fire bowl comes configured as ordered and the fuel type cannot be converted. The Elementi Granville gas patio fire pit table is perfect for your backyard, patio, or garden.
- RETURN POLICY - Please check our return policy for patio furniture and fire pits products under seller profile. We stand by the quality of our fire pit products and accessories, so if you have any issue or questions, our friendly customer support team will be glad to take care of it. Heavy items are shipped through freight which is expensive. We accept returns of all unopened outdoor firepits within 30 days of receipt for a full refund minus any shipping cost. If customer changes mind or refuse
- Durable, cast concrete
- 45,000 BTUs
- Auto safety shut-off
The Cast Concrete fire pit by Elementi is a heavy-duty outdoor accessory that is highly durable and multipurpose thanks to the cast concrete construction. It adds warmth and purpose to your backyard by acting as a centerpiece with attractive dancing flames that will keep your family and friends warm and excited. The fire pit measures 60-inch by 27-inch by 17 inches and weighs about 176 pounds. It comes with a fire pit ring burner with a length of 30 inches. It is a pure natural gas fire pit with a capacity of 45,000 BTUs and a dancing flame of between 24 and 26 inches.
7. Christopher Knight Home 296658 Rogers Round Stone Fire Pit Table
- Steel and magnesium oxide material
- Battery-operated ignitor
- A waterproof PVC fire pit cover
- Natural stone finish
If you are looking for a fire pit that will act as a decorative piece for your yard, you will fall in love with the Christopher Knight Home Rogers Round fire pit. The fire pit design is not only attractive, but it is also functional as you will be able to store one 40,000 BTU propane gas tank inside the unit. It also comes with a helpful ignitor battery that you can use to control the fire. The unit is built from strong steel that will withstand harsh weather conditions and high heats. The magnesium oxide is long-lasting as it can withstand harsh outdoor elements and it is resistant to mold and mildew.
8. Better Homes and Gardens Carter Hills 57-Inch Rectangular Gas Fire Pit
- 50,000 BTUs
- Protective cover
- Stainless steel burner
This Carter Hills fireplace by Better Homes and Gardens is a perfect outdoor unit for large family gatherings. It comes with a large 57-inch rectangular gas fire pit that you can easily convert to help you serve your guests with drinks and foods. It is easy to set up and comes with fire glass to keep your fire dazzling even during strong winds. The unit comes with a battery for easy ignition.
- Electric Fireplace TV Stand 70 inch Corner Fireplace Review
- Top 15 Corner Fireplace TV Stand Reviews
- Top 7 Ventless Gas fireplace inserts Review
- 10 Best Electric Fireplace Insert Reviews
Buying a top-quality natural gas outdoor fireplace is a perfect way to enhance the comfort of your outdoor space by adding warmth and functionality. The fire pits in this article are multipurpose, keeping your outdoor space warm while adding beauty. Most of the units also offer extra space that you can convert into a social gathering table. It is worth noting that most units can be converted to use natural gas or propane.